The Student Room Group

Send my new grade?

I received a grade for an exam just a few hours ago, which will improve my average grade. I have applied for psychology at UCL, so I really want my application to look as good as possible. Especially as my personal statement sucks.. However, I received an e-mail some time ago, saying that I shouldn't send any further information unless they asked for it. Our grade system (I'm not from the UK) consists of 6 grades; 1-6, where 6 is the best. To apply at all, they told me I should have an average of 5,3, but I only had 5,22. I applied anyway, as I still was waiting for this math grade. I got a 6, so my average grade is now 5,3.

What do you think I should do? I really, really want to get an offer from UCL!! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by KristineS
I received a grade for an exam just a few hours ago, which will improve my average grade. I have applied for psychology at UCL, so I really want my application to look as good as possible. Especially as my personal statement sucks.. However, I received an e-mail some time ago, saying that I shouldn't send any further information unless they asked for it. Our grade system (I'm not from the UK) consists of 6 grades; 1-6, where 6 is the best. To apply at all, they told me I should have an average of 5,3, but I only had 5,22. I applied anyway, as I still was waiting for this math grade. I got a 6, so my average grade is now 5,3.

What do you think I should do? I really, really want to get an offer from UCL!! :smile:

I would recommend emailing UCL and telling them about your updated grade. :yep:
Reply 2
Phone them ASAP..tell them what you`ve just said...also email the admin department :-). Dont worry you will get in :biggrin: and well done x

It will make a bit difference is you need 5,3 and don't have 5,22 according to them :tongue: Definitely phone/email them
Reply 4
Ok, thanks to all of you! I guess I'll tell them then. :smile:
Reply 5
Another thing, what do you think my chances are for getting an offer?:smile: In my country it's all about grades; no references or personal statements. My reference is pretty good, my PS sucks and you already know my grades... :smile:
Reply 6
I think you will :smile:
Reply 7
Another thing, what do you think my chances are for getting an offer?:smile: In my country it's all about grades; no references or personal statements. My reference is pretty good, my PS sucks and you already know my grades... :smile:

UCL is very competitive, as is psychology. So I would definitely phone/email ASAP to tell them you actually meet the requirements now. Nobody can tell you the chances of you getting an offer, but your PS being bad will not help. UCL will look at everything on your application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending