The Student Room Group

Social work interview @ Bradford Uni

Hi,

This is my first post here, so apologies if it's in the wrong place! I have been offered an interview at Bradford University on January 10th, just seeing if anyone else is going on this date, and also what questions have they been preparing for?

Thanks

Cheryl

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have an interview in Sussex as well, but I have advised to read Neil Thomson's understanding social work . Perhaps you could check it out.
Reply 2
Hi I have an interview for the social work degree at Bradford too. Mine is on the Thursday though, make sure you let us know how it went :smile: good luck!!
Reply 3
Hi, I've just completed the MA in Social Work at Bradford university and from what I remember in my interview we has the following questions:
discuss a situation where you have experienced or witnessed anti oppressive practice/ anti discriminatory practice and your response in this situation
How would you deal with the pressures of social work, how would you deal with your emotions
Why you have chosen to go into social work, what influenced your decision? I spoke about The Lord Laming Report on Victoria Climbed death or you could mention serious case reviews i.e baby p or khyra ishaq.

These are some of question I got asked as it was a couple of years ago I can't remember all the questions but they were not many around 4-5 questions asked. Also you will have two people interviewing you, one is from the university and one is a social worker. It is quite informal, hope this helps I'm sorry I could not give you more info. Good luck with your interviews.
Reply 4
Thanks Sunshine your post was very helpful!
I had my interview last week, it's not as scary as you think!
Has anybody heard back from Bradford after their interviews?
thanks x
Reply 5
no, not yet, im religiously checking track! let me know if u hear anything xx
who did your individual interviews? i had the man who was head of social sciences x
Reply 6
I can't remember who he said he was lol. I haven't heard anything yet, I was getting worried as they said it would be at the beginning of the week. Glad to know noone seems to have heard anything yet. Let me know how you get on! x
Reply 7
Anyone recieved their decision yet?
I have recieved a conditional offer
Pass in Access Course to include at least 18 level 3 credits at Merit
Reply 8
Same here, ive already accepted it firm. Im sooooo happy xxx
Reply 9
Brilliant! I have an interview at the end of the month at bradford college, unsure of which one i would prefer yet x
Reply 10
Same, i got offered interviews at Leeds and Bradford College, but Bradford Uni is defo my first choice so have cancelled my other choices x
Reply 11
hay guys good luck on your interviews.i currently study social work in my second year at bradford college.if you need any advice add a thread
Reply 12
Hey how are you finding Bradford college? I have been offered a place there too. I like the fact the classes are small but didn't get a good vibe from the overall experience, felt a little like being back at school. Your experience would be a great help as i am stuck on which to choose! x
Reply 13
Original post by cherbrim
Hi,

This is my first post here, so apologies if it's in the wrong place! I have been offered an interview at Bradford University on January 10th, just seeing if anyone else is going on this date, and also what questions have they been preparing for?

Thanks

Cheryl

hi im new to this too and not sure on how to use this, have you already had your interview or is it in january 2014?
Reply 14
Intake 2014
I have an interview for social work on Friday 10th Jan at University of Bradford one for Hull 18th Feb,Not heard anything from Leeds, Sheffield, Huddersfield yet. UCAS form was sent 13th December 2013
Good Luck everyone
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Rainbowvic
Intake 2014
I have an interview for social work on Friday 10th Jan at University of Bradford one for Hull 18th Feb,Not heard anything from Leeds, Sheffield, Huddersfield yet. UCAS form was sent 13th December 2013
Good Luck everyone

hiii, ive got an interview for university of bradford on the 10th too. Im so nervous though :frown: have you got any other interviews yet??
Reply 16
Original post by ermm_96
hiii, ive got an interview for university of bradford on the 10th too. Im so nervous though :frown: have you got any other interviews yet??

How did it go at Bradford I have a conditional offer and interviews for Leeds met, Hull and Huddersfield in the next fortnight x
Reply 17
Original post by Rainbowvic
How did it go at Bradford I have a conditional offer and interviews for Leeds met, Hull and Huddersfield in the next fortnight x

awwwh thats really good, i found the interview difficult for bradford as it was my first one, but im so happy that i recieved a conditional from bradford university.x i have an interview next week for bradford college now x
Reply 18
I had my interview for master social work in bradford Uni, it was 7 questions to be honest I was shivering no idea if I will get a place I then wrote an excecise which was (in your day to day practice what will he your feelings, thoughts when working with service user that has different culture religion and belief
Reply 19
Any one who had interviews for masters social work in Sheffield hallam, Sheffield Uni and leeds Met pliz help,

Quick Reply

Latest