The Student Room Group

New York woman pushed man to death in hate crime

Scroll to see replies

Terrible person this is, and should never be allowed to leave prison.

However, lets not say this doesn't happen in muslim countries.
Muslims AND Hindus?

.. Phew, I sure am glad that woman did her research before going around targeting people.
That's just evil :frown: She should never be set free.
Original post by Robbie242
What a load of ****, I wish people would stop blaming the whole Muslim population for 9/11 there either one way 9/11 happened.
1. Al Qaeda used planes (has to be with explosives) to cause the towers to fall
2. The government did it and now muslims get all the ****

I believe number 2, take your pick but honestly this is pathetic I absolutely shame upon the lies and hypocrisy ensued by 9/11.

Can I ask why I got negged? I said take your pick, you don't have to believe everything I say.

You got negged because people don't like conspiracy theorists.
Reply 24
Original post by Dragonfly07
You got negged because people don't like conspiracy theorists.
Fair do's. I wish I could express my opinion without being put down every-time though. The mainstream media even mocks people who challenge the commission report...
Reply 25
How has this turned into a discussion about conspiracy theories and 9/11?

Instead we should be talking about possible methods of ridding the human population of the utter stupidity and hatred shown in this murder case.
Reply 26
I am sorry for someone sparking of a 9/11 debate... It's just what I do sometimes, back to the main discussion as I've diverted the conversation too far.
Reply 27
Are you going to tell me that falling debris caused tower 7 to implode on itself at 5pm that evening. Larry Silverstein even admitted in an interview. ''So I said pull it''

http://www.911myths.com/html/wtc7_damage.html

Oh, wait. My conspiracy videos didn't tell me that.

There's a hole 20 stories high in the side of the building. Now I'm no engineer, and neither are you. I don't know if the building was damaged enough, but it obviously did fall. Its plausible that it did collapse under debris/fires/massiveholeinthesideofthebuilding.

Get back on topic. Crazy people do crazy stuff. May these people RIP.
Reply 28
Original post by Algorithm69
There doesn't have to be a reason. The building is private property, and can be used in whatever legal manner the owner wants.

I understand why people protested, and I think it is incredibly insensitive to place a mosque (or 'Community Centre' or whatever they are calling it) in that general area. But there's no legal reason it shouldn't be built.

Why is it insensitive? Islam and the vast vast majority of Muslims worldwide condemn the 9/11 attacks, why on earth should the religion be blamed for the psychotic acts of radicalists? It's people like you who continue to propagate the ridiculous notion that somehow all Muslims should take responsibility for the acts of a few terrorists.
Reply 29
She was probably an avid Fox News viewer.

This is what Fox News does to mentally unstable people.
"Ms Menendez was seen talking to herself while seated on a bench at the subway station and was also seen pacing on the platform and muttering to herself." - BBC news

This is clearly a mentally unstable, and likely uneducated or unintelligent woman - the former because of the quote and her subsequent actions, and the latter because she blamed muslims and hindus (!) for 9/11. It's also not impossible that she knew somebody killed in the twin towers, though that's just conjecture.

It's a terrible story, but I don't think it's a matter of general American attitudes, I think it's one psychotic woman who needs serious help, and removal from mainstream society.
Reply 31
Original post by jco19
She was probably an avid Fox News viewer.

This is what Fox News does to mentally unstable people.
Now that's a thing I agree on! Fox news is literally the worst station for balanced news ever.
Simply digusting.
Reply 33
You can't understand why plonking a mosque a couple of blocks away from the site of the worst case of Islamic terrorism ever committed (well, in modern times) might be viewed as insensitive?

Nowhere did I say all Muslims supported the terrorists. Nowhere did I say all Muslims must share the blame for the actions of the terrorists. Stop putting words in my mouth.

In your opinion would I be insensitive if I plonked a Marxist School or building next to the scene of the Katyn Massacre? After all not all Marxists are Stalinists.
The people against it are just dumb or small minded. now if we are taking yours and many others view on 9/11 then Only A SMALL MINORITY took part in the attacks. Building a mosque would show that to Muslims, Americans could be nice to them and respect their religion, whilst remembering that it was a SMALL minority terrorist group that did it.

It's 2012, it's being 11 years I'm sure the American Citizens can put up with new cultures, near once horrific events.
People need to move on realise the bigger picture, otherwise we'll be held back by one-sided opinions for the rest of these years.
Reply 34
Original post by mr hyde
Why is it insensitive? Islam and the vast vast majority of Muslims worldwide condemn the 9/11 attacks, why on earth should the religion be blamed for the psychotic acts of radicalists? It's people like you who continue to propagate the ridiculous notion that somehow all Muslims should take responsibility for the acts of a few terrorists.

It's a sensitivity thing. It may not have been all Muslims that agreed with or perpetrated the acts, but it was some Muslims and that makes some people uncomfortable with having suge a large Islamic orientated structure near the site. Think if Irish Republicans wanted a memorial or meeting centre in Omagh, or if a Hindu Temple popped up on the site of one of the Sikh massacres of 1984.

Now that's a thing I agree on! Fox news is literally the worst station for balanced news ever.

Ever seen Press TV?
Reply 35
Original post by Steevee
It's a sensitivity thing. It may not have been all Muslims that agreed with or perpetrated the acts, but it was some Muslims and that makes some people uncomfortable with having suge a large Islamic orientated structure near the site. Think if Irish Republicans wanted a memorial or meeting centre in Omagh, or if a Hindu Temple popped up on the site of one of the Sikh massacres of 1984.

Ever seen Press TV?

Nope sounds way lesson common than fox news?
Reply 36
What a cow.
Reply 37
You can't understand why plonking a mosque a couple of blocks away from the site of the worst case of Islamic terrorism ever committed (well, in modern times) might be viewed as insensitive?

Nowhere did I say all Muslims supported the terrorists. Nowhere did I say all Muslims must share the blame for the actions of the terrorists. Stop putting words in my mouth.

In your opinion would I be insensitive if I plonked a Marxist School or building next to the scene of the Katyn Massacre? After all not all Marxists are Stalinists.

I would agree with you, except for the fact that Islam condemned the attacks. The attacks weren't Islamic terrorism (which implies that they were encouraged by the religion), the terrorists weren't jihadists (not by the Islamic definition anyway): they were acts of murder committed in the name of a religion who did not support them. People don't realise that Islam also became a victim of the attacks as soon as people started referring to it as 'Islamic terrorism' and the men as 'jihadists'.

I don't know enough about Marxism and the extent to which it supports Stalinism to properly reply to your analogy. But, hypothetically, if I were to kill your neighbour in your name, would it be insensitive for you to continue to live next to his family? Of course not, since you are a victim of the crime (via the hurt to your reputation) as well.
I blame the man for being in a white and Christian country.
I hate that people are so ignorant that this kinda stuff happens!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending