The Student Room Group

Lost all faith in men

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Hypocrism
You need to chill out!

For someone encouraging women to think for themselves, you've fallen pretty hard for gender stereotypes.

And you have lost the plot completely.

He's mocking the gender stereotypes not embracing it.

It's better you stop posting I think.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by Anonymous
Oh WOW the typical man bashing thread from a stupid little girl that always picks the nob.
These about about as boring as the muslim bashing threads nowadays.

Who shall we bash next???

If you are so bored by these threads why are you on them ??? And i am guessing you are male..... maybe a nob who was picked and possibly dumped by some 'stupid little girl?'
Original post by emilylucas
Well done man, way to change her mind about how amazing and kind you all are....

I wasn't trying to. I was merely making an observation on something which seems more common than ever these days.
Reply 43
In The Selfish Gene, Dawkins shows that the evolutionary stable strategy for mating involves the majority of males (5/8) being faithful to their partners.
Let me guess. Typical girl who constantly goes out with ********s time after time and complains there are no decent guys in the world. We all haven't heard that one before...
Reply 45
Original post by tehforum
So I have lost all faith in women. Seems like there's no one out there for me. Every woman is really immature and will cheat on their boyfriends without thinking twice about it. Most women are only nice to me because they think it will get them into my pants.

Are there any decent women in the world? The kind who don't tell you what to do/degrade you or think you 'belong to them'? The kind that take you for what you are as a strong person and don't mind that you are capable of doing things for yourself and don't need looking after?

Just wondering. :tongue:

we all know that line isnt true...
Oh WOW the typical man bashing thread from a stupid little girl that always picks the nob.
These about about as boring as the muslim bashing threads nowadays.

Who shall we bash next???

good points

women are very primitive and have simply not evolved, they just seek men with power (violence, money etc) like like cavemen women did to survive.

how many times have you seen in the workplace some bimbo dating the fat/ugly old manager...why is this...he has POWER. Yes this happens at my workplace all the time. makes me sick to be honest.
Reply 47
Original post by Genocidal
I wasn't trying to. I was merely making an observation on something which seems more common than ever these days.

It is common that women are constantly disappointed and let down by the fact that a large proportion of men are selfish and cruel and don't treat women the way they should. Of course this is the female populations fault.....
Love how every man on here thinks they are not one of these guys, which I do not believe. And I 'think every guy is like that' because I have yet to see evidence to the contrary....

According to the 2011 census there's around 31 million men in the UK. That's 31,000,000. How many men have you dated?

Of course, you may have come across a truth unbeknownst to the human race in our 200,000 year history. Who knows :dontknow:?
Reply 49
Original post by tehforum
So I have lost all faith in women. Seems like there's no one out there for me. Every woman is really immature and will cheat on their boyfriends without thinking twice about it. Most women are only nice to me because they think it will get them into my pants.

Are there any decent women in the world? The kind who don't tell you what to do/degrade you or think you 'belong to them'? The kind that take you for what you are as a strong person and don't mind that you are capable of doing things for yourself and don't need looking after?

Just wondering. :tongue:

Is it your job to deal with generalisations on this forum? You did it last time too :P
Original post by Ultimate1
Perhaps you could also tell these women who 'friendzone' these guys to stop scrounging money off these guys, to stop leading them on, giving them a false sense of success with the women and also to make her intention clear from the start that she sees him as a friend and nothing else.

Or is the onus ALWAYS on the man?

Wtf is the scrounging money thing you're going on about? You lend someone money, your fault. You become friends with and stay friends with some scrounger, your fault. Sure, they shouldn't do it, but if you're fully aware someone's bad news, it's your fault for staying friends with them.

Do you ask everyone you become friends with if they are attracted too you? If you act like someones friend, they'll treat you like a friend. How do you expect people to know the other person sees them as otherwise when they haven't indicated as such?

No, the onus is on whoever expects other people to be pyschics that can detect their emotions and do what they want instead of being decent people who either admit their feelings or accept them and move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is common that women are constantly disappointed and let down by the fact that a large proportion of men are selfish and cruel and don't treat women the way they should. Of course this is the female populations fault.....

Have you met this large proportion of men you speak of?

And of course it's not the woman's fault, but when they make sweeping generalisations that's just as bad.
Reply 52
I would just like to throw out there that men and women are quite possibly as bad as each other.
Reply 53
Original post by Genocidal
Have you met this large proportion of men you speak of?

And of course it's not the woman's fault, but when they make sweeping generalisations that's just as bad.

I have two sisters and lots of female friends and everyone of them is yet to meet a decent guy. And I agree that generalizing and stereotyping is not fair but this girl is having a hard time finding any guy who is halfway decent. None of the guys on this thread are doing much to change her mind. And i don't hate men or anything, but most guys i know will also agree that there are a lot of *******s out there. Saying that there are also a lot of awful horrid girls too, but that's not what this thread is about.
So I have lost all faith in men. Seems like there's no one out there for me. Every man is really immature and will cheat on their girlfriends without thinking twice about it. Most men are only nice to me because they think it will get them into my pants.

Are there any decent men in the world? The kind who don't tell you what to do/degrade you or think you 'belong to them'? The kind that take you for what you are as a strong person and don't mind that you are capable of doing things for yourself and don't need looking after?

Just wondering :tongue:

Yes, but these men don't want bigots who constantly choose bad boys and wonder why they get treated badly :rolleyes:
I'm sick of every sun tanned bimbo sleeping with me just because I have a wallet... All women are just spiteful and acidic feminists who believe that men are just soulless beasts that have the intellect of a five year old that get excited by fire. I hate that they claim victim to men in 21st century Western Europe it actually means anything. I hate how women complain about how men are only Being nice to them to get into their pants and still use that to their advantage to make their life easier. See this is how I would think if I were to sum up most women I've met. So what sometimes we can be immature and asshats not like as if you can't sometimes be immature or thoughtless about things either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Original post by Jimbo1234
Yes, but these men don't want bigots who constantly choose bad boys and wonder why they get treated badly :rolleyes:

O dear, if only we could find out exactly what someone is like, whether they have a criminal record or illness or phsyco problems or is a complete dick head, how they have treated their ex's, how they are going to treat us and what kind of person they really are before we date them.... if only we had access to top secret files that tell us all that before we fall for someone....
If you had read some of the threads in this forum you would wonder why any woman had faith in men in the first place to lose.
Reply 58
Original post by Sheldor
Wtf is the scrounging money thing you're going on about? You lend someone money, your fault.

It's obvious what I'm talking about. I'm talking about those women who know exactly why the man is giving them the money (ie for a relationship/whatever but definitely not to just be friends) the onus is on both to not give/accept. She should also take responsibility and tell him that she doesn't want him to invest his time/money into him because she doesn't see him as a romantic interest. In most cases the women know EXACTLY what the man wants yet will play along with it to get money from him. Yes the man is an idiot for splashing cash on any woman but she also shares the burden of responsibility by leading the man into continually splashing the cash on her. I don't think this happens in a friendship where just one party spends, spends and spends and the other party doesn't reciprocate. Women know exactly what the man wants once he starts this sort of behavior.

I'm tired of everyone criticising the men in all situations and portraying women as the little angels who can do no wrong.
I have two sisters and lots of female friends and everyone of them is yet to meet a decent guy. And I agree that generalizing and stereotyping is not fair but this girl is having a hard time finding any guy who is halfway decent. None of the guys on this thread are doing much to change her mind. And i don't hate men or anything, but most guys i know will also agree that there are a lot of *******s out there. Saying that there are also a lot of awful horrid girls too, but that's not what this thread is about.

Yes, there are lots of bad men, but to make such sweeping generalisations isn't right. The guys in this thread clearly don't like it either. If you are going to make such claims why should we be nice? To us, such stupid statements make us wonder why people like that deserve anybody nice? Just because a guy is nice doesn't mean he has to put up with such bull****.

I could be a really nice guy in real life, but when I see such things I'm not going to hold that face for some silly little girl whining about "all men".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending