The Student Room Group

WJEC biology BY4 11/01/2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
What do people think might be the essay question??
Original post by stevo95
Haha yeah hopefully it won't be too bad!! Photoperiodism is another topic I HATE HATE HATE there was an awful question on it in the June 12 paper! What grades did you get in BY1, 2 and 3? And what do you want in this one??

Arggh I know, it's just such an annoying little topic! :frown:
A's in all three, with full UMS on BY1 and just a couple off full UMS in BY2 so I'm hoping for an A* if at all possible! What about you? :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by hopefulmedic28
Arggh I know, it's just such an annoying little topic! :frown:
A's in all three, with full UMS on BY1 and just a couple off full UMS in BY2 so I'm hoping for an A* if at all possible! What about you? :smile:

Woah well done! I got 3As but not full ums haha! I think in in 251 ums out of 300 atm.... And I'm aiming for an A
Reply 63
Original post by MrBean1994
What do people think might be the essay question??

Have a feeling one of them may be fermenters..
Reply 64
Original post by popnit
Have a feeling one of them may be fermenters..

YES PlEASE!
Reply 65
YES PlEASE!

Easy 10 marks :biggrin:
Reply 66
Quick check - am I right in thinking that all Na, Cl, glucose and amino acids are reabsorbed by active transport?
Quick check - am I right in thinking that all Na, Cl, glucose and amino acids are reabsorbed by active transport?

salts are but glucose and amino acids are not!... however according to the syllabus they are :s
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by IShouldBeRevising_
salts are but glucose and amino acids are not!... however according to the syllabus they are :s

For our syllabus of BY4...
Salts are transported by Active Transport.
Amino Acids and Glucose are transported by Active transport and Facilitated Diffusion.
Water by Osmosis.
Does anybody know of a way to work out serial dilutions easily and with no problems?
I can usually do it but it's when they start mixing 1cm3 plus 0.5cm3 and stuff.
Original post by stevo95
Woah well done! I got 3As but not full ums haha! I think in in 251 ums out of 300 atm.... And I'm aiming for an A

Nice one! :smile:
Reply 71
Do people think photoperiodism will come up??
Reply 72

There was a whole question on it in the summer, my teacher seems to think there will be one of those fill in the gaps questions on it.

Hopefully we'll get decent essay questions as well, the June 2012 ones were awful

I jolly well hope not! :s-smilie:
Reply 74
Guys I have a feeling carbon cycle may come up as a big question...probably not a 10 marker though
Reply 75
Original post by popnit
Guys I have a feeling carbon cycle may come up as a big question...probably not a 10 marker though

I can't see it being a 10 marker tbh, maybe 3 or 4 but there's not enough on it to really be tested on
Reply 76
Original post by Picksel8
I can't see it being a 10 marker tbh, maybe 3 or 4 but there's not enough on it to really be tested on

Yeah that's what I said, it won't be a 10 marker lol. It just hasn't come up so there's a high chance.

Is everyone getting inhibitory and excitory drugs?
Hi can someone just tell me what are the grade boundaries like for by4 papers, lwhat do i have to get around for a c or b?
Original post by ARSSK_SaLmAnKhAn
Hi can someone just tell me what are the grade boundaries like for by4 papers, lwhat do i have to get around for a c or b?

https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/default.aspx?l=en

B is normally around 50.

I'm almost looking forward to this exam. By4 has been my favourite unit so far.
Reply 79
Original post by Llewellyn
https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/default.aspx?l=en

B is normally around 50.

I'm almost looking forward to this exam. By4 has been my favourite unit so far.

I am looking forward to this one, it's my favourite module so much biochemistry :love:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending