Posted from TSR Mobile
I think you should stay, pain is temporary , a degree is for life
Original post by Origami Bullets
This is a really old thread...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not necessarily , really old would probably be greater than 3 years imo
Original post by r_u_jelly
Not necessarily , really old would probably be greater than 3 years imo

Without wishing to get into semantics, we normally consider anything over 6 months old a bit old to be bumped without good reason. After 15 months, I dare say that the OP's situation has been resolved one way or the other, so there's little point in giving further advice.
Original post by ChickenMadness
Can't say I was surprised when I say the MLP avatar.

Btw you'l just be in debt for nothing if you quit uni. Even more reason not to live.

You ,sir, win the internet today
Original post by Origami Bullets
Without wishing to get into semantics, we normally consider anything over 6 months old a bit old to be bumped without good reason. After 15 months, I dare say that the OP's situation has been resolved one way or the other, so there's little point in giving further advice.

Yes the individual who bumped the post should get a warning
I'm a mature student having to self fund my 1St two years and it's proving impossible. I too am thinking of wrapping in uni due to financial hardship as it's making me ill and affecting my studies.

Do what's best for yourself do what makes you happy. Degrees are not everything they just mean you earn more than some1 else. Money ain't everything either it's the root of all evil

Maybe talk to some1 older who's done the uni work and life before. Reading what theses "kids" have put on here is enough to make you even more depressed. Finding a depressed teenager is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Seek advice from some1 who's older and do what makes you happy not what you think is the right way

Feel for you as I'm half way there myself.

Take care

Joel
Dear original poster if you're still following this thread,

I think what you were going through was an ongoing existential crisis. I have never been through one myself, but I totally relate to you.

I think your decision now is wise, but if you decide either to stay in uni or drop out it is completely fine. Uni does prevent you from being entirely responsible of your financial issues etc, but sometimes it could restrict one's free will because of how the system works (if that makes sense).

I completely understand that following the system of society seems entirely pointless most of the time, but you could either escape the system completely or follow it, but still strike that balance between what you like doing or what society expects you to be doing.

Actually just scrap that previous sentence, because you should always do you, because it is completely up to you how you live your life. On the grand scale of the Universe these problems with humanity don't matter. Maybe try distracting yourself sometimes to temporarily forget these concerns.

This is not meant to be spam but I honestly think you would relate to this video: http://youtu.be/B1jaY136B_k?list=PLEnRczHRfqsLJ6ueKxZYKzmd91ezzK76i
Reply 68
I'm in a very similar position now.May I ask what your decision was in the end? I hope you're well and happy with your choice - this life is so fleeting, we only get one chance x
I know it’s been a long time but I’d like to know what you decided to do in the end as I’m in almost the exact same situation, I only really went to uni cos that’s what people told me to do, I have no idea what I want to do in life and I really don’t like my course and the workload. Just wondering what you decided to do in the end
Hey, I know it will be super random BUTby the time you've posted this was in 2013 so just had a question how is it going in your life? Did you find what you was looking for? As I am in exact same position as you was 5 years ago...
Original post by vikak234
Hey, I know it will be super random BUTby the time you've posted this was in 2013 so just had a question how is it going in your life? Did you find what you was looking for? As I am in exact same position as you was 5 years ago...

It’s not random because this thread will hopefully continue to be helpful to others with this like myself and stand the test of time 😀
Yeah so are you roughly 18 too? If so, I’m interested in why this whole existential crisis thing happens at this age. I have a theory that it might be because we have left school/college and now the realisation has come that we are just the same as those who were once in a position of authority. Why is the only point in life to reproduce?
Sorry this reply may not make sense but nor does life 🤔
Im kinda the same but in year 13. Feeling like I have no purpose and feeling great pressure to find it.
Hello. I doubt you’ll see this but I’d love to know where you are now and what you decided to do?

Latest

Trending

Trending