The Student Room Group

how has immigration affected the pass rates of the country

is it a good thing for Britain that many students don't speak much english

and our the tests being made more simpler for the immigrants so they can pass them ??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by deehee

and our the tests being made more simpler for the immigrants so they can pass them ??

These test are quite hard, not too hard but it really has nothing to do with immigration, it all to do with self-efficacy and self-esteem. A lot of students give up and can't be bothered both immigrants and born Brits... But depends on if the immigrants started school early or late and all that stuff.
Reply 2
Original post by deehee

Judging by your post, you don't seem to speak much English either.
Reply 3
Original post by deehee

"More simple". It seems you don't speak much English either. And funnily enough, you could say I'm an immigrant.
Reply 4
We shouldn't worry about immigrants that cannot speak properly in English. We should worry about British who can't speak their own native language properly.
I'm pretty sure, Chinese, Indian, and Black African's have a higher than average attendance to high education.

A lot of people mistake a lack of will to speak English with a lack of ability.
Reply 6
Original post by speedbird
"More simple". It seems you don't speak much English either. And funnily enough, you could say I'm an immigrant.

'Simpler' not 'more simple'.

If you're going to give an impromptu Grammar 101 lesson, please do it properly :-P

(you're not strictly incorrect, it just sounds better and is more commonly accepted to use "simpler" in the middle of a sentence)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Xiomara
'Simpler' not 'more simple'.

If you're going to give an impromptu Grammar 101 lesson, please do it properly :-P

(you're not strictly incorrect, it just sounds better and is more commonly accepted to use "simpler" in the middle of a sentence)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stick to one style of writing the quotation marks, either stay with '........' or "......" :tongue: Sorry, couldn't resist :colondollar: Also, you've forgotten to end the sentence with a dot (.)
Reply 8
Original post by ForgetMe
Stick to one style of writing the quotation marks, either stay with '........' or "......" :tongue: Sorry, couldn't resist :colondollar: Also, you've forgotten to end the sentence with a dot (.)

Are emoticons periods now?
"Sorry, couldn't resist :colondollar:"

:P
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Xiomara

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let's not get into more details. :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Xiomara

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just no. :facepalm:
Reply 11
Original post by ameritus
Just no. :facepalm:

Problem?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12

Well naturally...
Reply 13
Well naturally...

Care to share?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Xiomara
Oh, you're one of those.

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be fair there are a fair few British people on here. It is a British website after all.
Reply 17
To be fair there are a fair few British people on here. It is a British website after all.

Of course.

Funny that you're the only one expressing shock and disbelief at alternative yet valid words. Assuming you're British.

"Omg, I went on this thing called the internet the other day and there were FOREIGN PEOPLE talking to me! How weird is that?"
:rolleyes:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Xiomara
Of course.

Funny that you're the only one expressing shock and disbelief at alternative yet valid words. Assuming you're British.

"Omg, I went on this thing called the internet the other day and there were FOREIGN PEOPLE talking to me! How weird is that?"
:rolleyes:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I try and avoid foreign people everywhere to be honest, not just on the internet.

Haha nah I'm kidding, if you're actually American you're duly excused. :wink: It's the creeping Americanisms infecting the rest of the world that should be prevented/slowed.
Reply 19
Well I try and avoid foreign people everywhere to be honest, not just on the internet.

Haha nah I'm kidding, if you're actually American you're duly excused. :wink: It's the creeping Americanisms infecting the rest of the world that should be prevented/slowed.

Nigerian :wink:

There's no denying that I'm influenced by popular culture in many ways, including my use of language. I don't see "Americanisms" as a negative thing.
Agree to disagree? If not, feel free to start a thread on America's cultural influence on the rest of the world... :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending