The Student Room Group

BUSS3 January 15th

Scroll to see replies

That test was bull shiz

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was task G or E a critical path ? I said none of them were , and then did two paragraphs , one on how it would increase costs if they didn't operate JIT and one one demotivation and stress to complete the other tasks on time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Oh god seems like I missed out on the calculations aspect then :s-smilie: found the 1st question okay, basically worked out that if they were delayed by 4 weeks would mean it takes 25 weeks to complete so missing the 24 week deadline and then problems this would cause.
Reply 83
Did everyone finish all their answers on time? I did not hav sufficient time to write the recommendation section of my 34 marker :'( but i wrote abit bout it in my essay plan...
I thought the case study was really good and interesting but was disappointed by the lack of finance and the data in the appendixes. My timing was too slow and relaxed at the beginning so I was rushing towards the end of Q4 and my conclusion was way too short. Overall wasn't too bad though. Didn't revise marketing or cpa that thoroughly though so I was disappointed when they showed up, but I think I survived.
I was hoping to get an A in this exam as grade boundaries are only around 55/80 for an A. But I think I will get a B/C in this. Retaking in summer most likely wohoo -_-
Reply 85
I spent too long on first 2 questions, literally half the time. Rushed 3rd question but couldn't think of that much to say anyway and had about 25 minutes to write 4th question. Hopefully will be okay!
Original post by gemmamalar
Did everyone finish all their answers on time? I did not hav sufficient time to write the recommendation section of my 34 marker :'( but i wrote abit bout it in my essay plan...

Oh my god I was EXACTLY the same as you. I wrote a plan but didn't get to say much about my reccomendation as I ran out of time. All I practically said was "they should go ahead with it"...
Reply 87
Original post by gemmamalar

I have finished mine for CPA.. what were the consequences.. did anyone said that they will lose our their compatitive advantage by that competitors are tackling an extensive marketing campaing too.. ? IS that right? anyone???
Reply 88
Original post by CameronLee
Was task G or E a critical path ? I said none of them were , and then did two paragraphs , one on how it would increase costs if they didn't operate JIT and one one demotivation and stress to complete the other tasks on time

Posted from TSR Mobile

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but I think (hope) G was a critical path. I out that when G delayed by 4 weeks I put that it would delay the launch to 25 weeks instead of 22 and that meant they missed fashion week? I then spoke about E not making any influence on the launch time however it is important that they do start to plan the marketing campaign as competitors had already launched theirs! :smile:
Original post by Sarahlenny
Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but I think (hope) G was a critical path. I out that when G delayed by 4 weeks I put that it would delay the launch to 25 weeks instead of 22 and that meant they missed fashion week? I then spoke about E not making any influence on the launch time however it is important that they do start to plan the marketing campaign as competitors had already launched theirs! :smile:

Yup its 25 weeks and then I said that the concequences would be losing out on contracts from fashion houses and miss the deadline for London fashion week!
Reply 90
I thought this exam was pretty easy going really. Struggled for definitions on a couple of questions, but otherwise nothing too challenging. What did you all put as their strategy? I said it was diversification..
Still don't understand why we aren't allowed 2 hours!
Reply 92
Original post by midnightice
Still don't understand why we aren't allowed 2 hours!

1 hour 45 mins is not enough :frown: wish we had more time... Ill probably re-sit :/
Reply 93
For the 34 marker.. i put that from HRM point of view they shouldn't adopt it.. but from Financial and marketing point of view they should adopt it.. anyone put that ?? :smile:
Reply 94
Original post by lidiya
For the 34 marker.. i put that from HRM point of view they shouldn't adopt it.. but from Financial and marketing point of view they should adopt it.. anyone put that ?? :smile:

I think I put something similar, basically that it could be finincially successful but the impact on employees might be too severe in terms of redundancies
Reply 95
Original post by Kel_x
I think I put something similar, basically that it could be finincially successful but the impact on employees might be too severe in terms of redundancies

Yeahh exactly! .. Ahh so its not only me then! :smile:)
I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW! I managed to do the first 3 questions reasonably well, thinking that I had 35 more minutes to do question 4 I was chilled out until I found out that I actually had 7 minutes :/ I started to panic and ****ed up.
Original post by lidiya

Exactly what I put! I linked operations with the demoralisation of staff concerning efforts to innovate their product to stand out. Didn't make much sense tbh!
Reply 98
Didn't do one if the 18 marks but I answered the rest ok
Who has an idea what the grade boundaries would be and what do you think ill get if I lost 3/4 marks on the 10,18 & 34 mark I answered?
Reply 99
Original post by arnoob
I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW! I managed to do the first 3 questions reasonably well, thinking that I had 35 more minutes to do question 4 I was chilled out until I found out that I actually had 7 minutes :/ I started to panic and ****ed up.

i am soo annoyed too >.< similar thing happened to me ...i though i had alot of time to finish the 34 marker.. FML :'(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending