The Student Room Group

met up with the ex

Its been just over a year since me and the ex broke up and he has a new girlfriend- been together 10months. We have only met up twice since breaking up. Once, was this week.

We were only together 2.5 years but he was never just a boyfriend- he always seemed much more than that. Anyway, he came round to mine this week and we literally sat with him holding my hands and stroking my legs and cuddling...and even some kissing for about 5 hours.

I can see on his face he is still in love with me, and it was generally him making the advances (though i moved for the kiss). There is no way we will ever get back together and we have both agreed on that.

A part of me feels like Im being used because he is with her and wont dump her- but at the same time ive been happy this year since breaking up, but everytime I see him he is all I can think about and i end up falling for him again (but then he ignores me because hes with his girlfriend).

By the way, just adding his girlfriend is a complete bitch- shes scratched his car when they fell out, she cheated on him twice and various other things. So I dont really feel guilty about that. I have suggested he dump her but he wont. He's one of them guys that would rather be in a destructive relationship than be happy single.

I also dont think he loves her. When we are together we click and we become one, its weird how well we get on, even after only seeing each other twice in the year! But he says he hates talking to her, he finds her boring etc.

We will NEVER get back together, it is not an option, and after things that happened in our relationship I wouldnt WANT to get back with him. But i am scared i will fall for him/end up being used.

I dont really know what I want from TSR, I guess just to let it out and see if there were any thoughts.
Original post by Anonymous
Its been just over a year since me and the ex broke up and he has a new girlfriend- been together 10months. We have only met up twice since breaking up. Once, was this week.

We were only together 2.5 years but he was never just a boyfriend- he always seemed much more than that. Anyway, he came round to mine this week and we literally sat with him holding my hands and stroking my legs and cuddling...and even some kissing for about 5 hours.

I can see on his face he is still in love with me, and it was generally him making the advances (though i moved for the kiss). There is no way we will ever get back together and we have both agreed on that.

A part of me feels like Im being used because he is with her and wont dump her- but at the same time ive been happy this year since breaking up, but everytime I see him he is all I can think about and i end up falling for him again (but then he ignores me because hes with his girlfriend).

By the way, just adding his girlfriend is a complete bitch- shes scratched his car when they fell out, she cheated on him twice and various other things. So I dont really feel guilty about that. I have suggested he dump her but he wont. He's one of them guys that would rather be in a destructive relationship than be happy single.

I also dont think he loves her. When we are together we click and we become one, its weird how well we get on, even after only seeing each other twice in the year! But he says he hates talking to her, he finds her boring etc.

We will NEVER get back together, it is not an option, and after things that happened in our relationship I wouldnt WANT to get back with him. But i am scared i will fall for him/end up being used.

I dont really know what I want from TSR, I guess just to let it out and see if there were any thoughts.

Well it doesn't matter how bad she treats him, he is still taken so really kissing him is wrong. Not being horrible but how would you feel if it was you being cheated on. Another question, why did you both break up in the first place?
Reply 2
Cringe.
Stop contacting him, he has a girlfriend and as you said isn't going to break up with her so what exactly are you expecting from him? Would you even want to be with someone who is cheating on their current girlfriend with you anyway?
OP, it doesn't matter if he loves her/doesn't. Ultimately he's in a relationship with someone other than yourself and what you're doing is wrong.

Whatever the reason for your break up, you both broke up for a reason, so stop continuing this dishonesty and move on.
OP, people like you are why I despair of half the people dating atm. If you're never getting back together then don't put yourself in these situations or let him do this stuff, he's obviously going to use you...it's really as simple as that.
Reply 6
It sounds like he's only willing to take whatever he can get :\ otherwise why would he let himself get treated so badly and then go after other girls as well (you)?
Reply 7
Yeh, its so hard, because i want to be friends with him, but the feelings just come flooding back. I really dont know what to do.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Yeh, its so hard, because i want to be friends with him, but the feelings just come flooding back. I really dont know what to do.

What you've just said has basically just summed up my life for the past 2 months, so I feel for you honey!!
Reply 9
If he wants you, he'll break up with his girlfriend. Until then, there is nothing you 'should do' except stop talking to him and move on. Clearly you will not work as friends. You might have been together for a long time and still be close, but that doesn't mean that you aren't the 'other woman' now.
He's using you and I don't think he even knows why because if she is as much of a bitch as you say she is then he's only with her because she must be a cracking shag

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending