The Student Room Group

Country Descriptions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by thunder_chunky
Being able to see the MUN/MHoC Recycle bin is pretty good at times. :wink:

I'll go to that when I need cheering up :wink:
Reply 21
I fully support this idea (because it's mine, of course! :tongue:). Currently taking time off TSR to deal with "real life" stuff, so if you guys get it up and running, I'll happily do some of the unpopular ones once I'm back :smile:.
Original post by zaliack
I fully support this idea (because it's mine, of course! :tongue:). Currently taking time off TSR to deal with "real life" stuff, so if you guys get it up and running, I'll happily do some of the unpopular ones once I'm back :smile:.

Glad you support your own idea. Thought you might be like 'Hell, no.' haha.

Good luck with your RL stuff, we'll have it up and running by then! :fluffy:
Reply 23
Original post by Kiss
The US is number 1; there is nothing more to discuss.

Well, behind Germany and France and Belgium and Japan and China. Thank God for Bangladesh!
I'd be up for this idea, couldn't do any harm to learn a little more about the country I'm representing :P
Reply 25
So what's the next step we need to take with this?

Cheese_Monster
QFA

What you thinking?
Original post by RoryS
So what's the next step we need to take with this?

What you thinking?

Well Birchington said he had wiki templates available. The next step would be to ask members to begin to put something together for their nations, and volunteer to do a few for vacant seats :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by Cheese_Monster
Well Birchington said he had wiki templates available. The next step would be to ask members to begin to put something together for their nations, and volunteer to do a few for vacant seats :smile:

Ah okay, I think he's still working on them. If you'd like to get things rolling, you could draft a PM to send out to all MUN members, send it onto me then I'll forward onto MUN Reps?
Original post by RoryS
Ah okay, I think he's still working on them. If you'd like to get things rolling, you could draft a PM to send out to all MUN members, send it onto me then I'll forward onto MUN Reps?

Aye, I shall. But i'll stress that mine will be a basic template, members are free to be as unique as they please and as humorous with their descriptions, just to give their nation and unique selling point to future representatives. :smile:
Reply 29
Aye, I shall. But i'll stress that mine will be a basic template, members are free to be as unique as they please and as humorous with their descriptions, just to give their nation and unique selling point to future representatives. :smile:

Great, looking forward to receiving it. Sure.

Who are they sending their country profiles/descriptions to btw?

Thread stickied.
Reply 30
There has to be a description of the EU aswell
Reply 31
Original post by Morgsie
There has to be a description of the EU aswell

Yeah, good idea. All the Blocs need an up-to-date description. :wink:

Cheese_Monster
QFA

Could we mention that in the PM? Cheers :biggrin:
Reply 32
Original post by RoryS

The EU is a unique system. Part of it is a mixture of Intergovernmentalism and Supranationalism

Good, a brief guide is required. Leave the ins and outs to those that would like find out and those that know about the EU in depth
(edited 11 years ago)
Do we have a template to work from for this? I have written out Russia's, Spain's and the UAE's country description file but if there is a template to put it within I need to have a fiddle and fit it in correctly :smile:
Original post by RoryS

I'll let you structure the content of the PM. I have completed a rough outline of a description for Belarus. I'll send it to you by PM for your perusal :wink:
Reply 35
Hopefully people will actually represent their State's views not their own
Original post by tehFrance
Do we have a template to work from for this? I have written out Russia's, Spain's and the UAE's country description file but if there is a template to put it within I need to have a fiddle and fit it in correctly :smile:

Not yet! Mine is just a word document with pretty flags colours and shiz! Sure this can change, but we got to start somewhere right? :biggrin:
Reply 37
Wikipedia cough cough
Reply 38
I'll let you structure the content of the PM. I have completed a rough outline of a description for Belarus. I'll send it to you by PM for your perusal :wink:

Ah okay, well could you just sent me a few bullet points of what you'd like in the PM? This is yours and Zallack's idea after all. I look forward to receiving the rough outline, hopefully people can use that as an example/template?
Original post by RoryS
Ah okay, well could you just sent me a few bullet points of what you'd like in the PM? This is yours and Zallack's idea after all. I look forward to receiving the rough outline, hopefully people can use that as an example/template?

Aye, i've sent it to you, gave you a few pointers. Need any more clarification, send me a message :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending