The Student Room Group

Student finance entitlment?

I've been looking at the loans il be entitled to for Uni in September, I can only get my tuition fee and £3500, my parents will help me out but how am I going to find the excess for accommodation and live?!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1
Original post by NutMeg18
I've been looking at the loans il be entitled to for Uni in September, I can only get my tuition fee and £3500, my parents will help me out but how am I going to find the excess for accommodation and live?!

Are you an EU or UK student?
Reply 2
Uk student, I'm quite happy to get a job, and my parents will help me where they can, but it just doesn't seem enough money

Reply 3
You may be entitled to a scholarship. Have you checked with your uni to see if you can get anything like that?
Reply 4
I've looked and there's nothing available due to my parent's income. In theory they are just about able to make up the difference but it will be a struggle for all of us. I'll just have to earn as much as i can I guess, at least I luckily have savings from my current job :smile:

Reply 5
Scholarships are normally based on academic performance rather than parents income.
Reply 6
Original post by OU Student
Scholarships are normally based on academic performance rather than parents income.

The only ones I can find need much higher grades than I can get unfortunately, thanks for the advice though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending