The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Social Work at Queens 2013

Scroll to see replies

thanks for the replies guys :smile: all about trying to gain a bit of confidence from now until next week interviews stress me out hence y im unemployed atm :frown:
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 261
Aw I need help
Reply 262
Original post by KerryF94
Its getting scarier by the day! Oh the book came today! I'll have a wee peak at it tomorrow! :smile:
Thanks for being so caring though! Means a lot xx

Aw happy days!! lol!! It's a book that changed my life!! (If anyone is wondering what we're talking about, it's a book called 'Feel the Fear and do it anyway, by Susan Jeffers)!! It s really good for helping to develop more confidence, and I'd recommend it to anyone).

And your very welcome chic. PM me any time!! I've been missing our wee chats this past few days!! xx :biggrin:
Reply 263
Original post by Blazerie
Aw I need help

Whats up chic?? Did you get your personal statement away OK??

Anything I can help with?? :biggrin: XX
Reply 264
Original post by rachel_201
thanks for the replies guys :smile: all about trying to gain a bit of confidence from now until next week interviews stress me out hence y im unemployed atm :frown:

It is so stressful but just think that you've made it to the first important step you just have one left to go! Good luck for your interview! :biggrin:
Reply 265
Kerry, what courses have you applied for ? Did I read somewhere you had two interviews?

I don't mind sharing information about the interview, however I agree that each of us put in a lot of time preparing for interview. My advice is do not overload on information. Speak to a social worker and be yourself in the interview, I don't feel we are competing with each other to a large extent. My view is we are competing with required social work degree standards of acceptance etc
Reply 266
Original post by seanieno9
Kerry, what courses have you applied for ? Did I read somewhere you had two interviews?

I don't mind sharing information about the interview, however I agree that each of us put in a lot of time preparing for interview. My advice is do not overload on information. Speak to a social worker and be yourself in the interview, I don't feel we are competing with each other to a large extent. My view is we are competing with required social work degree standards of acceptance etc

I applied for the 3 year course at Queens, UU and Belfast Met. I chose to share my information so I only had 1 interview which was 3 weeks ago! :smile:
Reply 267
I've spent a bit of time reviewing my answers from yesterday and feel a little better. I just hope I get a spot,

I did the same, I've heard others saying they completed two interviews, which is bizarre given we only have a choice of two uni's
Reply 268
Original post by seanieno9
I've spent a bit of time reviewing my answers from yesterday and feel a little better. I just hope I get a spot,

I did the same, I've heard others saying they completed two interviews, which is bizarre given we only have a choice of two uni's

I can see why people would choose to do 2 interviews because it means you have 2 chances and if you feel you messed up on one you can change it with the second, but the stress of it would be so much! Im not reviewing my interview because it'll just make me feel more anxious and there is no point, i can do no more at the minute, i just have to hope i did enough
Reply 269
If you don't share your information and if you apply to Queens and UU, you will then attend two interviews (one for each). I chose not tp share my info this year to give me two shots at the interview. Means you have twice the stress, but a another chance to perhaps do better than before :smile:

Glad you feel you've done better than you thought! Some of the questions were quitq tricky, I think we'd all agree on that! :smile:
Reply 270
Original post by amcgregor29
Thanks very much :smile: what age r u now then? Im 19. I work for women's Aid as a Family support worker in a hostel for women and children who have suffered form domestic violence! I love my job but social work is such a broad role, which I love because I enjoy working with all client groups! Thanks very much for them tips! That's great! Have u all your interviews done then? I'm sure you will do brilliant if you have gained more experience :smile: xx

I'm 23! :/ So I'm sorta inbetween the younger and the more mature stage! Lol.. Women's Aid is a fantastic organisation to work for. Their held in very high esteem! Would you be able to continue working here if you got on the course?

Yea, all my interviews were over since mud Feb! Just wondering if you remember what date in April you gound out you were unsuccessful? :frown:

That's no bother! :smile: I really hope you do well! What would be your first choice, if you were successful? X
Reply 271
In hindsight I'd love another interview, as I spent yesterday evening beating my self up because of what I didn't say during my interview. Which was disappointing, the plus side is I feel I have shown enough potential to be considered... I realise now that I will become a social worker irrespective of getting in this year or over the next couple of years.

ladies, I wish you all the best of luck, who knows we could be classmates in the very near future.

id like to attend Queens, however I believe the FE colleges have smaller groups of students (20) & (15) respectfully and the opportunity to make new friends is greater. Lecturers will have more time for you and all being well we will get through this.
Reply 272
Original post by rachel_201

I found looking on youtube at interview tecniques, do's and don'ts, how to answer difficult interview questions, body language and social work interviews very helpful :biggrin: xx
Reply 273
Its so weird thinking some of us could be classmates! Seems weird to me!
Reply 274
Hmmmm
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 275
no 1 mum can u mail me
Reply 276
Original post by Blazerie
no 1 mum can u mail me

Still stressed?
Reply 277
Gosh my wee threads so quiet now! lol

I hope everyone has had a good weekend/st patrick's day.
Also, good luck to everyone with interviews or waiting for interviews!

If you're like the rest of us waiting for offers, good luck being patient! I still haven't mastered it after 3.5 weeks!
Reply 278
Also, I have a post on interview tips on my blog! If anyone wants the link feel free to pm me! :biggrin:
Reply 279
Hey guys, how's everyone getting on with their interviews? I had mine last week and the waiting game is horrible! I'm just wondering about student finance...I have already applied twice so know how to fill it in and stuff but just wondering what all we apply for, e.g tuition fee loan, maintenance loan and maintenance grant? If anyone has applied could ya please let me know, thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending