The Student Room Group

my ex keeps using me!!

me and my ex broke up a year ago and have met up twice since.

Both times I can see he is still in love with me, it is quite clear. He says hes happy just being friends but then tries to make out with me and touch me.
Both times I gave in and we kissed.

He has a new girlfriend and he's told me because she has slept with more people than him he needs to even up the scores...(also when me and him were going out he cheated on me several times because I had kissed more people than him when we had gotten together). Yeh, I know.

Oh and I dont feel bad doing this to his girlfriend because she actually knowingly cheated with him several times when he was with me.

The thing is, I was over the break up very soon, and because we stopped talking for months I was enjoying my life. Then we meet up and the feelings come flooding back, and then he immediately stops talking to me again e.g. ignoring my texts.

I really feel like hes messing with my head, and the stupid thing is I dont even know why i like him- he has no morals- cheated on me, cheats on his new girlfriend, takes hard drugs, pathological liar and violent towards people. But when we are together its as if a part of me is no longer empty. We literally can talk for hours about nothing and just get on.

How can I stop him using me- i.e. being my friend when it suits him and ditching me whenever.

He also goes on to me about how hes dumping his girlfriend when he next sees her and then when I ask him about it he tells me he hasnt dumped her...
Reply 1
Refuse to see him...
Reply 2
Yeah refuse to see him.

He sounds dreadful and horribly insecure. Nothing good can possibly come from seeing him, and it may hurt but you just HAVE to stop. Don't sink to her level either just because she let him cheat on you with her.

Cliche but find a new hobby, job, whatever to distract yourself from having feelings for him, you can do way better...
Stop seeing him!
You're only devaluing yourself. You can do better than that
Reply 4
Original post by elixira
Yeah refuse to see him.

He sounds dreadful and horribly insecure. Nothing good can possibly come from seeing him, and it may hurt but you just HAVE to stop. Don't sink to her level either just because she let him cheat on you with her.

Cliche but find a new hobby, job, whatever to distract yourself from having feelings for him, you can do way better...

I know i have to stop i just find it difficult. when we are apart im fine, barely think about him at all! then he will ask to emet and he is all i can think about- its weird :s-smilie:
You say in your OP he's in love with you, are you in love with him?
Reply 6
Original post by joker12345
You say in your OP he's in love with you, are you in love with him?

Honestly: I dont know.

Im not attracted to him physically or his morals- but there is a pull i have towards him when weve seen each other.

Ive been getting on all year absolutely fine, barely thinking about him at all, then we meet up and it seems i fall again...
Reply 7
Stop seeing him,then he can't use you
Change your thread title to "I keep letting my ex use me" - there you go. Spot the problem.
Original post by Anonymous
Honestly: I dont know.

Im not attracted to him physically or his morals- but there is a pull i have towards him when weve seen each other.

Ive been getting on all year absolutely fine, barely thinking about him at all, then we meet up and it seems i fall again...

As everyone is telling you, stop seeing him.
Reply 10
lol but you are letting him?
Reply 11
But you allow him to use you ! this is as much his fault for being a cheating scumbag, as it is yours for letting him use you. He may have cheated on you with this girl, but that shows both of their characters. Their relationship wont last. But your dignity is something you have to live with.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending