The Student Room Group

TSR New Year Transformation Contest - Official Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Well, **** it, here goes nothing. Aim is obviously to cut and get leaner and lose as little strength as possible.

I store my fat in a very feminine pattern - all in the arse, hips and chest.

edit: bugger, just realised I forgot to take a time-stamp ... doing one now
edit2: done
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 61
Everyone who does this with their full profile is very brave and has my full respect!

I have gained loads of weight over the last couple of years and am now very motivated to do something about it. I am 5' 3" and weigh 12 stone and 7 pounds. Pictures very reluctantly added, please be kind!

front

back

side

proof

Good luck everyone! Am about to go and start a blog now :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by LookIt'sPete
i'm 18, do i have potential?

Well since you was one of the last two....yes. By potential I mean to be in pretty good shape at the end of the competition if you do things right.
Hello folks!
I thought I would jump on the bandwagon too. After much contemplation, I thought 'if other people can change for the better (and post themselves in their underwear), then so can I.

In a nutshell I REALLY need to lose weight at minimum 3st because at the moment I'm not just overweight, but obese according to the BMI chart.
When I saw the photos of myself, it was really depressing to see just how fat I got :frown:

I have other reasons to lose weight too and these include:
- My sisters wedding this July,
- I might be tying the knot soon too!
- To generally get healthier and fitter in the long term,
- and ultimately, I'm doing this so I can qualify for breast reduction surgery on the NHS, but the good Doctor says I must lose weight first.

Im currently 15.8 stone :frown:

So, to lose this weight I plan on doing the following:
- Power walks 2-3 miles on Mon, Wed, Fri
- Power walk 6+ miles on a Saturday.
- On the other days I plan to hit my cross-trainer/ bike in my spare room.

Foodwise:
Cut out all fizzy drinks and alcohol.
Cut out all junkfood.
Cut back on milk and dairy products.
Eat more fruit and veg.
Start calorie counting!
Im hoping to take in 1300 calories max daily. Is this okay??

Anyway, enough of me blabbing on and trying to put off posting my photos.....here they are :/

(Edit: Don't know why, but these pics have come out tiny. Perhaps clicking on them they will be larger?)

07-01-13.jpg
07-01-13-2.jpg
07-01-13-3.jpg
date-stamp.jpg
No significant body recomp occurring so almost no chance of winning but can't turn down potential free stuff!

Spoiler

Reply 65
In case I decide to train may as well enter.

Spoiler

Reply 66
Hey Everyone,

This looks like it could be fun and some excellent motivation so here we go.
I plan to post a blog in the Transformation forum, if not I'll post my starting stats here.

Spoiler

Good luck everyone!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 67
Original post by Michael XYZ
No significant body recomp occurring so almost no chance of winning but can't turn down potential free stuff!

Spoiler

Looking in great shape there MikeyBoi...Are you picking a weight for powerlifting and sticking around that weight? I think once you've got in good shape, bulking and cutting is *******s when natural, best just to stay lean and build it up gradually, nothing major will happen in a year.
Reply 68
Original post by Gladbags2012

Im hoping to take in 1300 calories max daily. Is this okay??

As you are bigger taking in 2000 a day would still give you weight loss without any other change. Try to implement like one change a week otherwise it'll be too many things that you've got to do or not do and then you'll feel guilty if you slip and will find it really difficult to follow. Such as week 1 no fizzy drinks, 2000 calories per day and go for a walk 3 times that week etc. Then week 2 make two of your walks a bit longer and add another short walk and no sweets etc. And build up for however you want to be living. For this to be long term it needs to be realistic and fit into your lifestyle. These are just suggestions so feel free to ignore this but best of luck! Feel free to message me and we could help each other out :smile:
Original post by Michael XYZ

Not beeing pervy but you look great. If there was a competition for the best before photo you would win hands down.

How long did it take you to get to where you are now?
Original post by k1rby
As you are bigger taking in 2000 a day would still give you weight loss without any other change. Try to implement like one change a week otherwise it'll be too many things that you've got to do or not do and then you'll feel guilty if you slip and will find it really difficult to follow. Such as week 1 no fizzy drinks, 2000 calories per day and go for a walk 3 times that week etc. Then week 2 make two of your walks a bit longer and add another short walk and no sweets etc. And build up for however you want to be living. For this to be long term it needs to be realistic and fit into your lifestyle. These are just suggestions so feel free to ignore this but best of luck! Feel free to message me and we could help each other out :smile:

Thank you for that advice :redface:
I will take note and follow your advice and see what happens :smile:
Height: 5ft 5
Weight: 8st 13

I really want to lose some weight so that i can get a flat stomach for summer, so this is going to be good! fingers crossed :smile: excuse the disgusting condition of my room, i just got back from holiday :tongue:

i know this is meant to be bad but i'm skipping breakfast and hanving a cereal bar, half a carrrot and half a pear for lunch and going to the gym twice a week :/
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by McHumpy92
Looking in great shape there MikeyBoi...Are you picking a weight for powerlifting and sticking around that weight? I think once you've got in good shape, bulking and cutting is *******s when natural, best just to stay lean and build it up gradually, nothing major will happen in a year.

Yes right now my plan is to very slow bulk and try remain fairly lean. To be fair unless I bulk a lot the 82.5/83kg class would be easy to hit for a while but I'd want to compete at 90s later, if not higher.

Original post by Chrisateen
Not beeing pervy but you look great. If there was a competition for the best before photo you would win hands down.

How long did it take you to get to where you are now?

Thank you.

I've been training since March 2010 so just under 3 years.
Reply 73
Original post by sausageez
Height: 5ft 5
Weight: 8st 13

I really want to lose some weight so that i can get a flat stomach for summer, so this is going to be good! fingers crossed :smile: excuse the disgusting condition of my room, i just got back from holiday :tongue:

i know this is meant to be bad but i'm skipping breakfast and hanving a cereal bar, half a carrrot and half a pear for lunch and going to the gym twice a week :/

You will find dieting easier and feel fuller for longer if your meals include protein and healthy fats. Do not be afraid of fats - only eating fruit and cereal bars (which are almost always full of sugar and low on nutrition) is not a good long-term fix.

There is an example diet for fat loss in the nutrition thread (linked in my sig), it's really quite good and more sustainable than what you plan to do therefore resulting in better and more long-term results.
Hello, I'd like to enter the TSR New Years Transformation Contest!

I'm VERY obese and I've realised that I can't keep on living the way that I do. I seriously need to do something about my health and this is the kickstart that I need. I don't want to hit another 10 years and realise that I've been held back by my weight. I struggle to walk up a single flight of stairs without wheezing. A new year, a new start and a NEW ME!

I've got edited pictures here, which had to be edited as my b/g would instantly be recognised by anyone who knows me! Please let me know if this is acceptable? If not, mods - pm me please!

I just want to say that it's taken a lot of courage to post these pictures in cyber world, especially looking the way that I do, but I've realised that if I don't take this first step - then how can change ever follow?

Starting Stats:
Sex: Female
Weight: 15st 5lbs / 215 lbs
BMI: 33.7 (shouldn't be more than 18.5 - 24.9)
Dress Size: 16/18/20 (varies - but mainly an 18/20)

Goals:
Weight: 11st / 150lbs
Dress Size: 10/12

I realise that I have a lot of work to do, and it's very likely that I won't do it in 4 months, but I'm going make this a complete lifestyle change and I WILL DO IT!

Thank you
PixieStarDust x

---

Front

Spoiler

Back

Spoiler

Side

Spoiler

Proof

Spoiler

Love your attitude to it :smile:
Good luck!
Reply 76
A bit late but yeah, this is the fattest I've ever been, a torn cruciate ligament last year made me a lazy sod and took away my main form of cardio, football. Needs to be rectified.
Reply 77
Hey folks,

Decided to create a seperate account to apply as I use my other username on other social networks and would hate for other people to find the photos. Hopefully I'll feel differently about it when the transformation is complete! :wink: I'm sure some of you can guess who this is anyway, but I'd appreciate if you don't name me as I don't want this to be found with such ease.
:colondollar:

Before:
Weight: 62kg / 9.76stone
Height: 156cm / 5ft1
BMI: 25.5
Dress size: 10/12

Chest: 34"
Waist: 30"
Hips: 37"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was my previous weight which I was much happier with, and hope to be able to get back into! I gained a lot of weight due to becoming very lazy and eating a lot of junk food, mostly due to depression. I'm hoping to change things! :smile:

Goal:
Weight: 55kg / 8.66stone
Height: (the same, of course!)
BMI: 22.6
Dress size: 8/10

Attached are my current photos. Hopefully they're acceptable!

Before_Front.jpg Before_Side.jpg Before_Back.jpg Before_Proof.png

So... good luck everyone! :smile:
Reply 78
Finally been able to get some pictures done.

I'll try my best to upload them sometime tomorrow
Reply 79
Hey :smile: Need to lose some more weight, get toned up and build up some strength and the last comp was good motivation so here I am again!

Height: 5'8
Weight: 10 stone 6/146lbs (gained FIVE pounds over Christmas and I swear it's all gone round my middle. Very unimpressed.)
Bust: 36
Waist: 28
Hips: 39

front.pngside.pngback.pngproof.png

Quick Reply

Latest