The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

English & Creative Writing: Dundee vs Glasgow and Edinburgh

Hello all,

I was until recently going to apply to Edinburgh (Religious studies and English) and Glasgow (English Lit/History of Art), but just today I saw what's on offer at Dundee Uni, and it made me wonder if I should reconsider. I like the course structure at Dundee immensely, and they have lots of interesting modules. So I'm wondering now whether or not it would be stupid to choose Dundee over Edinburgh and Glasgow. I don't know anything about the city or how to get there (I'm from Lithuania), or how good/bad the university is. According to Unistats, Creative Writing at Dundee isn't very good, but it's what I'd love to study. Could anyone give me some advice?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Dundee's a complete and utter dump, go to Glasgow or Edinburgh, they're much nicer and better universities for most subjects. I live in Scotland.
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
Original post by Emanseru
Dundee's a complete and utter dump, go to Glasgow or Edinburgh, they're much nicer and better universities for most subjects. I live in Scotland.

Well, that's quite harsh. Do you have any experience with Dundee Uni? I'm only placing it before Glasgow and Edinburgh because it has Creative Writing degree and comics modules. I would go to Edinburgh otherwise.
Reply 3
Original post by Hawkguy
Well, that's quite harsh. Do you have any experience with Dundee Uni? I'm only placing it before Glasgow and Edinburgh because it has Creative Writing degree and comics modules. I would go to Edinburgh otherwise.

That's only in my opinion, other people have a lot of fun there. I have no personal experience with the actual uni itself, but it's up to you. If you want to do Creative Writing then go for it, but personally I find Edinburgh and Glasgow more appealing, they are much better universities in most cases.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending