The Student Room Group

Which of these feels worse?

which feels more lonely

a) being in late twenties and always been single/never had proper relationship and going to sleep alone

b) Just broke up from a relationship and going to sleep alone.
I'm not late twenties and haven't been in a meaningful relationship so I can't say, but it is depressing being 21 and wanting a relationship but having no one, so I'd go with a :P
Reply 2
B most definitely B, until you have had someone in your bed constantly you don't know how lonely it is to go to bed alone :frown:
Reply 3
"Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all"

So A. :h:
Reply 4
Definitely answer B!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
A.

No girl would leave me because I am too adorable though, so I could never end up in B unless I choose to willingly.
B. When you're in A category you don't know what you're missing out on.
The two are mutually exclusive so all people will do is guess.
Reply 8
B would definitely feel more lonely, but I'd also say it's undoubtedly the better option.

If you're at A, you don't really know how it feels. You're also used to being alone and it's hard to miss something you've never really experienced. You may crave companionship but as you've never had it, you never truly know what you're missing out on. You don't really get as strong a heartbreak as having had someone with you before and knowing you'll never have that same person there again.

But if you're at B, there's something concrete that you miss, a certain person, a certain touch or feel. You've had it before and now it's gone - it hurts so much more.

So why is B still the better option? Well, in the end, whether a relationship ends in heartbreak or not, it all makes you grow so much as a person. I've definitely become a better more experienced person afterwards. It counts as quite valuable life experience. It might get you down afterwards but after you get over it all, you'll be all the stronger a person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending