The Student Room Group

Guys Underwear: are briefs now acceptable to wear?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Seem to be really popullar these days tho I've got a feww mates who swear by briefs and u hardly see any guys wearing loose boxers aanymore
I don't personally like the look of briefs on guys,I prefer boxer briefs or hipsters(like the picture earlier in the thread).However if briefs are more comfortable then just wear them.
Reply 22
Original post by surrey_guy
Seem to be really popullar these days tho I've got a feww mates who swear by briefs and u hardly see any guys wearing loose boxers aanymore

:lolwut: Loose boxers as in these?

I've only ever worn them once in my life, and they feel so wrong if you're (hopefully!) wearing something over them... :frown: Never again.
Reply 23
It's ****ing underwear, does it really matter?
Reply 24
Original post by ameritus

I've only ever worn them once in my life, and they feel so wrong if you're (hopefully!) wearing something over them... :frown: Never again.

If you don't wear those, what do you wear? Would you rather wear briefs/y fronts than them?
Boxer briefs make my gooch sweaty. I need some airspace down there!

Though I do enjoy the feeling they give of having my balls hugged :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 26
If you don't wear those, what do you wear? Would you rather wear briefs/y fronts than them?

I'd definitely wear briefs instead, as they stop it all...swinging so much, but usually it's just plain boxers like these:

(Sorry couldn't find a smaller image...)

They just give more support and it doesn't feel like you've got a bag on beneath your trousers.
I have read that briefs are coming back into fashion, and are starting to become more popular than baggy boxers, especialy trendy ones such as American Apparel:

http://store.americanapparel.net/product/?productId=4415

I was talking to my mates the other day and some of them admitted they had started wearing them again and that they preferred them to boxers and that their gfs liked them.

Guys, have you noticed briefs becoming more popular? Have any of you made the switch from boxers to briefs, and if not, would you ever consider doing so?

Girls, what would you think if your bf switched to briefs?

Couldn't care less, the good stuff underneath won't change :sexface: Admittedly, I find boxers more appealing though.
Reply 28
Original post by ameritus

Yeah, I tried them once and hated them. They feel awkward, and because of their bagginess things just fall down the side :colondollar:it's one of the rare occasions where I wish my package was small/average.
Hipsters are much better - I prefer tight boxer-briefs to baggy boxers. I just feel a lot more comfortable when my underwear is tight.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 29
The briefs you linked don't look very stylish or flattering but I do think briefs are acceptable to wear. And even though I wear mostly boxer-briefs (tighter fitting and more shorter than regular boxers), I think briefs definitely offer more support.

Reply 30
Original post by Luxray
The briefs you linked don't look very stylish or flattering but I do think briefs are acceptable to wear. And even though I wear mostly boxer-briefs (tighter fitting and more shorter than regular boxers), I think briefs definitely offer more support.

Those look pretty cool. I'd definately wear them instead of boxers. I don't like boxer-briefs personally
Reply 31
Those look pretty cool. I'd definately wear them instead of boxers. I don't like boxer-briefs personally

yeah I have them, Debenhams sometimes have them on sale :smile:
Reply 32
Personally I wouldn't - I like trunks which are relatively tight but briefs just look too childish.
my god talk about unsexy!! reminds me of something MR BEAN would wear! think i would burst out laughing if a guy was wearing THOSE grandad pants!!!!!!

i prefer boxer brief things like this

http://www.calvin-klein-underwears.com/images/whitesmoke-black-Calvin-Klein-underwear-boxers-men365.jpg
http://www.ck365-underwear.com/images/ck%20underwear%2029.jpg
Reply 34
Boxer briefs are. Briefs these days are mostly for metrosexuals... and homosexuals. It really depends what you're doing, for active wear boxer briefs, pull out the designer boxers for formal stuff.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by Bellissima
my god talk about unsexy!! reminds me of something MR BEAN would wear! think i would burst out laughing if a guy was wearing THOSE grandad pants!!!!!!

i prefer boxer brief things like this

http://www.calvin-klein-underwears.com/images/whitesmoke-black-Calvin-Klein-underwear-boxers-men365.jpg
http://www.ck365-underwear.com/images/ck%20underwear%2029.jpg

I prefer boxerbriefs as do most guys but there are nice briefs you can get, the OP just chose some Mr Bean style ones.
There are nicer briefs out there:
CKU1703001BLK-F300.JPG
Reply 36
Original post by jnkesd
Boxer briefs are. Briefs these days are mostly for metrosexuals... and homosexuals. It really depends what you're doing, for active wear boxer briefs, pull out the designer boxers for formal stuff.

There was a time when Boxerbriefs were seen as 'metrosexual'...
Original post by Luxray
I prefer boxerbriefs as do most guys but there are nice briefs you can get, the OP just chose some Mr Bean style ones.
There are nicer briefs out there:
CKU1703001BLK-F300.JPG

nah sorry, if this dude with a nice bod (though freakishly white legs compared to his upper half) can't pull it off, no one can. they seem too... i don't know... immature OR the wrong kind of OLD.
Reply 38
I wear briefs. Switched back from boxer briefs after leaving school and worn briefs for the last few years.
As for what the girls think, they never had any complaint

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by Snags
I wear briefs. Switched back from boxer briefs after leaving school and worn briefs for the last few years.
As for what the girls think, they never had any complaint

Posted from TSR Mobile

What made you switch back Snags? What are the best kind to get - I'm thinking of switching back to

Quick Reply

Latest