The Student Room Group

29 year-old girl going out with a 24-year old guy?

Would a woman find that age gap undesirable? I tend to always end up liking women a few years older than me, thought this girl was around my age as she looks quite young/cute, turns out she's 30 in a few months. Doesn't bother me in the slightest mind, but I guess it could her.

What do you lot think?
Reply 1
Do you get on well? Does she like you? Is there chemistry there? Because if so then I don't see any reason why it should stand in your way that she's slightly older. Not logically anyway. You won't know unless you just go for it with her because everyone's different when it comes to age gaps. It might bother her, it might not! Nobody here will be able to predict that so you might as well just make a move and see where it takes you.
There are no reasons why such a relationship wouldnt work in the short term. You are both mature adults, you both probably have a good deal to offer.

BUT and this is a HUGE but.

She is nearing the point where she biologically should have babies if she wants to avoid risk of complications. Most women would (quite sensibly) rather have finishing having their children by around the age of 35. Later than that risks all kinds of genetic issues and issues with the actual birth. This means for women who want more than one kid, 30 is around the time they at least need to start thinking about childbirth.

You need to think carefully if you would be ready for kids within a couple of years.
I think most women want the man to be the leader in the relationship. That normally requires him to be older than her as men mature at a later age than women. So I thnk it could be difficult to make work in the longer term.
Honestly it's fine. You're both mature individuals, something so trivial shouldn't compromise a potential relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending