The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Social Work at Queens 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by apreece88
Hi everyone!

Reading through the posts and everyone is so positive which is great :smile: I have a joint interview for UU and Queens next Friday for Social Work..soo nervous :s-smilie: Was wondering does anyone have any idea of the questions they might ask? Also is smartly dressed the best option?

Hey :smile: yeah deffo go smart! Just knw exactly what a social worker does and you should be okay!
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 141
Hi everyone, whats been happening? I'm still waiting......... Girl in my access class has got an interview on 20th in Dungannon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 142
Original post by KarenG128
Hi everyone, whats been happening? I'm still waiting......... Girl in my access class has got an interview on 20th in Dungannon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, im still waiting.. I have my interview nearly 2 weeks ago so I suppose no news is good news!
Reply 143

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey Karen!! :biggrin: Don't be down hearted!! I'd say if ya haven't heard anything yet, you're still in the running for an interview. I read in last years thread that interviews are sent out alphabetically, so maybe that is the reason why you still haven't got a date yet?? What does you UCAS track say? Have you applied to Queens and Magee as well? I would just keep preparing for interview anyway, in case you get very little notice :smile:

I understand how anxious you must feel, but just keep positive :smile: I know it's tough, but you've done so well to get this far!!

My interview is on Wednesday and I am soooo stressed out!! I went to a mock interview yesterday, and made a pure hash of it! Because I have memorised answers for any possible question that could be asked from the details on the guidance sheet, when the pressure kicks, my brain goes to mush!! lol!! NOT GOOD!! I normally have so much confidence, so it's frustrating thinking that I'm gonna mess up the most important interview of my life because of nerves!! I think it's because it means so much to me....

As well as this, I have always had blonde hair and went to a different hairdresser on Tuesday to get my roots done for the interview. NEVER AGAIN!!! LOL!! My hair is pure white!!! I look like a banshee!! LOL!! :colone: So I'm that fed up with it, that I'm going dark today!! lol!! COMPLETE DISASTER!!! lol!!! Oh well, suppose it's better happening now, than the day before my interview!! XXXX
Reply 144
Hi, UCAS doesn't say anything which is good news I suppose as I imagine it would come up unsuccessful if I wasn't getting an interview. Yea I have applied to both but swc is my perfect place to go. I have been writing down answers to all the obvious questions but i'm trying not to sound as if I have memorised them lol. They probably won't ask one thing that I have revised. I hope your hair turns out better today, that would stress me out completely lol. At least you had time to get it fixed. Good luck for Wed, I hope your nerves don't let you down. I'm usually not too bad in interviews but for this I am a nervous wreck. I suppose it's just so important.x
Reply 145
Just received word on Thursday that I have an interview in 2 weeks. I am so pleased so now it's just about getting prepared and learning the information needed :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 146
Hi, UCAS doesn't say anything which is good news I suppose as I imagine it would come up unsuccessful if I wasn't getting an interview. Yea I have applied to both but swc is my perfect place to go. I have been writing down answers to all the obvious questions but i'm trying not to sound as if I have memorised them lol. They probably won't ask one thing that I have revised. I hope your hair turns out better today, that would stress me out completely lol. At least you had time to get it fixed. Good luck for Wed, I hope your nerves don't let you down. I'm usually not too bad in interviews but for this I am a nervous wreck. I suppose it's just so important.x

Thanks chic!! Got it sorted!! I'm now a conservative, brown haired woman and not a Dolly Parton look-alike!!! LMAO! :colone:

Thanks for the luck!! I'll need it!! lol!! You'll get your chance soon and you'll do SUPER!! xxx
Reply 147
Original post by Chloeh7
Just received word on Thursday that I have an interview in 2 weeks. I am so pleased so now it's just about getting prepared and learning the information needed :smile:

Well done! :biggrin: My interview is nearly two weeks ago and still no news which i suppose is good! :biggrin:
Reply 148
Original post by KerryF94
Well done! :biggrin: My interview is nearly two weeks ago and still no news which i suppose is good! :biggrin:

CONGRATS WEE HUN!! YOU DONE IT!! LOL!! If you haven't heard by now, your definitely in!! You deserve it!! You worked and stressed so much for your interview and i'll bet it's all worth it now!! :smile: I'm sure you'll make a great wee social worker!!

Well done Chloe for getting your interview!! xx
Reply 149
Original post by 1 No Mum
CONGRATS WEE HUN!! YOU DONE IT!! LOL!! If you haven't heard by now, your definitely in!! You deserve it!! You worked and stressed so much for your interview and i'll bet it's all worth it now!! :smile: I'm sure you'll make a great wee social worker!!

Well done Chloe for getting your interview!! xx

I dont wanna jinx it! haha, last year someone got rejected the day before the two week mark
Reply 150
Well done for getting an interview, I know people who didn't get interviews with lots of experience so it really is a good thing!
My interview is this Thursday, starting to get scared, just want this week to fly in!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 151
Original post by coping
Well done for getting an interview, I know people who didn't get interviews with lots of experience so it really is a good thing!
My interview is this Thursday, starting to get scared, just want this week to fly in!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I know!! It's a major achievement to even get an interview, and a social worker told me that unless you do an awful interview, you will most likely get in. :biggrin:

I'm freaking out too!! Mines this Wednesday and I am a bag of nerves! My biggest fear is my mind going blank and ending up stumbling my way through the interview!!

As you say, hopefully the week will fly in!! I'm going for a big slap up meal on Thursday night to celebrate it all being over! Can't wait!! xx
Reply 152
Im soo nervouss! This wednesday is my two week mark! I need this week to fly in! Im more nervous atm than I have been since my interview!
Reply 153
Im soo nervouss! This wednesday is my two week mark! I need this week to fly in! Im more nervous atm than I have been since my interview!

OMG!! Don't tell us that!! lol!! I was hoping for a bit of relief after getting the interview over me!! :eek:

I'd say if you haven't heard by now, you'll be grand!!

I've another mock tomorrow and Tuesday, so hoping that this will give me a bit more practice before the big day!! Soooooo scared!! xx
Reply 154
OMG!! Don't tell us that!! lol!! I was hoping for a bit of relief after getting the interview over me!! :eek:

I'd say if you haven't heard by now, you'll be grand!!

I've another mock tomorrow and Tuesday, so hoping that this will give me a bit more practice before the big day!! Soooooo scared!! xx

Youll be fine honest! :smile: I hate waiting! im so impatient! xx
Reply 155
Ok so I had my Magee interview today! Went just ok, 4/5 questions were grand but I completely freeked out on one and I think I messed it up:frown: I have another shot at queens on Thursday so can anyone advise me on queens? I'm just panicking now bcuz I'm so down about my interview today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 156
Hey Karen!!

Heyy No1.Mum!

I have my interview in Dungannon tomorrow also.. ball of nerves! good luck xx
Reply 157
Youll be fine honest! :smile: I hate waiting! im so impatient! xx

Hey Kerry!

How was your interview? Im panicking here about mine, have an awful feeling once I go in my brain will turn into a blank canvas & i will jibber jabber the whole way through it! Any tips for remaining calm? I took calmers on my last social work interview but didnt think they worked :frown: xxx
Reply 158
Original post by SDxo
Hey Kerry!

How was your interview? Im panicking here about mine, have an awful feeling once I go in my brain will turn into a blank canvas & i will jibber jabber the whole way through it! Any tips for remaining calm? I took calmers on my last social work interview but didnt think they worked :frown: xxx

Hey hun :smile:
I think it went okay! I don't think i bombed it but I am not sure! Did you do the interview last year or recently?
I was about to be sick right before mine! I hated it! Worst feeling ever! Once I went in though I just started thinking 'you need to do this' so i stopped feeling as nervous!
When is your interview? xx
Reply 159
Hey hun :smile:

Good woman yourself Im sure you deserve it im glad it went well for you :-) My interview was 2 years ago, although i was only a school leaver! Looking back it was soooo awful, i had little experience & was so unprepared so that was the problem! I know alot more now and have had much more experience but I just know the nerves will get the better of me! I've prepared for:-
1) Why do you want to be a social worker?
2) The skills/Qualities you would expect a social worker to have if you were a service user.
3) Role of a Social Worker
4) Values a Social Worker should have
5) Scenario Question
6) Experiences I have & how these would relate to Social Work
7) Recent Social Work Perodicals

Did you have anything else in your interview I would need to prepare for?

p.s its most def great news that you havent heard back.. well done missy xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending