The Student Room Group

Anyone who uses a laptop in exams or anyone dyspraxic please help

I have recently been diagnosed with dyspraxia and will be using a laptop in my exams. However I haven't been told much about how laptop use works and first day back at school are my january AS unit 1 exams.

Here are my questions, what are conditions in laptop use?

Secondly is it me or is it not fair that we aren't allowed to use auto correct as I make lots of typos constantly and rely on autocorrect. Will i be penalized for typos?
Reply 1
If dyspraxia is what I think it is, I've got it too but I'm not allowed to use a computer... I should guess you'd get extra time over other exam-takers, use that to check spelling etc. it should be fine to misspell a little though, as long as the answer is readable. If it's an important definition or anything, check your spelling can't be confused with any other similar word else you won't get the mark. Same with longer questions (at least in science) and all the ones with a little pencil symbol in the question, they all need accurate spelling. Apart from that it should be fine. And as always, just practice til you get good at typing without errors!

Quick Reply

Latest