The Student Room Group

No way I can get a A...or is there?

Hi everyone,
I'm retaking my last 2 history exams (edexcel units 4 and 6) this yr, along with 3 other exams. My school let me do it (this is my gap yr) because I was ill for quite a long time with glandular fever last yr.

The only thing is, because of all my other history module grades (B's mostly) i need to get almost top marks on both to get an A overall (i can only get up to 484 and 480 is an A).

This means that I can only lose 2 marks on both exams!! I do not see myself doing this and although I would b pretty happy with a B overall, I'd obviously rather an A. I have done quite a lot of revision for them and past papers etc, but I cant see myself getting top marks on both!! Perhaps I should get a history tutor? Would that help? I would want one specifically for these modules otherwise there'd be no point.

I got a D overall last time but that was because I did so bad in the last modules. I think I could get a B, cos it will b so hard to get an A.

Can anyone offer me some advice?

Thanks

X Kittycat X
Reply 1
Well there is no harm in trying to aim for your A, although it maybe pretty hard to get. Getting a B is also a very good grade but on a History exam getting almost full marks/full marks is hard.
Just revise as much as you can and do your best.
Good luck with you exams xx
Reply 2
I don't think it's likely you'll be able to get 98%-100% on those papers - even if you are a fantastic student it doesn't take much to drop a few marks. If you resat some of your AS modules then there would be more of a chance of getting an A overall, but if this is not possible then realistically you're probably on track to get a B (which is still a good grade).

Do you need an A for university?
Ditto what everyone else has said, really. If you work very hard, you should be on course for a B, which is still a very good grade -- getting an A seems a little unrealistically tough to me.
You can always aim for the top but make sure you are realistic. what you have to do is huge, and so a lot of work is necessary to put in here, and so you have to obviously try your best. aim high but be aware that it might not be possible to get to the top. all the best x

Latest

Trending

Trending