The Student Room Group

The "female mind" unveiled

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Dragonfly07

2) Girls don't know what they want.

Explanation: girls know that they want to avoid giving instructions. They will beat around the bush and give you clues so that you can figure it out yourself, because THAT is what girls want. They want you to be telepathic. Literally. The reason: they want to feel like their partner knows them well enough to figure out what they want without having to tell them what it is specifically.

This is one of the main reasons why I don't particularly enjoy the company of women. Why exactly should I be expected to figure things out and waste my valuable time deciphering a whinging little crybaby's petulant ambiguous remarks? I tell people exactly what I think (unless it'll cause distress) and expect others to do the same.

3) Girls don't like sex.

Explanation: girls do like sex. The problem is, sex usually ends with the man getting pleasure but the woman not getting as much pleasure as she could potentially get (because men can orgasm in less than 3 minutes and women take about 20 on average).

Result: women figure out that, if they don't enjoy sex most of the time, they may as well use sex as a means to get what they want (hence withholding sex as punishment or giving sex as a reward).

Of course it's completely within a woman's right to decide whether or not she has sex with someone. But what I don't like is that if it was the man doing this he would be considered "Emotionally distant" "Cold" and "Out of touch with a woman's needs" by his girlfriend and her friends, and would probably feel justified in finding another man. Whereas a man who finds someone else because his girlfriend is withholding sex would be "Just in it for the sex" and a "Deadbeat".

Reply 21
Original post by Sheldor
Where has anyone mentioned ANYTHING feminist here before your post?
Being pro-women (as in, not hating them) is hardly a bad thing, and that's the only thing she's done. Do you prefer misogyny or am I missing something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If anything, surely her post is anti-feminist?

Instead of being honest about things and wishing for mutual understanding, all that OP seems to advocate is tiring mind games, a lack of communication, and using sex to get what she wants.
Reply 22
Original post by Arnob204

I have to agree with both of your points.

I am by no means a misogynist or one of those men who harbours an intense bitterness towards women but I think basically most of the 'problems with women' that people have mentioned are the results of one overarching problem with SOME women: double standards.

Having one rule for men and another for women, WHICHEVER side it benefits, drives me crazy. I think that most men and honest women would agree that as a general rule, women tend to be less rational than men and I think that is the reason why men are more often the victim of double standards than women are - hence why there are so many men on here who sound so frustrated that some of them come across as just plain bitter.
Reply 23
Original post by Kenocide
I have to agree with both of your points.

I am by no means a misogynist or one of those men who harbours an intense bitterness towards women but I think basically most of the 'problems with women' that people have mentioned are the results of one overarching problem with SOME women: double standards.

Having one rule for men and another for women, WHICHEVER side it benefits, drives me crazy. I think that most men and honest women would agree that as a general rule, women tend to be less rational than men and I think that is the reason why men are more often the victim of double standards than women are - hence why there are so many men on here who sound so frustrated that some of them come across as just plain bitter.

Ditto mate, I'm not a misogynist either, I love my female relatives dearly and they've done a lot for me, but I'd much prefer a male friend than a female one.
Reply 24
I can't believe this was written by a woman...
Original post by Michaelj
Dragonfly spouting another ****e feminist rules thread, nothing new here.

It wasn't really feminist as such, since a typical nutjob feminist would deny any of these quirks are real and say women act exactly like men.
Women are fun to play with, hard to take seriously.
Reply 27
Original post by Kerny
If anything, surely her post is anti-feminist?

Instead of being honest about things and wishing for mutual understanding, all that OP seems to advocate is tiring mind games, a lack of communication, and using sex to get what she wants.

Had to rep you for that.

You're right, my thread is anti feminist because it is essentially based on stereotypes about women, and mainly negative ones.

What people don't understand is that these stereotypes aren't advocations.

Considering the whole stereotype of females being overly sensitive/emotional, men on this thread sure are surprisingly defensive. :confused:

(read the second edit at the top of the OP).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 28

Considering the whole stereotype of females being overly sensitive/emotional, men on this thread sure are surprisingly defensive. :confused:

Not really, we're just pointing out your bull****.
Reply 29
All "females" are different, now stop being so judgemental
Original post by miser
Girls definitely like sex (I don't see how that could seriously be argued against), but definitely they are more inhibited against it. I've read this is likely a vestige of evolutionary psychology, being that women traditionally had more to risk from entering into a sexual relationship than men did. This disparity of risk is of course eliminated with contraception, but psychology changes much slower than technology. It leads to the interesting results in studies, such as that single women propositioned by an unknown attractive man for sex almost universally refuse, whereas single men approached by an unknown attractive women almost universally accept. This isn't to say that men like sex more than women, but I could understand why some could be led to believe this.

It' more to do with society than psychology. The whole women have more to lose and all the traditional psychological courtship dances that resulted have became ingrained in society and it is taking a very long time for it to leak out, or should I say society's double standards in regards to sex and gender are slow to change.

Original post by sugar-n-spice
It wasn't really feminist as such, since a typical nutjob feminist would deny any of these quirks are real and say women act exactly like men.

You have a skewed perception of feminism.
No. Just because you are a girl it does not mean you can present all this about seemingly every teenage female as absolute truth.
Original post by Eljamaispa

You have a skewed perception of feminism.

How so?

It' more to do with society than psychology. The whole women have more to lose and all the traditional psychological courtship dances that resulted have became ingrained in society and it is taking a very long time for it to leak out, or should I say society's double standards in regards to sex and gender are slow to change.

Just so you know, women do have more to lose from sex. If a woman gets pregnant from a low quality man, she has to wait nine months before she can even start to get some good genes in her.

They call me Adolf. :cool: :fuhrer:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by Alexandra's Box
No. Just because you are a girl it does not mean you can present all this about seemingly every teenage female as absolute truth.

Interesting that you thought I was talking about teenagers. Now who's being stereotypical?
Reply 34

One of the worst kinds of women you can meet is the one of the arrogant, super-emotional variety. The kind of woman who acts like a princess and thinks any kind of behaviour from her, no matter how snotty, bratty, or irrational, is acceptable and that men should always pander to her. And because she has a fanny, she knows she can get away with her petulance a lot of the time.
Reply 35
Original post by Kerny
One of the worst kinds of women you can meet is the one of the arrogant, super-emotional variety. The kind of woman who acts like a princess and thinks any kind of behaviour from her, no matter how snotty, bratty, or irrational, is acceptable and that men should always pander to her. And because she has a fanny, she knows she can get away with her petulance a lot of the time.

Question: do you genuinely think that women can get away with any stupid behaviour simply because they have a fanny? And if so, then in what way?
Reply 36

I wouldn't say it was only down to psychology, but I believe psychology plays the larger role of the two. Sexual attraction is a very strong force in people; it's difficult to see people resisting their urges simply because they think it's wrong, and equally unlikely that societal condemnation will do anything to affect the strength of those urges.

On a rational level we may reach a point at which women will feel totally at ease to consensually sleep with whomever they want without guilt, but I doubt we'll ever reach a point where the majority of women would actually experience the want to do this (unlike men would).
Reply 37
Had to rep you for that.

You're right, my thread is anti feminist because it is essentially based on stereotypes about women, and mainly negative ones.

What people don't understand is that these stereotypes aren't advocations.

(read the second edit at the top of the OP).

I don't want to (and I will not) go to the effort of copying and pasting your responses.

Post as many stereotypes as you want in the thread. I'll answer them if I think they're correct and ignore them if I think they're fabricated and/or stupid.

Stereotype...some girls take everything way too seriously?

Tbh men are being defensive because you're telling us how to act, when you don't really have a clue or have the authority to do so; who are you? If I made a thread on the male mind I'm sure women would post on it and argue. Besides, this is a forum, isn't discussion the whole point?

You're presenting a bunch of stereotypes as 'the female mind unveiled', now that's totally illogical in itself-especially so on a forum of mainly students of different ages.
Interesting that you thought I was talking about teenagers. Now who's being stereotypical?

Because they are probably the biggest age group on the site. So... you meant women of every age then? Why do you think all females are like this - are men all similar when it comes to relationships?
Nice input. Women are psychopathic. Thank you for your comments.

(I would have replied to each of your points separately if they weren't within the quotes - difficult to get to).

Sometimes women are so frustrating, it makes me wish I was gay! lol
I went to a gay club a few weeks back because all my friends were going and it was "straight night". All the guys I chatted with would ask "are you gay?" i.e. "am I wasting my time talking to you?" or even more-so "are you potentially down to ****?" . Straight to the point, concise, pragmatic. I didn't feel offended, and I didn't even feel guilty when I told them that I was straight i.e. not interested. If only it were so simple with women :rolleyes:

Original post by Arnob204
This is one of the main reasons why I don't particularly enjoy the company of women. Why exactly should I be expected to figure things out and waste my valuable time deciphering a whinging little crybaby's petulant ambiguous remarks? I tell people exactly what I think (unless it'll cause distress) and expect others to do the same.

oh how I wish I could rep this!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending