The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

(Adult) Nursing Selection Day

Scroll to see replies

Hi ,I am attending the adult nursing selection day on the 25th of April. Just wondering would anyone have any advice on preparing for the literacy and numeracy tests?
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 61
Hey lizzie, I haven't applied yet because technically we don't know if we have been accepted. I read that the Uni will inform the NHS and then they will contact you regarding the bursary and that's how the process begins. Hasn't it been a month since you sent your off? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by Caramac
Hey lizzie, I haven't applied yet because technically we don't know if we have been accepted. I read that the Uni will inform the NHS and then they will contact you regarding the bursary and that's how the process begins. Hasn't it been a month since you sent your off? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent it around the 20th march so not yet. Yeah that what I thought as well, but as soon as my exams are over I will look into NHS bursary to make sure.
Reply 63
Original post by Denise Kealy
Hi ,I am attending the adult nursing selection day on the 25th of April. Just wondering would anyone have any advice on preparing for the literacy and numeracy tests?

theres practice questions on the website its the same as GCSE maths or even simpler. Good Luck!
Original post by LIzzieWoo
theres practice questions on the website its the same as GCSE maths or even simpler. Good Luck!

I am from Ireland ,So I never did GCSE maths, But thanks anyway. :smile: How did you find the day?
Original post by RBRo
Hi. ^.^

We had a literacy and numeracy test, those who didn't get above 85% on both didn't go onto the second part of the selection day which was an agonizing wait.:eek:

Then we had a group interview of sorts and then we had to answer five questions in a final written test... Which I'm terrified of as we had 70 mins but I managed to finish with like 15 mins to spare so I'm wondering if I missed something. TT^TT

Hi, Im attending a selection day on thursday at city, Im just wondering what are the numeracy and literacy tests like?
Reply 66
Original post by Denise Kealy
Hi, Im attending a selection day on thursday at city, Im just wondering what are the numeracy and literacy tests like?

It was just like on the selection day page in city.ac.uk but I guess this reply comes late. How did it go though?
Reply 67
Hey everyone.

I've been thinking about reading ahead before starting so I'm not completely thrown off a loop after a long summer. I decided on 'Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology for student Nurses.'

The reviews included an adult nursing student saying it was really good so I got it to familiarise myself with the terms.

Anyone been thinking about some reading as well?
Reply 68
Yeah I was thinking that too. I think il drop them an email asking for a reading list (can't hurt) if they reply I will get back to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Original post by Caramac
Yeah I was thinking that too. I think il drop them an email asking for a reading list (can't hurt) if they reply I will get back to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, maybe I should have done that too. :tongue: Hopefully the one I have is in that list.
Reply 70
They replied just saying the list will be sent out nearer the start of the course. General reading isn't going to hurt. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Wonderful. :smile:

Thanks for sharing. Now I can't wait to start.

:banana:
Reply 72
Congratulations!! have you graduated already? I still need to graduate and do this APL thingy, and then I am all set I should think!!

Hi please im so worried rite now regarding the apl thing @city, I want to find out from you if someone doesn't pass the apl, do they refuse to give u admission or they just give u the bsc admission straight
Hi I'm new to this site but read some really good information on the open dfatwas wondering did anyone applied with the credits from their access to nursing diploma
I've got my assessment day in a few weeks😔
Reply 74
Original post by RBRo
I applied for Adult Nursing so I'm not too sure if they'll be the same questions? After all, there were also PgDip applicants in my selection day but I think their interview went differently as well.

hey guys i applied pretty late so got an email today for the selection day. is it group interviews and any tips? or questions?
Reply 75
Original post by kris21
hey guys i applied pretty late so got an email today for the selection day. is it group interviews and any tips? or questions?

At least for me it was a group interview,

I suggest practice some maths if you're not too good at it for the numeracy test. There's also a literacy test, you have to get more than 85% on each of them to pass but they're not so hard.

As for the group interview, just go certain about why you want to do nursing, why your branch, what experience you've had (volunteering or family or anything you might find related), why City, just go with the general questions prepared.

Smile and ask lots of questions! But do remember to let others talk too. :wink:
Reply 76
Hey everyone, I just received an email that tells me about the offer, I have already received this email in march but this time it was sent by a different lady. Also the part explaining the references and the nhs bursary was written in red. Is this fine or is there something wrong? Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Original post by SGS2011
Hey everyone, I just received an email that tells me about the offer, I have already received this email in march but this time it was sent by a different lady. Also the part explaining the references and the nhs bursary was written in red. Is this fine or is there something wrong? Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin:
Lol. I actually received the same e-mail after receiving it in March. I sent a reply explaining. I'll let you know if I get a reply.
Reply 78
Thank you so much that puts me at ease now, hopefully there won't be a problem :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Oh cool! I think it went alright, I did blank out on a couple of occasions though! Do you recognise me form my picture?

Do you know how may places are available? I forgot to ask!

Hi, I've got a selection day for the 20th of Feb next week, just wondering what kind of topics do we need to know for the group and individual interviews? Is it just like a discussion? I'm really nervous and I'm a post-grad, did you find out much about the APL?

Any advice would be much appreciated!
= ]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending