The Student Room Group

The 'WOOHOO, I got into medical school' 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Got my Birmingham offer pack - feels crazy that in September, I'll be a medical student!
Original post by AtomicMan
Got my Birmingham offer pack - feels crazy that in September, I'll be a medical student!

It's so exciting! I have a friend who's a med student at Birmingham and she absolutely loves it:smile:
Congratulations to everyone who got an offer and good luck to those who are waiting! Im reading this and hoping that this will be me next year! :biggrin:
Original post by blueeyedgirl
It's so exciting! I have a friend who's a med student at Birmingham and she absolutely loves it:smile:

I know :biggrin: I wish I could just fall asleep and wake up at freshers week, just bypass exams and the loooong summer
I know :biggrin: I wish I could just fall asleep and wake up at freshers week, just bypass exams and the loooong summer

Definitely want to bypass exams, not summer though! Making the most of this holiday before all my friends go off to uni!
Original post by blueeyedgirl
Definitely want to bypass exams, not summer though! Making the most of this holiday before all my friends go off to uni!

Agreed, definitely wouldnt want to skip over summer! proms, my 18th, holidays, shopping for uni and chilling with friends before we all leave, can't wait :')
Reply 86
Original post by nivvy21
Congratulations to everyone who got an offer and good luck to those who are waiting! Im reading this and hoping that this will be me next year! :biggrin:

Same here! I'm just stalking this thread and fantasising :colone: Congratulations all :biggrin:
Original post by TaraBelle
Agreed, definitely wouldnt want to skip over summer! proms, my 18th, holidays, shopping for uni and chilling with friends before we all leave, can't wait :')

Saaame, I've made a ridiculous amount of plans, don't know how I'm going to afford anything :redface:
Original post by FeelingofSuccess
Yipee! I can join too now :biggrin:

Has everyone decided where they're going?

I firmed St Andrews over Dundee (:

As for what we're looking forward to..

Most:
- Moving out and being independent.
- Learning stuff again o: I'm on a gap year and have felt a bit useless.
- Meeting new people.
- Dissection (:<
- Having the chance to join societies etc.

Least:
- Being so far from my boyfriend. By the time I start he'll be a second year at Warwick. At the moment it's fine as Warwick's just over an hour away by car.. but from St Andrews? That said, he's already put a load of money aside so he'll be able to afford the train / plane so it should be ok..
- Money. It looks like my student loan won't cover my accommodation costs by about £1200 -.-
Reply 89
Original post by Natalie21
Offers from KCL and Cambridge :biggrin:. Soo excited to start medical school in October!!! Just need to get the grades now :/

Hey if you dont mind me asking what were your gcse,AS,A2 grades and ukcat/bmat scores? :smile:
Original post by kinglynx
Hey if you dont mind me asking what were your gcse,AS,A2 grades and ukcat/bmat scores? :smile:

Hey :smile:. I ended up with offers from UCL, Kings and Cambridge.
GCSEs: 9A* 3A
ASs: 7As ( 2 taken in year 11)
A2s: 1 A ( taken in year 12). Predicted 4A*.
UKCAT: 850, 890, 800, 770 average of 827.5
BMAT: 6.5, 4.3, 3.5A

Let me know if you have any questions about applying :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're a bit of a beast.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
You're a bit of a beast.

Or not :3. My BMAT score is terrible :P.
Or not :3. My BMAT score is terrible :P.

Still good enough for cambridge to give you an offer though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still good enough for cambridge to give you an offer though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha true, not sure how to be honest! They did tell me at my interview my 4.3 was rather disappointing :P.
Hahaha true, not sure how to be honest! They did tell me at my interview my 4.3 was rather disappointing :P.

Really? We had a beast of a section 2 in all fairness - they should have had a try :P
Reply 96
Really? We had a beast of a section 2 in all fairness - they should have had a try :P

So true! My section 2 score is complete evidence of this :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh only 770 in D.A in the UKCAT? Ouch! Only joking That's an insane score I'm scared even thinking about a score that high :eek:
(edited 11 years ago)

Yeah - I was like oh okay I guess that's the end of my application to this uni then :P.

It was a pretty horrific section 2! I hated every second of it!
Original post by Castiel'

Ooh only 770 in D.A in the UKCAT? Ouch! Only joking That's an insane score I'm scared even thinking about a score that high :eek:

That's exactly what the examination officier said when he gave me my results! He was like "hmm fairly good pass.. I suppose you can't be perfect at every section..." I was just like shut up, I'm ecstatic with that score!

DA was actually my best subject in all my mocks - but by the end of the exam I was getting more tired, and I was getting rather annoyed with the building work going on outside the window!!
Reply 99
That's exactly what the examination officier said when he gave me my results! He was like "hmm fairly good pass.. I suppose you can't be perfect at every section..." I was just like shut up, I'm ecstatic with that score!

DA was actually my best subject in all my mocks - but by the end of the exam I was getting more tired, and I was getting rather annoyed with the building work going on outside the window!!

Haha what a joker! I know what you mean, but it happened the other way round for me, VR was my best and it turned out to be one of my bad ones :colondollar:Did you complete all the Situational judgement questions at the end? I was so impatient to get my UKCAT score that I answered a few then just skipped then and ran out! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending