The Student Room Group

Foundation Chemical Engineering course question!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Chemical engineering doesn't even vary that much between Universities. So much stuff is required for accreditation there's not much flexibility.
Reply 21
Original post by mucgoo
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/h813/modules/
Really. The only non predominately mathematical module in the first year is the single chemistry module.
A ChemEng degree is going to be at least two third applied maths.

What?, no I disagree I think that link shows many modules without maths , if you click on the modules it shows a breakdown on what is in then
Reply 22
Original post by Sam1357
What?, no I disagree I think that link shows many modules without maths , if you click on the modules it shows a breakdown on what is in then

Your in for a huge surprise if you go in to the degree thinking its less than a half maths, let alone just 20%.
Original post by mucgoo
Your in for a huge surprise if you go in to the degree thinking its less than a half maths, let alone just 20%.

Agreed. Maths is the backbone of engineering
Reply 24
Original post by iamnotarobot1993
Agreed. Maths is the backbone of engineering
alright whatever . I can do calculus and stuff anyway just dropped it because of mechanics
Hi just read your thread. I'm sticking chemistry,biology and geography at a level and would like to do chem eng. degree but stupidly didn't keep on maths. Interested on your opinion of foundation courses. What did you decide in the end.
Reply 26
Original post by Adam black
Hi just read your thread. I'm sticking chemistry,biology and geography at a level and would like to do chem eng. degree but stupidly didn't keep on maths. Interested on your opinion of foundation courses. What did you decide in the end.

Why not biochem?
I've only stumbled upon this foundation course and would really really like to study it, however I'm currently retaking my A levels in a gap year, does anyone have any experience of getting through in clearing?
Reply 28
Original post by baffledchick
I've only stumbled upon this foundation course and would really really like to study it, however I'm currently retaking my A levels in a gap year, does anyone have any experience of getting through in clearing?

If you want to go through clearing then i would suggest contacting the universities you want to go to and find out from them how you should prepare...also tell them your grades!
Does anyone know about the availability of Chem Eng Foundation Year?

I have predictions of A (Politics) B (Biology) and C (Chemistry), I sat AS level maths but didn't really work for it or revise so I have an E in Maths AS, would I still be able to apply to the Foundation Year or would they just not consider me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending