The Student Room Group

Calling all those who have done a *SHL* numerical reasoning test before!

Quick question (don't worry, i'm not going to ask for help with the practice q's):

a) What type of problems usually come up in the SHL test?

I ask because when I look at the current practice test, it seems to significantly differ from the one I did a couple years ago. I looked up old posts on here which seemed to confirm this: there were more short questions, on stuff like ratios etc... now it seems to be long-winded questions and graph questions etc.

Does the current practice test correspond to the actual test, in your experience?

b) Where can I find more tests that are similar to the SHL one?

The 'official' SHL test seems to be quite different from all the free ones online, and I'm wary for paying for anymore if this is the case. I looked at some of the ones from assessmentday.co.uk and they seem to be quite distinct from the SHL questions. Is there a better place to find some, and are they work paying up for?

Sorry for all the Q's. And please don't say 'you can't practice', because I know from last year when I did all these tests that it's def not the case?

Thanks
I reckon it depends on what role you are applying for, because they have different numerical tests depending on position and role - have a look at their website. What position is it that you are going for? Also try a site called jobtestprep they have a few different kinds of tests - is that the kind of thing you are looking for. I agree that you can practice, but the thing I found most important was being really relaxed on the day...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending