The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
xUniquex
:eek: Oh really rob! I was going to do law and criminology but just stuck to law instead. Birmingham Uni is actually my firm choice, good luck with Psych!:biggrin:

haha thanks! :biggrin:

yeah i wanted to do law at bham....they gave me an offer of AAA tho, and i only got ABB :frown:

nevermind tho! lol....i might c u around bham
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 21
I wouldn't have thought they would have turned you down with ABB, thats shocking! I havn't got the grades to do Law either this year so I am doing Social Policy. Im hoping if I do well they may allow me to chnage my course next year :p:
Would you stay in halls at B'ham? I dont live that far from Dudley so im staying at home, really not sure if thats the right thing to do though.
If I fluke my exams I might see you in B'ham! :smile:
Reply 22
loogaroo
wow thats a first noone usually knows where it is!!
probly see you there then
what are you doing?

evryone knows great barr! how can u forget it...n its big asda :rolleyes:
Reply 23
xUniquex
I wouldn't have thought they would have turned you down with ABB, thats shocking! I havn't got the grades to do Law either this year so I am doing Social Policy. Im hoping if I do well they may allow me to chnage my course next year :p:
Would you stay in halls at B'ham? I dont live that far from Dudley so im staying at home, really not sure if thats the right thing to do though.
If I fluke my exams I might see you in B'ham! :smile:

ohh goodluck...i hope u get to do law

ill be living from home....im from halesowen you see....1 comfy bus ride away

ohhh i know dudley lol...i know quite a few ppl from around there...do you have the most feared dudley accent? :biggrin:
Reply 24
Halesowen,i know it well :smile: alot of my friends live in that area and went to schools like Leasowes and Windsor!
Heehee,I havn't got the poshest accent but i cant say i have the dudlayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy accent:p:
Nothing beats it though lol!
So true, lol...
Reply 26
xUniquex
Halesowen,i know it well :smile: alot of my friends live in that area and went to schools like Leasowes and Windsor!
Heehee,I havn't got the poshest accent but i cant say i have the dudlayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy accent:p:
Nothing beats it though lol!

haha no way....if you know Leasowes and Windsor then you must know Earls!...thats where i went lol

yeh loads of my m8s r from dudley...i go to the dudley leisure centre quite a bit :biggrin:
Reply 27
Earls! I do indeed know it :biggrin: By the sounds of it your in Dudley more than me Rob lol!

If I took a very random guess I would say you went to King Ed's in Stourbridge:cool:
Reply 28
haha indeed i did go to King Ed's in Stourbridge

what college u go to? :P
Reply 29
Wowww,I wonder how i guessed that :rolleyes:

I was rejected from King Ed's (apparently I lived to far away to commute to Stourbridge everyday) even though I have managed it for the past two years by going to Stourbridge College (which is REBBISH). Ahhh well, Im sure Uni will make up for that.

I think we have kind of hijacked this convo Rob with our general chat on Dudlayy/Halesowen/Stourbridge heehee!:p:

Sorry Keele TSR's!
Reply 30
haha yeah sorry, but there is so much to way about the bham area

thats a lame reason to be rejected by KE, i met most of my dudley friends whilst at KE

sbridge college is alright, you seem to be doing pretty damn well there anyway lol

do you get the 126 bus (i think thats the right one) from the sbridge bus station? (kinda random question :P)
Reply 31
I knoww,any god damn excuse from King Ed's! ahh well,im over it.

Stourbridge college is not too bad,but it was taken over by chav's unfortunately,mehh:frown: Just working my butt off now to just prove to myself I didn't need to go to king ed's lol.

Im sure everyone is secretly enjoying our discussion:biggrin: Well I do indeed get the 126 but from Dudley bus stop and random is good! That was an ace guess, why do you ask?
Reply 32
yeh lol king eds r crap like that....the admin ppl r a bunch of depressed oldies who dont like to help you

yeh u show king eds....write them a letter tellin em wat u got at a level...make them feel bad

yeah i always noticed quite a few chavs went to sbridge college, dunno how they even get in there lol

lol i got lucky, dont know why i asked....if u get the number 9 from sbridge bus station it goes right past my house :P...how excitin is tht!
Reply 33
Whoaa,I do get the number 9 quite alot when i feel like a bit of a shopping spree after depressing college lol.
Who knows,we could have passed each other in S'bridge last year! Thats really weird.
Are you back at home now or are you living at Keele over the summer?
Reply 34
Yeah lol bham is pretty good for shopping.

haha yeah we couldve done, i walked thru and around sbridge quite a lot, theres nothing to do there except walk around lol.

im at keele atm, but going home tomorrow! wooooo
Reply 35
yerrr,me and my friends seem to find ourselves jus circling around Stoubridge when we have nothing to do.
The thing is there are just no decent shops to even venture into,most of the time we pretty much end up in lloyds bar having a drink or two :biggrin:

Must be really weird coming back home after spending so much time in Keele! How will you know if your going to Birmingham Uni? Have they offered you an unconditional place?
Reply 36
yeah sbridge is just a bigger halesowen imo

no decent shops at all, most of the time we just went to food places to eat lol, it really is a bad place to go for a day out

altho....there is a place where u can play pool...tht bout it really

yeah it will be weird going home, but i love my house! and there is a massive trampoline in the garden! nah i havent got a place yet, have to reapply...wish me luck lol

when do u finish ure a level exams? and how have they gone so far?
Reply 37
I know what you mean, so many places to eat and drink but thats about it!:rolleyes:

Oh no buddy! Good luck with re-applying, didnt realise you could do it this late for entry this october! Im sure you will have no probs with your A Level grades anyway, I think they the requirement is AAB this year too for psych:smile:

Nothing better being at home! and you have a huge trampoline :eek: that just tops it!

My exams havn't actually started yet,my 1st exam is on the 12th June and then I have nine exams in the space of eight days:frown: Just counting down to the final one now:smile:

I guess you will miss the student life in Keele though wont you? Then again, you cant beat a night up Wolvo or Brum when your back at home.
Reply 38
lol they have no places left for psy startin this september, so im takin a gap year then reapplyin next year lol...plenty of time to trampoline

yeah the requirement is AAB, i got ABB but i reckon they will let me in (fingers crossed)

woah ure exams are pretty intense, gudluk!

yeah i will miss the student life here, made sum gud friends too, but i will be back to visit quite frequently
Reply 39
Good luck with re-applying buddy!

Im starting on a social policy course but ideally id like to change to law after first year so I might see you in freshers week(long time off but these things need to be thought about:p: )

Now and again we will have to chat about the good old west mids, TSR's dont know what there missing out on!:smile:

Latest