The Student Room Group

Portsmouth F.C.

Scroll to see replies

I don't think Camara offers the sort of clinical finishing ability we need.
Reply 61
we could always get van nistelroy lol :biggrin:
Todorov might be able to do it. He shows really good instinctive movement in the box but none of us really know if he can rise to the Premiership level.

Of course, I'll leave it to Harry's expert judgement.
Reply 63
Onearmedbandit
Todorov might be able to do it. He shows really good instinctive movement in the box but none of us really know if he can rise to the Premiership level.

Of course, I'll leave it to Harry's expert judgement.

mmmmm
"Begining" of the pre-season games announced on the Official Site.

They've excelled themselves at ****eness yet again, it's like having fricken Baldrick as the webmaster.
Reply 65
i'm getting a little hacked of at the lack of pregress in trying to sign D'Allasandro
Don't say that :frown:
Reply 67
as another pompey fan hi :smile:

we need a striker that can put the ball in the back of the net and neither Camara's or hesky (even worse) can do that imo.

Harry has been looking around europe and there are a few he is looking at.

http://portsmouth.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=922&p=2&stid=8412004

Hope the other two are good but we don't know if this £7m would be well spent or not.
Reply 68
zav
as another pompey fan hi :smile:

we need a striker that can put the ball in the back of the net and neither Camara's or hesky (even worse) can do that imo.

Harry has been looking around europe and there are a few he is looking at.

http://portsmouth.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=922&p=2&stid=8412004

Hope the other two are good but we don't know if this £7m would be well spent or not.

hey there welcome to the club he he.

we need to break the bank for some on we know that has proven themselves in the premership not some, some romanian from the umma gumma league division 1!!!!
Reply 69
i agree, a known striker is a must not a "he will be good my mate steve told me" kind of player
Reply 70
WOOOOHH; This old thread need revitalising

Any way; exciting new times for the pompey boys i see :biggrin:
Reply 71
AND..... the new fixture list has been released!
Reply 72
Excellent..

Revival of the Blue Army thread, good work :smile:

Ill check the fixture list later on. Want to go to a few games as well, if i can :smile:
Reply 73
A.ndrew
Excellent..

Revival of the Blue Army thread, good work :smile:

Ill check the fixture list later on. Want to go to a few games as well, if i can :smile:

same here, hopefully i can go to some more when the new stadium is built..... in 2066 :biggrin: lol

nah hopefully it should be built by 2008 but i just can't wait!!!!!!!
Reply 74
Yeh, i thought they were meant to be finishing the new stadium ages ago, i don't even know if they've started yet, ain't been to a game in a while now :frown:

2008.. Hopefully it won't take as long as Wembley :smile:
*Radioactive Phoenix*
AND..... the new fixture list has been released!

Which, if I may say, you had better hope your safe by the end of March, because your run in is obscene :eek:
Reply 76
i think we will be ok this season

Watford and Sheffield United i can see going back down with Reading being around the bottom.

Villa i recon will be down there again as i can't see them improving and i think Fulham will be there as well. Blackburn won't be down there but will do worse than last season, Wigan loosing Roberts Bullard and Chimbonda might struggle as well.

I don't rate dowie and think Chalton will have a worse season than last season.

So overall i don't think we will do too bad. 11th place would be my prediction and i would be very, very happy with this
Reply 77
SFC_FOREVER!
Which, if I may say, you had better hope your safe by the end of March, because your run in is obscene :eek:

all fixtures have been released

what are the chances of southamton coming up next season???? :p:
Reply 78
I look forward to going to Fratton Park around Xmas time. :biggrin:
Same time last season as we got Southamtpon away and I stayed over with a mate for the game there.

Gem
Reply 79
*Radioactive Phoenix*
all fixtures have been released

what are the chances of southamton coming up next season???? :p:

Everytime someone i know who supports Southampton says they are going up this season, i point and laugh at them. :biggrin:

:proud:

Quick Reply

Latest