The Student Room Group

How would you describe your fashion/style?

I was just wondering what other peoples fashion/styles are..

My Fashion/Style:
I love looking smart, but casual. I like to dress according to my mood, in the winter months, I mostly wear darker clothes, but in the summer, I like clothes that are a bit brighter. I never really wear skirts, I prefer trousers but I love dresses! I never wear heels as I can't walk in them, I love my flats, boots and trainers!

I wear a bit of makeup most days, it only takes me a minute to achieve my makeup look! I mostly wear my hair down, as I look horrible with my hair up! I am very different in terms of clothing to the rest of my friends, but that is what makes me individual. I love searching for vintage items, one-of-a-kind pieces. I am a sucker for a bargain, I love the christmas sales! I don't wear much jewellery, never wear rings, but I like wearing bracelets and necklaces!

My favourite items in my wardrobe at the moment has to be my lovely black patterned dress with bows that was reduced to £18 and my cuddly cream knit cardigan.

So, what is your style like??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by amyyalice
I was just wondering what other peoples fashion/styles are..

My Fashion/Style:
I love looking smart, but casual. I like to dress according to my mood, in the winter months, I mostly wear darker clothes, but in the summer, I like clothes that are a bit brighter. I never really wear skirts, I prefer trousers but I love dresses! I never wear heels as I can't walk in them, I love my flats, boots and trainers!

I wear a bit of makeup most days, it only takes me a minute to achieve my makeup look! I mostly wear my hair down, as I look horrible with my hair up! I am very different in terms of clothing to the rest of my friends, but that is what makes me individual. I love searching for vintage items, one-of-a-kind pieces. I am a sucker for a bargain, I love the christmas sales! I don't wear much jewellery, never wear rings, but I like wearing bracelets and necklaces!

My favourite items in my wardrobe at the moment has to be my lovely black patterned dress with bows that was reduced to £18 and my cuddly cream knit cardigan.

So, what is your style like??

Deep stuff. Erm, as a guy I dress smartly, but don't really think deeply about what I'm putting on! So smart/no style really - kinda boring, but anyway.... :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I guess I'm not very unique or individual when it comes to fashion, I like vintage stuff but can rarely afford it, most of my stuff is from the high street, big inexpensive brands, DP, Primark, New look, M&S, I own a lot of clothes but only have few things that I wear on regular basis. I have jeans that I do wear regularly but would always prefer to wear a dress or skirt with leggings, I don't know what I ever did before my leggings. I used to wear heels a lot but I haven't for a while now, not sure if I could walk in them now, at home I'm always in my slippers, out I'm mostly wearing my boots in the Winter, sandals or pumps in the Summer, my shape-ups the rest of the time. I almost always wear my hair up in a ponytail or bun, I have to wear it up fro work, so its easier to just have it up all the time if I'm not working and I want to do something different with my hair I may put it half up with a clip, cos I don't like having my hair on my face. I don't wear much jewellery, I have small hands so bracelets just tend to fall off me, I always wear my locket, two rings and my watch which I have to remove for work.
I would love to be one of those girls that has that effortless-trendy-topshop look going on, but it's just not me unfortunately!

I love jeans or thick jeggings and wear them every day, usually with a jumper or casual top and converse/boots. My staple is my cath kidson satchel I got for my birthday, I take it nearly everywhere! Going out I usually always wear a dress or top and skirt with heels; sometimes I wear jeggings and a smart top and heeled boots. I rarely wear jewellery, apart from a watch (I always wear my watch when I have lectures) or occasionally a necklace.

Make up wise usually I wear bb cream, a slick of mascara and some tinted lip balm. Takes about 5 minutes in the morning! I rarely put my hair up, usually I just brush it and see what happens. It tends to curl if it's cold outside so lately it's been sitting quite nicely!
I hardly ever wear jeans. I'm pretty much always in a dress, skirts or shorts. I winter I just pair them with some nice thick, woolen tights and a coat. I like a lot of quite quirky, long dresses from shops like Yumi Otherwise I wear quite girly clothes from Top Shop, Miss Selfridge etc. And I always wear heels.

Make-up only takes me about 5 mins. I just put on some mascara, eye liner and lip gloss and leave :smile:
I have quite a lot of clothes, mostly from the highstreet - Asos, H&M, Zara, Topshop, New Look etc.

I'd say I'm quite feminine, as I love full skirts and little shift dresses and I am obsessed with tights. I love shorts too. I wear a lot of black as I think it is a really *cringe at saying this* chic colour. But I also like deep reds/burgundys, purples, blues, mustards/golds, greens, oranges etc. I prefer Winter clothing as I can't stand brightly coloured, garish floral prints, ugh. Shoe-wise, I don't have that many heels, I only have about 30-ish (although saying that, I've only got about 3 pairs of flats so it's a lot in relation) but about 10ish of those are ankle boots, I love platform ankle boots :colondollar:

I have quite a lot of earrings, I don't really wear them though cos I can never be bothered but I'm going to try to wear them more! I like big, bold chunky earrings (from the 60's and the 80's) Apart from that, the only other jewellery I wear is my diamond ring. I love necklaces but I can't really wear them as my dermal piercings get in the way.

Hair-wise, it's down pretty much all the time but if it pisses me off, it gets bunged up. I don't style it in any way because I really suck at it. Make-up is usually just eyebrow pencil and eyebrow gel (my eyebrows are really sparse) and sometimes a dab of concealer and cream blush.

I love clutch bags but they're not the most practical as I have so much stuff to carry around! So usually I just use a large-ish black bag.

My favourite item of clothing would probably be a black lace shift dress that I bought online - had to have it altered cos it was huge, but it's from the 60's! I always get told I was born in the wrong decade and that I get my style ideas from Twiggy lol. So yeah, I would describe my style as feminine and 60's-esque. I do love Twiggy :smile:

Wow, I wrote more than I was planning too :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
I wrote more than I was planning to as well!! :redface:
I would describe it as quite girly, but with an edge. I don't like having items of clothing that everybody else has, you know like a bag you can find in Primark that everyone else is buying and seems to be wearing. I like to look for more unique clothes and accessories. A few years ago, about 80% of my wardrobe was from New Look but I don't really shop there now. Since I've gone to uni, my style has changed quite a lot. I prefer ASOS marketplace Urban Outfitters and Topshop if I have the money to spend there but I'll use Ebay to find cheaper Topshop clothes.
cute clothes, with some colour although I like blacks and greys as they go well with anything, i think black is a stylish and chic colour but a lot of people think of it as being some dark scary colour. tops with motifs and bows are cute! I like japanese harajuku fashion stuffs so i guess inspiration comes from there. skirts or dresses or tunics not jeans.. leggings are a staple.
I have different looks, one day I'll be all girly and the next day I'll be rocking a quiff. My make up and hair depends on what I'm wearing and my look is what mood I'm in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I'd say my style is very casual. I live in my skinny jeans or a short shorts/cutoffs/skirt and tights combo (ditch tights in summer). Sneakers like converse are my one and only though I love gladiators in summer. I guess I'm loving the kind of 90's grungy look atm :biggrin:
Reply 11
I'd say casual. Everyday wear is usually skinny jeans, tshirt and a hoodie or a thick cardigan. Dresses if I'm going out at night or for parties. I just wear whatever I can find in the morning lol. I'm not that fussed tbh. But I never wear trackies, EVER, not that casual..
I always wear makeup even if it's only concealer, mascara and blusher (I'm so pale I look like I'm ill if I don't wear blusher :rolleyes:)
My hair is always a mess. Because it's naturally curly I don't dry it if I have time so I leave it down. If I haven't got enough time then I blowdry it and wear it up (because I'm lazy and can't be bothered to get up earlier :biggrin:)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
my style is retro-gangnam
Original post by amyyalice
What is your style like?

I am not sure how I could classify it as it depends but generally I wear trousers and polos with nice shoes. I would say I lean more towards to preppy side when I am not wearing suits. I love suits and if I could I wear one everywhere :adore:
Original post by tehFrance
I would say I lean more towards to preppy side when I am not wearing suits. I love suits and if I could I wear one everywhere :adore:

[video="youtube;3bYtvs6Ivy8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bYtvs6Ivy8[/video]

:biggrin: I'm sorry, I just had to...
Casual, jeans and shirts mostly, I dress more for practicality than anything else.
Reply 16
I live in tye dye, Nike air max 1s and leggings.
IbiZa style I think I'd say

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm frequently told I dress "like a Japanese school girl" but I'd just describe my style as cute/girly. I'll admit I dress more like I'm 16 than 20 - but I look 16 so I don't think it matters much.

I like frills, lace & bows and I wear mostly neutral colours with the exception of pink. Most days I wear either a mini skirt or denim/black hot pants; a pretty top or blouse; and either a blazer or a long cardigan. If I'm wearing a skirt I'll usually wear over-the-knee black socks - with nude tights underneath when it's cold. If it's very cold (as in snowing) then it'll be thick black tights or I'll slum it with a pair of jeans. I love heels and have a gorgeous black pair that are practical for everything and are so comfortable. <3

Over the past six months I've started shopping more on eBay. I don't mind splurging on a pretty dress, a decent pair of jeans or a durable winter jacket - but I'm not fussed about spending a lot on casual skirts/tops that I just wear to town/class.
I'm best in a pair of jeans, wearing a long-sleeved tee, wearing Mac Beth/Converse footwear. Maybe the odd beanie-hat. Love a nice Jack Daniels belt, too.
Beyond simple description.

Quick Reply

Latest