The Student Room Group

The 'WOOHOO, I got into medical school' 2013 Thread

So, as some people have already secured a place at medical school for entry in 2013, I thought it would be nice for us to share our joy and excitement :biggrin:

So, if you have an offer, where and what type of offer? How do you feel, after all that hard work, stress and panic?

Oh, and congratulations! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Crikey congrats to all those with offers so far, lets hope all of us will be posting in this thread in the coming months!!
Reply 2
Original post by Maryam A
So, as some people have already secured a place at medical school for entry in 2013, I thought it would be nice for us to share our joy and excitement :biggrin:

So, if you have an offer, where and what type of offer? How do you feel, after all that hard work, stress and panic?

Oh, and congratulations! :biggrin:

If u don't mind me askin, where do u hav offers from??
x

2 interviews so far.

I shall edit this post when/if I get an offer!

And congratz on ur offer!

Edit - Na all rejections, until next year and congrats to all who got in!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by IdeasForLife
2 interviews so far.

I shall edit this post when/if I get an offer!

And congratz on ur offer!

Thanks! I have an unconditional from Dundee, still to hear from Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow :smile:
Where were the interviews/where have you applied?

Good luck to you all. Hope you hear soon :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Thanks! I have an unconditional from Dundee, still to hear from Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow :smile:
Where were the interviews/where have you applied?

Good luck to you all. Hope you hear soon :smile:

Interviews at Newcastle, Durham - Gateway to Medicine.

Haven't heard from the other three.

^ I was able to apply to five because Durham Gateway isn't classed as a Med course on UCAS even tho its just foundation year then the 5 year normal course.
I'll join (; Unconditional from Dundee, been interviewed at St Andrews and have interviews at Leicester and Newcastle.
Life is so much easier as a reapplicant!
Reply 7
Unconditional from HYMS
Reply 8
Well done for the offers! How does everyone feel? :smile:
For like the first 15 minutes, I was jumping up and down in joy, but now it still hasn't hit me that I got in.

It doesn't seem to have sunk in yet, I feel I should be happier somewhat! Were you expecting it this early? I definitely wasn't, as I was expecting replies around february, so it came as a surprise (as a result of me checking track every 5 seconds :tongue:)
Total surprise, more so because I thought Dundee only started giving out offers once everyone had been interviewed :B

Other than that? Pure excitement which hits me every so often.
Reply 10
I have an unconditional from Sheffield :smile: fair to say I was over the moon
Got an offer from Plymouth, had an interview from SGUL and I have an interview for UEA.
Really wasn't expecting it so just so happy :biggrin:

Congrats to everyone who has offers and good luck to those still waiting :smile:
I have interviews from Newcastle, Nottingham and Leicester...should have already had my Leicester interview but I had a broken arm so they made me reschedule...could have known by now!
Hope one day I'll have the opportunity to join you... sincere congratulations to all of you part of the 35-40% applicants that will get in this year:smile:
So jealous, I'd do anything for an offer :/
Original post by Hippokrates
So jealous, I'd do anything for an offer :/

I shouldn't think you'd have anything to worry about tbh, it'll happen, but I know the waiting is horrible.
Reply 16
Massive well done to the people that have got their offers so far, and good luck for those that are still waiting :biggrin:! All the best!
Reply 17
Well done guys! :smile:
If you don't have any offers don't panic yet, I didn't get one til Feb and got 3 more within a week of each other at the end of March.
I have a conditional offer from Cardiff :biggrin: I was so excited when I read the email, I practically bounced across the 6th form common room :P
Reply 19
So, I take it we have to wait until we hear back from all our unis before we start replying?

Has anyone received an offer from their first choice? If so, then I guess you're not really fussed about the other decisions as much :tongue:

Are most of you expecting more offers, shocked at getting an offer and now recovered from the mental breakdown (like me :tongue:) or do you think you may get more offers but not sure?

Also, is anyone here throwing parties/got presents, etc? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending