The Student Room Group

MuN meet..?

I remember there used to be little gatherings held in other parts of TSR and im pretty sure there used to be a MuN one held once in a while but if not here it is!
So just a thought at the minute but i think it would be nice/interesting to have a little meet up, you know usual go to a pub/bar have a chit chat etc. etc. but just gauging what peoples thoughts are on this at the moment, feel free to post your preferred dates/locations.
Preferebly from April on though as im not back till then :biggrin: and somewhere like London, Manchester, Swansea etc. thats easy to get to for everyone.
So yes please do say if youd be interested or not!

Much love
The UK

Scroll to see replies

Belarus and India like this idea.

Although I could only come after I return to the UK in June. Otherwise, me and you will have our own meet in Oz/NZ :biggrin:
Reply 2
I'd totally be up for that, and so would the US and Brazil. Course being in Scotland I'd have to travel a bit further than others but still wouldn't mind - when did you have in mind cl_steele?
Reply 3
Original post by Kiss
I'd totally be up for that, and so would the US and Brazil. Course being in Scotland I'd have to travel a bit further than others but still wouldn't mind - when did you have in mind cl_steele?

Jolly good!
Ummm any time after March really, just seeing how many would be interested in such an event and if theres good numbers i'll start finding out good dates for people! :smile:
Reply 4
I would be up for it. I also think that attendees should have to bring something that represents or comes from the countries they rep :smile:
Original post by DayneD89
I would be up for it. I also think that attendees should have to bring something that represents or comes from the countries they rep :smile:

Outstanding!

What kind of Indian food does everyone like?

I'll bring distilled Belarusian vodka :wink:
Sounds good. Apparently Argentina do beef and steak quite well so I'll be bringing....a pack of steak flavoured crisps. And you'll be lucky if they aren't half eaten.
Anyway lets talk turkey, time, place, numbers etc etc.
Reply 7
I'd be willing to come for a meet. I might see if I can wrangle a Swedish flag t-shirt.
Original post by miser
I'd be willing to come for a meet. I might see if I can wrangle a Swedish flag t-shirt.

Swedish women would be better.
Reply 9
Original post by thunder_chunky
Swedish women would be better.

Indeed they would.
Reply 10
Manchester or Birmingham. Any further no can do due to the price of rail fares
I wouldn't mind Birmingham providing I can get there ok that weekend. Any other suggestions?
Great idea - if people suggest rough dates they can make then we'll have a vote to decide a time.
Reply 13
I'm available whenever, though would optimumly prefer a Saturday.
Reply 14

I'll bring a couple of machine guns and a McDonalds then.
Reply 15
Original post by Kiss
I'll bring a couple of machine guns and a McDonalds then.

I demand you bring lots of americanfood that I miss. Cinnabons, Betty crocker cheesy mash, almond m&ms, taco bell. Oh god, just bring taco bell!

Great, now I'm hungry :frown:
I'll have a look in the MUN wine cellar and grab a few bottles to bring.
I demand you bring lots of americanfood that I miss. Cinnabons, Betty crocker cheesy mash, almond m&ms, taco bell. Oh god, just bring taco bell!

Great, now I'm hungry :frown:

Reese's pieces. Got to have them. It's a deal breaker.
Reply 18
Original post by thunder_chunky
Reese's pieces. Got to have them. It's a deal breaker.

Last time I had those I was super drunk and ended up spewing projectile vomit Exorcist style.
Original post by Kiss
Last time I had those I was super drunk and ended up spewing projectile vomit Exorcist style.

Then definitely bring them. They are really sweet, sickly in fact so I can only really have one, maybe two at a stretch. Any more and I feel pretty damn sick.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending