The Student Room Group

Asked her out, she said 'I don't know.' What does this mean?

So we were talking together alone and I asked her out to catch a movie or grab something to eat sometime soon.

She said: dunno really, this holiday had been unbelievably busy
I asked her to send me a message or tell me soon and she said alright and the subject of the conversation swiftly changed

Given my track record with girls in the past, I assume it's a no. She's perhaps just to polite to let me down? :sigh:
yep, afraid it's a no son :frown:
The thing is, if she was genuinely busy, she would have probably been pleased that you asked her out but visibly apologetic, and she would have asked for a different time instead of you asking her to text you.

Sorry but it sounds like a no. But you never no, she might text you. But don't get your hopes up.
Typical trying to let you down softly but creating stupid ambiguity because she doesnt know how to be both confidently polite and let you down.
Original post by Anonymous
So we were talking together alone and I asked her out to catch a movie or grab something to eat sometime soon.

I asked her to send me a message or tell me soon and she said alright and the subject of the conversation swiftly changed

Given my track record with girls in the past, I assume it's a no. She's perhaps just to polite to let me down? :sigh:

sounds like a polite no :frown:..

Oh well.. good for sticking your neck out and asking though!
Reply 5
lol its 1000% no mate, sorry!
Reply 6
If she was geniunely busy then it could be possible but the answer what have been something along the lines of "I'm a bit busy, maybe another time", but generally "don't know/maybe" means no.
Reply 7

I think she is trying to let you down politely Don't worry about and just move on, there will always be other girls.
Reply 8
To be honest this kind of response is one that pisses me off as it is ambiguous to say the least and lets be honest, would you prefer the harsh truth so you can get on with life or the ambiguousness that is "I don't know" which leads to all sorts of confusion within yourself.

I think women should grow a pair and be more honest to guys when it comes to this as otherwise it is just a circle jerk of failure on both sides.
She doesn't know.
Reply 10
Original post by tehFrance
To be honest this kind of response is one that pisses me off as it is ambiguous to say the least and lets be honest, would you prefer the harsh truth so you can get on with life or the ambiguousness that is "I don't know" which leads to all sorts of confusion within yourself.

I think women should grow a pair and be more honest to guys when it comes to this as otherwise it is just a circle jerk of failure on both sides.

I know right! Would rather have the harsh truth so I can forget about it, oh well.
Thanks for your responses guys, wasn't too confident of a positive answer before I asked her anyway :frown:
Reply 11
its a no mate, at least its a better reply than " I'll see u if i see u and won't if i don't" wtf does that mean???

Here's a flowchart to help you in future:

Askingawomanonadate_v4.jpg
Reply 13
Ask her in a more clear way

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
It means she does not have the knowledge to provide you with an answer.

But, it's probably a no. I know girls that do that to guys when they ask them to go and do something with them simply because they do not wish to upset them and feel guilty about saying no. At least she cares enough to let you down gently?
Reply 15
Onto the rejection train brah.
Reply 16
Original post by Forum User
Here's a flowchart to help you in future:

Askingawomanonadate_v4.jpg

So so true :|
Could be worse, I once asked a girl out and she said she was 'confused' and never gave me a proper answer after. Worked well. Feels good man.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending