The Student Room Group

English Language GCSE revision help.

I have my English exam the week I go back to school. I have absolutely no idea how to revise for English All the other subjects like Maths, Science I do but not for English.
Anyone have any ideas?
Reply 1
Hey!

Yeah, I wasn't really sure how to revise for English either, but I found that doing past papers helped, and I would also recommend that you write a couple of practice essays so you are covered whatever comes up. :smile:

Good luck!!
Past Papers and Mark Schemes. I've just been doing those and found that looking at the mark schemes has helped me to realise what the examiner is looking for :biggrin: Still a bit worried though as I've put so much effort into revising sceince that I almost forgot about English :/ Good luck though!
Reply 3
I have an English exam coming up too.My technique is to do a past paper while timing yourself.

Good luck though :smile:
Memorize all the language features you can like Assonance, consonance, alliteration, personification, free verse poetry, etc. Get a list of them online. Learn to recognize them, and remember when to use them. You should get super memo if you're having trouble remembering them. You can buy it, but allot of people pirate it. Of course, I wouldn't condone that sort of behavior *wink wink.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending