The Student Room Group

Aqa buss1 2013 jan 9th

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Part A is a joke my problem is usually the last question does anyone have any tips for it?
Original post by QwertyG
Part A is a joke my problem is usually the last question does anyone have any tips for it?

Part a is too easy. Have you had a look at the mark scheme on one of the papers, it shows you where you get the marks from, 2 marks for a definition, then application is good when you bring in relevant things from the case study etc. What textbook you got, the ina macrouse one has exam practice?
Reply 42
Original post by jack0213123
Part a is too easy. Have you had a look at the mark scheme on one of the papers, it shows you where you get the marks from, 2 marks for a definition, then application is good when you bring in relevant things from the case study etc. What textbook you got, the ina macrouse one has exam practice?

Im not using the textbook for this exam, im using the CGP revision guide.
Original post by QwertyG
Im not using the textbook for this exam, im using the CGP revision guide.

Does that have any guidance and have you checked a mark schemme?
Reply 44
Does that have any guidance and have you checked a mark schemme?

guidance for what?
Original post by QwertyG
guidance for what?

For the exams
Reply 46
I don't know, where did you make your notes from?

well you see my teacher has given us a lot of handouts so i use them mostly, but i use many different online resources, and obviously past papers, also worked examples.
Original post by zalukia
well you see my teacher has given us a lot of handouts so i use them mostly, but i use many different online resources, and obviously past papers, also worked examples.

Are you just reading or making notes, i cba making notes haha
Reply 48
How is everyone structuring their answers in the high mark questions in Q2?
We got told to make a point, back it up from case study and then expand on it, although i dont see how you really refer to the case study :s i keep losing marks on Q2 :frown:
Original post by firsedge96
We got told to make a point, back it up from case study and then expand on it, although i dont see how you really refer to the case study :s i keep losing marks on Q2 :frown:

The point you have to make has to be specific to the business in question. Instead of very generic answers that you could give for any business, the point has to be for the particular one.

If you struggle to do this, another way of achieving good application is by using figures from the case study and using these to back up your points - e.g. this would increase the break even point which ..........

Hope this helps
i have a business exam on the 9th aswell but its edexcel :frown:
Original post by james2557
How is everyone structuring their answers in the high mark questions in Q2?

Original post by firsedge96

Original post by NightStrider
The point you have to make has to be specific to the business in question. Instead of very generic answers that you could give for any business, the point has to be for the particular one.

If you struggle to do this, another way of achieving good application is by using figures from the case study and using these to back up your points - e.g. this would increase the break even point which ..........

Hope this helps

Original post by aaliyah<31D
i have a business exam on the 9th aswell but its edexcel :frown:

What textbook are you using? Has anyone got the Ian marcouse textbook? that has a good ending on exam practice
What textbook are you using? Has anyone got the Ian marcouse textbook? that has a good ending on exam practice

I'm doing A2 this year.
Reply 54
The Ian Macourse book doesn't have anything in about added value does it?

Hey nope it doesn't why whats up? :smile:
Reply 55

i have the Marcouse text book and yeah it does have some good stuff on exam practice
Reply 56
Hows the past papers going so far guys? has anyone got the may 2012 paper?? if anyone does please post it on here... is it just me or do you feel you haven't done enough revision? :L
Original post by MehvishM
Hey nope it doesn't why whats up? :smile:

Well how come that is in the syllabus, I am worried because I don't know what it is and its not in the textbook which makes me lose faith in it somewhat even though it seems really good
Reply 58
don't lose faith or get worried its not a big part/section and yeah that's weird but we did it in school so i have notes already..
if you want i can type them up on here if you want... just let me know :smile:
Original post by MehvishM
don't lose faith or get worried its not a big part/section and yeah that's weird but we did it in school so i have notes already..
if you want i can type them up on here if you want... just let me know :smile:

Yeah that would be great if your not rushed for time, do you know if there are anything else the book leaves out? It is a good book, have you done much revision on it? I got a few more chapter left.

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest