The Student Room Group

TSR New Year Transformation Contest - Official Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Just a heads up: At the end of the week when all entries are in, I'll move all discussion to the other thread leaving just the entries in this one :smile:.

Just move my discussion now if you like :h: I completely forgot about the other thread :mmm:
Original post by Mess.
Just move my discussion now if you like :h: I completely forgot about the other thread :mmm:

It's all good for now don't worry! Just easier to see when it's clear of other stuff for the nosy people who just want to look at the photos!
Reply 22
hey guys,

I'd like to enter.
Looking for some more motivation other then going along by myself, i saw the summer thread a few months ago and was to late to apply, stroke up luck i browsed this forum the other day and another one is starting just in time!

My main goal is to lose weight, and hopefully i will gain a little muscle/improve fitness along the way. Im thinking of going back to my martial arts club again if im not working.

The program i will be following is primarily a free weights program x3 a week, mixed in with a little kettlebell tabata, with x1 cardio day.
I will be also focusing on what i eat as i had lost a stone then put 10pounds back on that last couple of months.

STATS
height 5'11
weight: 15.10 stone

i can;t remember my personal best and would differ as i took a long break. These reps are from my program so may differ from the usual 5x5.

Deadlift 12reps 70kg
squat 8reps 80kg
pull ups x3
bench press 12reps 60kg
Bent over row 10reps 60kg
Arnold press 10reps 18kg Dumbbell's

Front

Spoiler

Side

Spoiler

Back

Spoiler

Front- flexed

Spoiler

Back- flexed

Spoiler

Proof

Spoiler

please let me know if this proof photo is OK.

I wont be going to the gym, i'll be using free weights i have acquired at home, mixed with a kettlebell and cycling. Whats been putting me off at the moment is the rain and darkness, but this can be overcome.
Final note i guess i'll be aiming for around 1800cals a day, but to be honest as long as i eat clean i should see a difference.
If i have forgotten some info please let me know and i'll add it thanks.

Good luck to you all!
Reply 23
Stalked this competition since it started so finally going to have a go! New username though as I'd be mortified if someone I knew ever found this.. Hoping to generally lose weight, and just get fit again. Will be doing a mixture of cardio with some weights maybe once or twice a week. In particular used to enjoy going out for runs of 10 miles or so, and would like to be able to do that again. Would also like to be able to cycle a lot faster. Obviously there's a limit to what will happen in twelve weeks, but I've done next to nothing for around the past year so should hopefully be able to make some reasonably quick improvements in the running and cycling! And obviously will try to eat healthily as well. Starting at 5'6/7 and 78.5kg, and looking to get beneath 70kg.

Spoiler

IMAG0095.jpgIMAG0098.jpgIMAG0102.jpgIMAG0094.jpg
Height: 6'2
Current weight: 12st11lb
Target weight: 13st 2lb (put on lean mass and decrease bf %)
gonna be hitting some heavy compound full body workouts
**removed by request**
(edited 11 years ago)
Updated the thread :smile:

Come on guys and girls, sure there are lots more who want to enter :smile:
PHey, decided to go for it this year after seeing the summer compitition results :smile:

Edit - no idea why they are sideways, this phone doest make things easy :s-smilie:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by CarbonProduction
Hey, decided to go for it this year after seeing the summer compitition results :smile:
I'm 5'4 about 6 stone ish and aiming to put on more weight and muscle, improve flexibiliy and just get fitter overall.
Attachment not found
20130103_150849.jpg20130103_151148.jpg20130103_151159.jpg20130103_150719.jpgScreenshot_2013-01-03-15-23-22.jpg

Good luck, do you have some sort of routine for the weights side of your transformation?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by areebmazhar
Good luck, do you have some sort of routine for the weights side of your transformation?

Yeah i have a rough idea so far but it will probs change as i am still looking for different stuff to do :smile:
Original post by CarbonProduction
Yeah i have a rough idea so far but it will probs change as i am still looking for different stuff to do :smile:

Just remember to do lots of compound movements such as squats, deadlifts etc at high weight and low reps. Hope it goes well :smile:
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
x

Original post by commandant
Updated the thread :smile:

Come on guys and girls, sure there are lots more who want to enter :smile:

It might be useful for an announcement to be made in the forum like the summer one had :smile:
Original post by cpdavis
It might be useful for an announcement to be made in the forum like the summer one had :smile:

Hopefully it'll be up shortly, I'm in discussion with admin :smile:
Just remember to do lots of compound movements such as squats, deadlifts etc at high weight and low reps. Hope it goes well :smile:

Thanks, they are def on my list as well as overhead presses and lateral raises. Im new to lifting so still discovering excersises lol

Good luck to you too mate :smile:
Reply 34
Here we go! Might as well do this just to see how much I can change, never really take pictures...

Front

Spoiler

Side

Spoiler

Back

Spoiler

Front Bi's

Spoiler

Back Bi's

Spoiler

Proof

Spoiler

Fitness Log
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2032382&page=9&p=40447390#post40447390
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 35
Hi, I would like to join in too if that's ok!

I'm hoping to slim down as of Tuesday anyway so this has come just at the right time for me.

Currently weight 13 stone 4 pounds and am 5 foot 7 inches.. yikes.
BMI: 29

Pictures are of front, side and (the incredibly difficult to capture!) back. Oh, and good ol' Google with the date :smile:

I really want to get fitter because as you can see, i'm not slim for a start :P And mainly because I'm starting to think to myself, if I don't start now.. I never will!
I've got my gym membership sorted and i'm snooping around for healthy recipes as we speak.

Anyway, wish me luck and good luck to everyone else!
Ok here goes :smile:

Height: 5'10"
Weight: Will edit later

I'm hoping to use this as a spring board for a year long project as the first few months will probably involve me trying to find a routine that works for me.

As I'm not a 100% sure on what I'm doing I think I will start with this routine

Day One: Chest and biceps
Bench Press (3x8)
Arm Curls (3x8)
Push ups
Cardio

Day Two: Legs, Triceps and Abs
Leg press (3x8)
Dips (3x8)
Belgian Squats (3x8)
Oblique crunches
Cardio

Day Three: Shoulders and Back
Shoulder press (3x8)
Dead lifts (3x8)
Pull ups
Bent over row (3x8)

Day Four: Chest, Bicep and Abs
Incline Bench Press (3x8)
Dumbbell Curl (3x8)
Air Bike

Day Five: Rest
Day Six: 2 mile run- because a small child could out run me at the moment
Day Seven: Rest

I haven't added weight yet as I don't know what I can lift just yet but will add that soon. Also looking to switch things up by changing exercise ever 4-6 weeks

As for results, I'm looking for a athletic look rather than a body-builders although I think it may take me closer to a year to achieve hence the year project
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 37
Hey guys! New profile created....Bring it!!

I want to change for the better, I want to become healthy and increase my fitness. I feel all I constantly think about is my weight and my body and I want this to change. I want to stop being so self conscious and gain more confidence. Simples eh? :smile:

I took my weight, measurements and these photos this morning. I had a ‘practice day’ yesterday of the 30 day shred, it was tough. Officially started it today, tough but managed to push through :biggrin: No pain, no gain.

I’m 18, 5ft 2 and weigh 9 stone 12. My highest weight was just below 11 stone, hoping to get below 9 stone but don’t mind if I lose inches more than pounds right now.

BMI 25.24 Bust 34.5 Waist 29 Hips 37 Thighs 20.5

Front:

Spoiler

Side:

Spoiler

Back:

Spoiler

Some others:

Spoiler

Proof:

Spoiler

Good luck everyone!
P.S. Can't believe I'm actually doing this.
Original post by cowsforsale
5 ft 10, 189.4 lbs (this morning straight after waking up).

Body fat % = 25-30?

Aiming to lose 15-20 lbs in the time frame.
Aiming for ~2000 cals a day. (10 x bw).

Started a log over here, probably won't keep 1 on this forum...I will stick with this!

Your bf doesn't look that high, if anything I thought it would have been closer to 20%!
Your bf doesn't look that high, if anything I thought it would have been closer to 20%!

I dunno, i browse through quite a few "estimate my bf" threads and they always seem a lot higher than what I would have guessed.

By the way, is the male transformation in the OP your brother's?!

Quick Reply

Latest