The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Social Work at Queens 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2220
Original post by Chloeh7
Hey guys can't wait for tomorrow :smile: feeling a bit nervous as don't know what's going to happen lol going to be in such a rush cause have to go into work for a few hours in the morning :frown: is it just our passport photos that we need to bring?

Im the same Chloe!work first which is such a stress!be good to meet everyone before Monday tho :smile: im bringing just photos I think...is it next week that we bring certs for UU women coming?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 2221
Im bringing my certs with me just in case lol cant wait 2 get started :smile:
Reply 2222
Il prob bring mine too lol see yas in a few hours! Nervous but excited!!
Original post by Chloeh7
Il prob bring mine too lol see yas in a few hours! Nervous but excited!!

Hey, I hope u get this:smile: il not make it for coffee, running late because of traffic, see u all at 1:-)
Reply 2224
[QUOTE="crystal94;44476104"]Hey, I hope u get this:smile: il not make it for coffee, running late because of traffic, see u all at 1:-)[/QUOTE

Hi BMC ladies u excited for tomorrow? Had a moment of panic there that times for tomorrow changed but think that is just for another day. Still a 10am start? Shall we meet just before and get a seat together?
Reply 2225
I didn't have the chance to speak to any of u girls on fri, I was sitting at the other end of the room lol excited to start tomorrow and hear more about he course. Il be getting the train down so il prob just be there right at 10am but u girls can go on ahead in and I'm sure I will get speaking to use tomorrow at some stage :smile:
Reply 2226
Original post by Chloeh7
I didn't have the chance to speak to any of u girls on fri, I was sitting at the other end of the room lol excited to start tomorrow and hear more about he course. Il be getting the train down so il prob just be there right at 10am but u girls can go on ahead in and I'm sure I will get speaking to use tomorrow at some stage :smile:

Hey Chloeh i know it was hard to get a proper chat friday...all a bit of a whirlwind! glad to know i didnt get my times wrong :smile: yea will get a proper intro tomorrow!:smile:
hey guys! im just starting the social work 3year degree at magee. its registration day tomorrow and wondered if any of you knew if we have to take all our gcse certificates with us aswel?
Original post by jaymielee12
hey guys! im just starting the social work 3year degree at magee. its registration day tomorrow and wondered if any of you knew if we have to take all our gcse certificates with us aswel?

Hey am starting the 3 year route tomorrow aswell yeah am bringing my gcses etc just incase what room is the registration in an isnt it at 11?
Hello everyone. Was wondering how you are all getting on with your Social Work degree at Queen`s? I`m sure you`re all very busy,but if anyone gets the time to give us a bit of an insight into daily life doing the degree that would be great.! Thanks.
Reply 2230
Original post by markova21
Hello everyone. Was wondering how you are all getting on with your Social Work degree at Queen`s? I`m sure you`re all very busy,but if anyone gets the time to give us a bit of an insight into daily life doing the degree that would be great.! Thanks.

Hello Mark,

Well, we are only just in to the degree but already the pace is picking up. We are in uni three days a week and get classes in law, sociology and of course social work. We have been learning the Children's Order and the specific laws relating to our work. Sociology is not taught specific to us and we share that class with other students on various degrees. There is already an assignment due in November!

All the tutors are great and there is a lot of support available. All in all I am very pleased with everything so far.

That is all I can think of at this hour of the morning but feel free to ask any specific questions.

All the Best

Del
Thanks Del. Oh I`m Lisa BTW,not that it matters, LOL. Markova is the surname of a famous ballerina from years ago .
Reply 2232
Out of interest, hows the UU course going for you guys? :smile:
Original post by Isme007
Out of interest, hows the UU course going for you guys? :smile:

Hi i am enjoying the course so far! although the work is really starting to pile up now lol!
Original post by Jkane88
Hey,
Just got an offer for the two year course in Magee. I am living in belfast and a mature-ish student, am 25. Was just wanting to get chatting to some people before I start as don't want to look too much like a loner.

Also, anyone else from belfast, do you plan to travel or stay up there?

Hi, just read this and I hope you don't mind me asking what the two year course is like so far. I am applying for 2014 two year route for Magee and really stuck on my personal statement also, would be grateful for any advice on this confused
Reply 2235
Hey, I've applied for the 3 year SW course in BMC.

Fingers crossed I get asked to do the 600 word statement :confused:

Just wondering how everyone is getting on in BMC & what your timetable is like?

I'll be leaving full time job to study but hope to get a part time job so knowing the timetable would give me an idea of what hours I could do if I get accepted.

What modules are you doing at the minute, I know the first year in QUB is sociology & law based, is BMC the same?

I'd be grateful to know any information about the course at BMC as all other SW students I know go to QUB or Magee.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending