The Student Room Group

I cannot revise - I just don't care anymore

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I don't bother revising for weeks and weeks before exams, tried it years ago and didn't remember anything so now I just make notes and read them over the night before so they are fresh in my memory. Worked throughout GCSE and A-Level revision and hopefully will work for end-tests for modules next week!
I know how you feel op :frown: I have a few rejections from the unis i've applied to which was quite devastating tbh. I really cbf to do anything these days but I know that I've worked so so hard to get to this stage, and I really don't want to just fritter away all that hard work because of a few months of inconvenience. Just hang in there. :smile:
Original post by Ketchup'n'Mustard
I know how you feel op :frown: I have a few rejections from the unis i've applied to which was quite devastating tbh. I really cbf to do anything these days but I know that I've worked so so hard to get to this stage, and I really don't want to just fritter away all that hard work because of a few months of inconvenience. Just hang in there. :smile:

Damn girl, your sleeping pattern is really messed up =P
Sounds like you guys need too loosen up with some... :sexface:
asdasdasdasd
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 45
Thought this question would suit in this thread. I left a previous course now am at a different uni and completely non related course. I have not been as motivated and feel constantly physically sick. I have 48 topics still to do for exams the 8th to 22nd January. Have done 16 topics I think so far. Having trouble committing it to memory. Anyone else moved uni and course like me find this and did this feeling go away? I have taken breaks between revision sessions but am not enthusiastic one bit.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 46
Hi guys!
I'll start off by saying that I'm currently in year 12 and I'm studying chemistry, biology, maths and english literature.
I have been interested in becoming a dentist since year 9 and
I have a lot of work experience to back this up
- 2 weeks at a dental practice - with a variety of ethnicity groups patients
- ongoing work experience at a private dental clinic
- work experience at a dental clinic in czech republic

Im hoping to get AAAc in my A-Levels (definitely retaking my maths core 1 this june!!) And also take the UKCAT test in summer.
My GCSE grades - however - are not the best :

Biology - A
Physics - B
Chemistry - C
Maths - B
English Literature - B
English Language - B
Health and Social Care - B and C
Czech - A*
Expressive Arts - C

My hobbies are volleyball, reading criminology books,
May I add that English is not my first language.

My questions to you guys are:

Are any of you in a similar situation?
Will any universities consider giving me an offer?
Can I retake an as exam in year 12 and get away with it?

I am really worried because I dont have much knowledge on this topic, and I moved to England 5 years ago so neither my parents nor I know much about the whole ''applying to uni'' stuff...

Any help will be much appreciated!
Thank you!
Reply 47
"Don't sacrifice what you want MOST for what you want now." :wink:

Want a fit body, refuse the temptation of fatty foods.
Want a good happy relationship, don't date a guy just for the sake of dating.
Want to get into a good uni, stop procrastination and start working your butt off.

Once you start and get into the revision you will realise that you know more than you think and that it isn't all that horrible. Keep your eyes on the prize. :biggrin:
Reply 48
Original post by und3niable_
I've been feeling like that for the past few months, although I passed my A-Level first time. Just plough through it, you'll eventually get there. I'm having to do that for these Jan exams coming because you mean nothing in the world without qualifications (Without sounding mean). I work in retail atm and definitely do NOT want to do this for the rest of my life. Think of university and the diverse ppl you will meet there

See this is what I'm worried about. So many people are saying this but then I know a woman he screwed up her a levels and got awful grades and now she's an events manager and loves it! Needless to say she doesn't have a degree. Also if I want to work in film a degree would only slow me down :/ knowing what to do is the issue, I don't want to regret.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
try killing yourself :smile:
wreked

Quick Reply

Latest