The Student Room Group

Girls: No DIY 2013!

Scroll to see replies

OP's comment in a nutshell

Come on girls, join me in not doing something that I have never done nor intended to do... WHO'S UP FOR THE CHALLENGE????

Seriously OP what is the point if you haven't done it before? And why haven't you? you're losing out on finding out what you like an ultimately having a great sex life.
Reply 41
Good god no.
How does not doing it increase your willpower and motivation? I'm the sort of person who's likely to think "I'm so horny, I'm away from my partner (I'm at uni) and I can't do anything SO I'LL EAT CHOCOLATE", and then repeat that cycle every day. I think I'd rather give up chocolate for a year (which is actually the more likely choice right now).
Original post by EmmaBurton
If this is about changing a person's energies from being selfish or non-productive to things that are positive, it matters a lot whether you and your BF masturbate each other, or yourselves. The former is a lot more fun, IMO.

The two are not mutually exclusive! Both can be done - and I would not consider it 'selfish' if the other enjoys it also. Anyway, just an opinion. Good luck!
Ok, lets be real here. Most girls probably aren't going to join you OP because most dont see it (masturbating) as a problem for them. They aren't addicted to it like most guys are despite what some might quote me here and try to convince me otherwise. Trust me, the worst cases of masturbating for girls will pale in comparison to the worst cases in guys.

Also not to mention that the OP mentions that she finds masturbating gross and she's never done it before (talk about falling into the stereotype of the typical sexually repressed girl).
Yeah it takes so much effort to abstain from something you already find gross :congrats: ....
(edited 11 years ago)
I love the fact the women are having nothing to do with this idea whereas the men can't wait to prove their 'manliness' or some nonsense.
Reply 46
Original post by Ice Constricter
Ok, lets be real here. Most girls probably aren't going to join you OP because most dont see it (masturbating) as a problem for them. They aren't addicted to it like most guys are despite what some might quote me here and try to convince me otherwise. Trust me, the worst cases of masturbating for girls will pale in comparison to the worst cases in guys.

Also not to mention that the OP mentions that she finds masturbating gross and she's never done it before (talk about falling into the stereotype of the typical sexually repressed girl).
Yeah it takes so much effort to abstain from something you already find gross :congrats: ....

No way am I equally repressed! You don't even know me! I live with my BF, we both have healthy sex drives and enjoy that side of our life together. Maybe it's because I don't masturbate that I have a good sex life, maybe it's just a coincidence, but either way don't try to make out I'm some kind of sexless prude just because I don't have my fingers in my crotch every five minutes.
Reply 47
Original post by TheMagicRat
I love the fact the women are having nothing to do with this idea whereas the men can't wait to prove their 'manliness' or some nonsense.

Yes and they're trying to make out it's because they're too sensible, not trying to prove anything etc. in truth it's because they enjoy it too much and are too weak to give up :smile:
No way am I equally repressed! You don't even know me! I live with my BF, we both have healthy sex drives and enjoy that side of our life together. Maybe it's because I don't masturbate that I have a good sex life, maybe it's just a coincidence, but either way don't try to make out I'm some kind of sexless prude just because I don't have my fingers in my crotch every five minutes.

I didn't say you were sexually repressed, I said you fall into that stereotype i.e. people will stereotype you that way.

Also why is putting your fingers down there gross, but not equally gross when your boyfriend does it? You do know that makes no sense right?

And who talked about having their fingers in their crotch every five minutes? Is that what you think that people that masturbate do or are you just trying to insult them?
(edited 11 years ago)
I've never masturbated, I find the idea gross, so I know for certain I won't be doing it in 2013, so I'll be the first to sign up. Anyone else care to join me?

And for 2013, I'm going to quit smoking despite never having a smoking habit. How can you give up something you don't do? And why on earth do you find it disgusting?
Reply 50
EmmaBurton is a crazy feminist guys :rolleyes:

wasn't it her that insinuated that all of India supports rape?
So far there's just me and BettyRoseXD signed up for the girls (and I don't do it anyway, so it's not like I'm giving anything up). The guys are now up to more than 50. IMO it's a lot harder for them ('blue balls' and risk of nocturnal emissions do deal with). Surely more of us can do this than them? More sign-ups PLEASE!

Actually the last time I counted, we'd passed 70. :biggrin:
Reply 52
I didn't say you were sexually repressed, I said you fall into that stereotype i.e. people will stereotype you that way.

Also why is putting your fingers down there gross, but not equally gross when your boyfriend does it? You do know that makes no sense right?

And who talked about having their fingers in their crotch every five minutes? Is that what you think that people that masturbate do or are you just trying to insult them?

If I play with my bits, that's selfish. If my BF does it for me, that's an act of love.

My 'every five minutes' comment was an exaggeration, obvious TBH.
Reply 53
Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£
Actually the last time I counted, we'd passed 70. :biggrin:

That's amazing, and wonderful :smile:.

As there has been so little interest from us girls, I wonder if you could separate out the females in your list so we can see how many girls are going without in 2013 and then keep a track of how many keep to it? There are 2-3 in this thread,n the rest in yours.
Reply 54
Yeah, I'm in
Reply 55
Original post by Tabzqt
EmmaBurton is a crazy feminist guys :rolleyes:

wasn't it her that insinuated that all of India supports rape?

I've never said anything here about India. And I hate feminism. Otherwise, it's exactly as you say :smile:
If I play with my bits, that's selfish. If my BF does it for me, that's an act of love.

My 'every five minutes' comment was an exaggeration, obvious TBH.

Can you explain to me in logical terms why its selfish if you do it on your own?

And yes an exaggeration meant as an insult obviously :rolleyes:
Reply 57
I've never said anything here about India. And I hate feminism. Otherwise, it's exactly as you say :smile:

bull. I swear that was you.

edit: turns out it wasn't. many apologies :rolleyes:
you still sound crazy though.
Im in too!x
Reply 59
Can you explain to me in logical terms why its selfish if you do it on your own?

And yes an exaggeration meant as an insult obviously :rolleyes:

If a person masturbates, they bring pleasure to themselves, and nobody else. That's selfish. If they give the person they love a hand job, that's an act of giving, which is unselfish. I want to give sexual pleasure to my BF, and I want any pleasure I receive to come from him and not from my own hands, or some piece or latex from China.

Quick Reply

Latest