The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Drunk Girls - pics

I am not British not live in Britain.
--

I was checking out the daily mail and stumbled into this:
Welcome to 2013: Shameful scenes of booze-fuelled New Year's chaos in cities across Britain (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2255587/New-Years-Eve-2012-Shameful-scenes-booze-fuelled-chaos-cities-Britain.html)

And got me to wonder.
- Has this happened to any of you girls/guys?

If a girl is passed out like this, wouldn't she be easily raped? Or a man take her to her bed and next day she doesn't remember what happened?

[Can post Anonymous so please tell us your story or anecdote]

(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I haven't lived their lives so I won't make a smart comment about them, but it's not a lifestyle choice that I'd make.
Original post by Melancholy
I haven't lived their lives so I won't make a smart comment about them, but it's not a lifestyle choice that I'd make.

This.

I don't know if I'm just being painfully naive here, but - judging from these pictures - how is this fun? Do they think it's exciting and awesome to get trashed to the point where they can't even stand, relying on strangers to help them home?
Reply 3
Lol at the Daily Mail actually reporting this and making a big song and dance about it (as only they can), I mean there's nothing we haven't heard or seen before here is there?

And I completely agree with the poster above me, getting trashed to the point where you can barely stand or vomit everywhere or pass out isn't fun at all, I remember a few embarrassing nights where I barely knew where I was because of drinking so much and it isn't worth the embarrassment and hangover the morning after tbh, so I'm never drinking to get drunk again, its not fun and of course I understand why people drink, but I certainly don't understand why so many young people go out to get into this state time and time again.
Reply 4
I'm in no way condoning rape, it's a disgusting crime, but some girls really do not do themselves any favours at all.
Reply 5
That girl in the red dress could get it :colone:
Reply 6
Original post by 2ndClass

Hah, I thought this until I saw the pic of the back of her thighs covered in cellulite. The blonde in the blue dress looks like she'd be a stunner, lovely legs.
Reply 7
Original post by Rybee
Hah, I thought this until I saw the pic of the back of her thighs covered in cellulite. The blonde in the blue dress looks like she'd be a stunner, lovely legs.

lol did you see the ones at the bottom? are they even women?
Reply 8
Original post by Rybee
I'm in no way condoning rape, it's a disgusting crime, but some girls really do not do themselves any favours at all.

Tru dat.
Reply 9
lol did you see the ones at the bottom? are they even women?

:eek: Come on, what one would you take if you had to, to save your life? :wink:
I like going for a drink with mates but that.... I'd rather go to gym and work out

Srs

Not quite sure why the negs, care to enlighten me?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Rybee
:eek: Come on, what one would you take if you had to, to save your life? :wink:

the blonde one definitely, the other two look like they belong in a cage tbh
Reply 12
the blonde one definitely, the other two look like they belong in a cage tbh

haha same, although I don't think my conclusion was quite as quick as yours was!
Reply 13
AHAHAHAHHAHAH

AHAHAHAHA

and we all think the Daily Mail is trash. Whoever found this picture is a genius!
Reply 14

:biggrin:
when i see people like this... i think... how can they enjoy this? i enjoy drinking with my mates, that's fun ofc, but these people get sooooooo ****faced i can't really see how it can be enjoyable to get drunk to the point of passing out in the street in a puddle of your own vom, fighting with your friends, ending up arrested/in hospital... i just don't get it. i don't know but i always manage to stop drinking before getting to that point, even when i can't remember what happened the night before that well so i'm clearly not that in control and my brain isn't really working, i still look back on it being a good night... never been in a state such as these guys. i mean to me it looks like they INTEND for this to happen?

we've all had embarassing/cringy/regretful drunk moments but this type of person seems to end up like this every time they go out!
It's news that people are getting drunk on new years?
Original post by danny111
AHAHAHAHHAHAH

AHAHAHAHA

and we all think the Daily Mail is trash. Whoever found this picture is a genius!

I like how they seem to be bent over in resolve/determination to get that plant to its destination. Like some sort of alcohol-fuelled pilgrimage.
Reply 18
Original post by The_Super_Nerd(:
I like how they seem to be bent over in resolve/determination to get that plant to its destination. Like some sort of alcohol-fuelled pilgrimage.

I was more thinking about the ad in the back...
Reply 19
People go out and get drunk on New Years eve, hardly breaking news it? I hate the way the Daily Mail try demonise everything and turn into a scandal.

Latest

Trending

Trending