The Student Room Group

Anyone had adult nursing interviews at Chester/Uclan?

Hi guys,
am new to forum, have applied to Chester, Uclan, Edge Hill, LJM and Salford for sept 2013 intake. Have 3 interviews but seem to be waiting a while to hear from the Chester and Uclan.
Anyone heard from them, been interviewed? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Gemma:)
Hi guys,
am new to forum, have applied to Chester, Uclan, Edge Hill, LJM and Salford for sept 2013 intake. Have 3 interviews but seem to be waiting a while to hear from the Chester and Uclan.
Anyone heard from them, been interviewed? :smile:

Have you heard back from Chester?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I got an interview letter a week before the 21st and went for interview 21st. I recieved an unuccesfull two days later. I have an offer off Salford, Edge Hill interview on the 25th and am still waiting to hear back from LJM and Uclan after my interviews. I applied to ucas on 28th nov.
Reply 3
I got an interview letter a week before the 21st and went for interview 21st. I recieved an unuccesfull two days later. I have an offer off Salford, Edge Hill interview on the 25th and am still waiting to hear back from LJM and Uclan after my interviews. I applied to ucas on 28th nov.

Oh sorry to hear that :frown: i received a letter from Chester yesterday calling me for an interview next month. I don't think I'll do we'll apparently it's quite a large group discussion So hard to make yourself heard! Did they say why they didn't take you? Btw can you use a calculator for the maths?? And well done on your Salford offer heard the maths tests are horrible there so at least you've got one offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by anizz91
Oh sorry to hear that :frown: i received a letter from Chester yesterday calling me for an interview next month. I don't think I'll do we'll apparently it's quite a large group discussion So hard to make yourself heard! Did they say why they didn't take you? Btw can you use a calculator for the maths?? And well done on your Salford offer heard the maths tests are horrible there so at least you've got one offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes you can use a calcuator and the maths isnt difficult.The group discussion consisted of around 6 of us and was relaxed and friendly. I managed to say all the points I wanted but they said in feedback I needed to expand on those points more. Suprisingly I felt most confident about chester and least confident about salford lol.
UCLAN is the largest group discussion approx 25 people and yes salford maths is hard i just left out the ones I didnt know or guessed x
Reply 5
Yes you can use a calcuator and the maths isnt difficult.The group discussion consisted of around 6 of us and was relaxed and friendly. I managed to say all the points I wanted but they said in feedback I needed to expand on those points more. Suprisingly I felt most confident about chester and least confident about salford lol.
UCLAN is the largest group discussion approx 25 people and yes salford maths is hard i just left out the ones I didnt know or guessed x

Omg lol I thought Chester was the largest! Thanks for the advice really appreciate it :smile:x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I have also just got an interview at Chester next month, really nervous about the group interview though :/ x
Reply 7
Original post by MissRudo
I have also just got an interview at Chester next month, really nervous about the group interview though :/ x

Oh congrats when is yours?? We might have ours on the same day :smile: mine is the 21st. I am nervous about the group interview as well purely because I never had one in my other interviews x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by anizz91
Oh congrats when is yours?? We might have ours on the same day :smile: mine is the 21st. I am nervous about the group interview as well purely because I never had one in my other interviews x

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah mine's on the 21st as well. Yeah I have never had a group interview before either, I applied for Social Work last year and I never had to do group interviews x
Reply 9
yeah mine's on the 21st as well. Yeah I have never had a group interview before either, I applied for Social Work last year and I never had to do group interviews x

uhh great we can argue together haha :smile: im sure we will be fine as long as we research the topic and say something clever a few times. I have one at Sheffield tomorrow but apparently its a group activity not a discussion. what branch are you doing adult,child or mental health?
Reply 10
Original post by anizz91
uhh great we can argue together haha :smile: im sure we will be fine as long as we research the topic and say something clever a few times. I have one at Sheffield tomorrow but apparently its a group activity not a discussion. what branch are you doing adult,child or mental health?

haha that' true, I always find it hard to speak when lots of other people are speaking as well though :/ I am doing Adult Nursing, how about you? and good luck at Sheffield tomorrow, tell me how it goes :smile:
Reply 11
haha that' true, I always find it hard to speak when lots of other people are speaking as well though :/ I am doing Adult Nursing, how about you? and good luck at Sheffield tomorrow, tell me how it goes :smile:

Yeah I'm doing adult too :smile:.. I know it's hard especially nursing it's so competitive,everyone tries to say something first! Thanks I hope it goes better than my first interview that was a disaster lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by anizz91
Yeah I'm doing adult too :smile:.. I know it's hard especially nursing it's so competitive,everyone tries to say something first! Thanks I hope it goes better than my first interview that was a disaster lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

aww where was your first interview? I really want to go to Chester so I hope it works out :smile:
Reply 13
aww where was your first interview? I really want to go to Chester so I hope it works out :smile:

At hull lets just say I was the candidate that kept blowing her nose and looked pale full of a cold and could not answer the questions properly :frown:...yeah Chester is nice really want to go to the Warrington campus it's only an hour away from home. Did you apply to any other unis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by anizz91
At hull lets just say I was the candidate that kept blowing her nose and looked pale full of a cold and could not answer the questions properly :frown:...yeah Chester is nice really want to go to the Warrington campus it's only an hour away from home. Did you apply to any other unis?

Posted from TSR Mobile

aww bless you :frown: did they tell you their decision though? yeah I have applied to Derby but I was unsuccessful, still waiting for Keele, Teeside and Staffordshire lol. where else did you apply?
Reply 15
aww bless you :frown: did they tell you their decision though? yeah I have applied to Derby but I was unsuccessful, still waiting for Keele, Teeside and Staffordshire lol. where else did you apply?

I know bit of a misfortune that I had to be sick exactly on the day but anyhow what happens happens! Lol no I will hear the verdict on Friday but judging from the facial expression they gave me I don't think it looks good. Yeah I have 3 interviews now for sheffield,cumbria and chester just waiting for Leeds to come back. Don't worry about the unsuccessful's they don't know what they are missing :wink:x

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have applied to Mental Health Nursing at Chester, Keele, LJMU, Edge Hill and UCLan.
I got unsuccessful at Chester without an interview.
Interview at UCLan tomorrow.
Interview and offered a place at Keele, Edge Hill and LJMU :smile:.
Does anyone have any pointers/advice for the UCLan interview pleaseee? Or how the day is run? Just anything please :smile: sorry I know this is an aduly nursing forum but they normally run in the same way :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by anizz91

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, i have an interview at hull for adult nursing on the 13th of this month i was just wondering if you could tell me the sort of questions they were asking
Reply 18
Original post by Kayley-Jayne
Hi, i have an interview at hull for adult nursing on the 13th of this month i was just wondering if you could tell me the sort of questions they were asking

Ermm the usual really what attracts you to nursing? How would a human want to be treated? Tell me about the nmc code, mention a time where you have been the team leader. There were others as well but I can't remember to be fair I just want to forget that interview with them lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Kayley-Jayne

By the way the maths is not basic it was not on my selection day,it was hard and no one could finish it completely just want to warn you! Learn drug calculations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending