The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester adult nursing interview

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Laura120792
Hi Megan, you will be fine, there's nothing to be nervous about, the group interview is really relaxed, its just like having a discussion with a few friends and the maths is ok too, just practice as much as you can on SNAP, and you'll ace it :smile: Good Luck!

Thanks Laura really appreciate it!! Hope yours went ok, I'll let you all know how I do :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by megankate94
Thanks Laura really appreciate it!! Hope yours went ok, I'll let you all know how I do :smile:

Yes, let us know how you do! There's a facebook group for those going to manchester https://www.facebook.com/groups/311214862345469/
Mine went well thanks, I got an offer :smile: If I got an offer, you can get one too! :smile: x
Reply 82
I've got my interview for adult nursing tomorrow, I'm so nervous haha. Can anyone give me any ideas of what to expect??:smile:

Something tells me we're going to be in the same interview! BBC bitesize and a few google searches on the role of a student nurse may help :smile: I also found this to be immensely helpful- http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/explore-by-career/nursing/ and maybe just looking over the Francis report about the reform of the NHS http://www.midstaffspublicinquiry.com/sites/default/files/report/Executive%20summary.pdf You'll be fine! :smile:
Yes, let us know how you do! There's a facebook group for those going to manchester https://www.facebook.com/groups/311214862345469/
Mine went well thanks, I got an offer :smile: If I got an offer, you can get one too! :smile: x

Omg well done. fingers crossed for me. I'll be sure to join if I get an offer :smile: How long did they take to get back to you after interview??
Omg well done. fingers crossed for me. I'll be sure to join if I get an offer :smile: How long did they take to get back to you after interview??

It was the day after, around 7 in the evening! I was checking my emails constantly that day! haha!
Fingers crossed! We were told at my interview that they hold a lot of offers for this time of year to make sure they get good candidates through extra/applying late, so you have a good chance :smile:
It was the day after, around 7 in the evening! I was checking my emails constantly that day! haha!
Fingers crossed! We were told at my interview that they hold a lot of offers for this time of year to make sure they get good candidates through extra/applying late, so you have a good chance :smile:

Yaaay I got an offer as well!! Guess I can join the group now haha :biggrin:
Yaaay I got an offer as well!! Guess I can join the group now haha :biggrin:

eee! I'm so happy for you, congrats! :smile: yesss, join the group :smile:
I am hoping to apply for MH just waiting for my referee :smile: so whose studying MH nursing? :biggrin:

xx
Bump

xx
Reply 89
Hey,
I've got my interview for nursing at Manchester in a couple of weeks and wondered if anyone could tell me what's involved in the written tests? I think I know what to expect in the interview and the maths test but i've heard different things about the written one: that it's a comprehension text and questions about the text, that you get a series of questions (i'm assuming about nursing and not just general ones) and you answer them or that you just get one question and have to write a mini essay on it. Can anyone shed any light? :confused:
Original post by rachelanna
Hey,
I've got my interview for nursing at Manchester in a couple of weeks and wondered if anyone could tell me what's involved in the written tests? I think I know what to expect in the interview and the maths test but i've heard different things about the written one: that it's a comprehension text and questions about the text, that you get a series of questions (i'm assuming about nursing and not just general ones) and you answer them or that you just get one question and have to write a mini essay on it. Can anyone shed any light? :confused:

Hey, I had a article I had to read through then I had to summarise the main points of it in essay style :smile: Good luck with your interview!
Reply 91
Ah thank you! Doesn't sound too traumatic :smile:
For the maths test as well, were you allowed to use the calculator on the snap test or where there any questions you couldn't?
Original post by rachelanna
Ah thank you! Doesn't sound too traumatic :smile:
For the maths test as well, were you allowed to use the calculator on the snap test or where there any questions you couldn't?

No, I went into it 10 mins late as well, and I was fine with it :smile:
Yeah, you can use a calculator on all questions, if you prefer you can use your own calculator as long as its not on a phone! :smile:
Reply 93
Sounds good to me, thank god for calculators! Thanks for all your help, feel a lot more prepared now!
Reply 94
Hi, I would just like to know if you're allowed pen and paper to complete the snap test, even though it is online.
Original post by dippers
Hi, I would just like to know if you're allowed pen and paper to complete the snap test, even though it is online.

Yeah you're allowed a pen & paper to do some working out by hand :smile: they provided it
Reply 96
Original post by WeirdLittleO
Yeah you're allowed a pen & paper to do some working out by hand :smile: they provided it

Thank you! I wouldn't be able to do it all in my head!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
hey guys! Anyone got any advice on what girls should wear to the interviews?
Reply 98
Also... Does anyone know what the medical examination thing is like? Will i fail for being overweight? I'm fit but quite chubby and worried this will affect my otherwise okay application...please don't just reply telling me to lose weight because I'm in the process of doing so but its not going to happen over night!
Original post by ellie4evva
Also... Does anyone know what the medical examination thing is like? Will i fail for being overweight? I'm fit but quite chubby and worried this will affect my otherwise okay application...please don't just reply telling me to lose weight because I'm in the process of doing so but its not going to happen over night!

Your weight doesn't matter :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending