The Student Room Group

Revision

Yes, it's the same old topic. So I do 5 subjects at A2 level, Maths, Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. However, since I'm quite lucky in the fact that I'm quite good at all these subjects, I never really bothered to revise last year. The result of this is pretty obvious, I didn't do as well as I should.

So this time I'm determined to revise, I know I'm probably started a lot later than most people here, but better late than never, yeah? My question though, is how to revise? For Maths and Further Maths I simply intend to go over the method of doing questions and then do past papers, 1 per day (at home, I'll do more in class) started a week before the exam.

For Biology and Chemistry, I was planning on making some A4 posters detailing all the information required for each booklet, then practicing some "How Science Works" questions for Biology and again, exam papers.

For Physics I thought I'd try to use flash cards as there are quite a few definitions, and add in the going over everything and doing the past papers.

Does this sound like a legitimate way to revise? I know this probably makes me sound like an idiot, but I've honestly never done it before and I'd rather sound stupid on here and do well then sound clever and do badly.

Tl;dr: How do you revise for exams?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Ideally you might want to start past papers a bit sooner, so you can go over any problems that arise and (in the case of maths, for example) move onto papers like the Solomon ones to make sure you can cope with the harder and more off-the-wall questions. You want to be familiar with the type of questions asked so you don't waste time in the exam figuring out what you have to do.
Original post by tomtjl
Yes, it's the same old topic. So I do 5 subjects at A2 level, Maths, Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. However, since I'm quite lucky in the fact that I'm quite good at all these subjects, I never really bothered to revise last year. The result of this is pretty obvious, I didn't do as well as I should.

So this time I'm determined to revise, I know I'm probably started a lot later than most people here, but better late than never, yeah?

My question though, is how to revise? For Maths and Further Maths I simply intend to go over the method of doing questions and then do past papers, 1 per day (at home, I'll do more in class) started a week before the exam.

For Biology and Chemistry, I was planning on making some A4 posters detailing all the information required for each booklet, then practicing some "How Science Works" questions for Biology and again, exam papers.

For Physics I thought I'd try to use flash cards as there are quite a few definitions, and add in the going over everything and doing the past papers.

Does this sound like a legitimate way to revise? I know this probably makes me sound like an idiot, but I've honestly never done it before and I'd rather sound stupid on here and do well then sound clever and do badly.

Tl;dr: How do you revise for exams?

Thanks!

I thought A levels were easy
Reply 3
Original post by APersonYo
I thought A levels were easy

They are, didn't revise and still got good grades m8.
Original post by tomtjl
They are, didn't revise and still got good grades m8.

What a waste of a good revision plan :/

Quick Reply

Latest