The Student Room Group

My GF refers to me as a 'dweeb' - how should I take this

As the title states, my GF calls me a Dweeb.

Having read definitions of it on the lieks of Urban Dictionary, I am not sure how I feel about been referred to using this term.

How would you perceive a 'dweeb', how would you see a dweeb, is it considered of a compliment or an insult?

Scroll to see replies

Call her a slag?
Reply 2
Erm, that wouldn't go down well!
Everyone knows girls tease the boys they like...gosh, it's like, a playground rule :rolleyes:
Reply 4
You think she is just teasing?
Original post by Anonymous

Having read definitions of it on the lieks of Urban Dictionary, I am not sure how I feel about been referred to using this term.

How would you perceive a 'dweeb', how would you see a dweeb, is it considered of a compliment or an insult?

1) Of course its an insult.
2) She isn't American so tell her to stop saying "dweeb".
Reply 6
In what context? She was probably just joking.

Or instead of asking a bunch of people who don't know either of you on the internet you could, oh I don't know, ask her.
(edited 11 years ago)
You think she is just teasing?

Yeah, some people are just like that, I make fun of my friends all the time, unless she does it when she's angry at you?
Reply 8
Well, I am the kind of person you might find a little unusual, put this way, she has told me before not to act weird if front of her extended family!

I dunno, I just generally not sure how to respond it, if she is only teasing fair enough. I am however can nervous its a reflection of how she sees, and like I say, I just not quite sure how to take it.

She doesn't do it when angry though.
Original post by Philbert
In what context? She was probably just joking.

Or instead of asking a bunch of people who don't know either of you on the internet you could, oh I don't know, ask her.

Exactly, such a useless thread. And hell, the OP doesn't even need to ask her. He should be able to tell if she's teasing him or not by her facial expressions and body language. i.e. playfully punching someone on the arm and calling them a dweeb is much more different than her glaring at him and saying "get out of my sight you DWEEEEEEEB!"
Reply 10
She uses the terms in texts...
Grow a pair, you dweeb..

It sounds like you should take it bent over with your legs spread 'cause you're hardly the man of this relationship if you can't handle some light-hearted teasing.
smash dat cervix in, then ask her who's the dweeb
Sounds like she's the dominant one in the relationship OP.
Reply 14

teach her a lesson in the bedroom :sexface:
Reply 15
Original post by The Assassin
Sounds like she's the dominant one in the relationship OP.

Yes, tbh, I must confess, you are probably right there, certainly, she is to an extent...

Generally, I think I am getting a general message here...
It sounds like she prob means it affectionately,like nerd or geek.
Reply 17
I guess I am overly sensitive...
Sounds like something that one of those popular airhead girls would say in one of those American teen movies: "oh mah gawd you're like, such a dweeb!"

I didn't know people used that word much in the UK o_0
Call her a dweeb back?

I think you're probably overreacting and I doubt she's trying to insult you.

Quick Reply

Latest