The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sissoko46
OK we already established that you're an exhibitionist that isn't all shy but you're in a very clear minority, most girls will be mortified to be seen in their underwear in any situation even if others were doing it but yet bikini's are somehow then OK.

then take that up with them, not me. i think it's more to do with social convention of WHERE they are seen dressed in so little that is the issue, rather than the lack of clothing. i would be "mortified" to be seen in my underwear in the middle of tescos purely because it's an unconventional place to wear such little clothing and people would laugh at me. if i were doing it for a cause or charity and was clearly being sponsored for it then i wouldn't care because that makes it more "conventional".
Hmm, you do have a point. I think a women wearing a bikini over the age of 40 is pretty disgusting, generally. But then again it's also not nice to see the hanging scrotum of an elderly gentlemen in swimming trunks.
Original post by marcus2001
Exactly, why can't you indeed.. :perv:

whay hey heyyy :biggrin:
Original post by DH-Biker
What she said, Sissoko, sums up quite a few people's mentalities. Ever go to the gym? If you have, I don't know about yours, but people just don't care. :dontknow: Obviously women's and men's changing rooms are separated, but there's lots of men who, rightly or wrongly, dive in and out of rooms bare-skinned to the world. Most obviously walk around in underwear, but as Bell said, she doesn't care as many people don't, its not really breaking the moral fabric of society.
Its only Western society and strict public code that has said its not proper to walk around naked. We've all got the same bodies underneath the clothes, its just some people get really pissy over the fact a body isn't covered with clothing. Realistically, all bikinis and indeed underwear in general is hiding is the very products that got you there in the first place; seems a bit silly when you put it like that but hey-ho, its not like everyone's going to start walking around naked. :tongue:

Unless your at a nudist beach, then oddly enough it is almost offensive to be wearing clothes, If I remember correctly it's supposed to make the nudists feel uncomfortable/ self concious
Reply 64
Well, I think it's safe to say you're straight then.

On the other hand, I'm a girl and find women in bikinis very attractive. Well, many women anyway. :colondollar:
Reply 65
Original post by AngryCheeseCake
Unless your at a nudist beach, then oddly enough it is almost offensive to be wearing clothes, If I remember correctly it's supposed to make the nudists feel uncomfortable/ self concious

I can see why. Though to be fair, I know two nudists (well, I say nudists, they don't perform it here (mainly because its Cumbria and its wet and cold all the time) but they regularly make trips to some place down South) and if anything they've taught me not to give a flying **** what people think; that they've usually got better things to worry about.

Which is, in my opinion, something a lot of us could do well to learn.

Still, you'd have to on a nudists beach; everyone else is. When in Rome, and all that. Not that I'm advocating that one person jumping off a bridge is reason for a conga line of people, but you catch my general drift.
I don't think they're disgusting, but good on ladies who have the confidence to wear them, because I don't and it's ruined swimming/beaches for me (but I don't even like one-pieces sooooo...)
One thing I gotta say;

Reply 68
I know how you feel, I have to wear speedo's not for enjoyment but out of the need to give the ladies what they want. It's a shallow world :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Whoever the guy was that first invented the idea of bikini's as being different to underwear

Aha! But it could have been a woman who invented them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DH-Biker
I can see why. Though to be fair, I know two nudists (well, I say nudists, they don't perform it here (mainly because its Cumbria and its wet and cold all the time) but they regularly make trips to some place down South) and if anything they've taught me not to give a flying **** what people think; that they've usually got better things to worry about.

Which is, in my opinion, something a lot of us could do well to learn.

Still, you'd have to on a nudists beach; everyone else is. When in Rome, and all that. Not that I'm advocating that one person jumping off a bridge is reason for a conga line of people, but you catch my general drift.
]]

They sound pretty cool. Unfortunately whatever decision you make, someone will be offended, so it seems right you just do what feels best for you.
Men have barely any private parts to flaunt and by the way most men will never show up with trunks let alone briefs. Think of it this way you wouldn't like to be seen in your underwear excluding Bellissima obviously but you would have no problem parading your bikini in the beach just because others are doing it. Very strange really.

Whut?!
I don't know what beaches you go to, but at the ones I've been to there have been pretty much the exact same amount of men in trunks as there are women in bikinis.
I don't know why I'm bothering to reply to someone who I'm 97% sure is a troll; I just can't resist answering back to stupidity sometimes.
Reply 72
Original post by Daniellejo.
Whut?!
I don't know what beaches you go to, but at the ones I've been to there have been pretty much the exact same amount of men in trunks as there are women in bikinis.
I don't know why I'm bothering to reply to someone who I'm 97% sure is a troll; I just can't resist answering back to stupidity sometimes.

I actually don't know if he is a troll or really holds these points of view. :dontknow:
Reply 73
Original post by TayRex
I hate the concept of me wearing a bikini because I hate my body. Don't really give a **** what other people do.

Though I do wonder why it's socially acceptable for girls to put pictures of themselves in bikinis on facebook but considered slutty if they put pictures up of them in underwear. Strange world.

When girls put pictures of themselves in a bikini on Facebook it's generally when they're on a beach or holiday where people would normally be around others wearing swimwear. It's not considered normal to go out in public in underwear, so that's probably why girls who put pictures of themselves in underwear on Facebook are usually considered to be slutty even though they're showing the same amount of skin as a girl with a holiday pic in a bikini.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
my feels the OP is just upset she probably looks vile in a bikini and is taking out aforementioned frustration on others...
One piece maybe? The girls I know all do not that it bothers me.

So why does a one-piece not bother you? Not all bikinis are skimpy plus most look flattering. Most women want something that flatters their body on the beach, why should they cover whilst they're on the beach?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by pink pineapple
So why does a one-piece not bother you? Not all bikinis are skimpy plus most look flattering. Most women want something that flatters their body on the beach, why should they cover whilst they're on the beach?

I said it doesn't bother me nothing anyone wears bothers me at all.
I am pretty sure the first woman ever to strip at the beach had fierce opposition and generally been frowned upon. Maybe you can pioneer underwear/bikini's in town centers not that I would want it though. By the way it is "African" and "embarrassed". Spelling is very important if you're not sure then you could use spellchecker.

How can you be sure of that lol its not like as If
we have existed for thousands and thousands of years is it... Oh wait

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 78
Let's all just walk naked like Adam and Eve.
Original post by The Fruitbat
Why is it relevant that womens breats produce milk in discussing whether men and women should be allowed to show equal parts of their body. If you can show your nipples in public, why cant I?

:lolwut:
Perhaps because breasts are seen as sexual, whereas men's nipples aren't ... :s-smilie: Why would you want to get your nips out anyway, surely, wearing a bikini means your nipples would be covered ...

Latest