The Student Room Group

Really need some help pls. Cambridge MiF vs. LBS MiF vs. Oxford MFE

Hello everyone,
I would like to shed some light on this issue. I know it has probably been discussed before, but I would really appreciate your thoughts on which one is the best program for me. Some background:

Electrical and industrial engineer
Magna cum laude honors from Colombia's best university (6th in LatinAme.)
GPA: 3.85 - 3.9 depending on conversion table.
GMAT: 710 (Q49 and V36 - AWA 5)
TOEFL: 116.
4 years of experience in financial related positions (Consultancy firm, electronic exchange and currently at colombia's deposit insurance fund)

Now here is the thing: I am quite serious about a career in finance. Though I'd love to land a high-paying job at the city, I guess the macro context might not be the best... and much less for a foreigner in UK.

My goals are:
1. Get the theoretical and practical background in finance and economics I didn't get as an undergrad.
2. Pursuit a career preferible as a portfolio manager or a financial risk manager.

So... I know all 3 programs are great but I have two scenarios:
1. Assuming I can land a job in London, which one offers me the best chances for a non-entry level position (4 yrs have to be worth something)
2. Assuming I wont get a job in London, nobody in Colombia cares too much as long as you have the brand... so which one u think will complement me the best.

Sorry for long post and thank you all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending