The Student Room Group

I feel inferior to everyone and have NO confidence

I just don't have the energy to speak in a confident assertive manner. I don't like making eye contact and feel uncomfortable around others esp other confident people. I can't speak out in big groups and feel awkward making small talk. I just want to stay at home, sit on my couch and browse the internet alone away from people. I get on with my close friends but I am not good at first impressions with strangers. It is bound to hinder me in life though as I can't imagine ever going to a job interview and establishing a good rapport with someone or selling myself. Any advice?? :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I just don't have the energy to speak in a confident assertive manner. I don't like making eye contact and feel uncomfortable around others esp other confident people. I can't speak out in big groups and feel awkward making small talk. I just want to stay at home, sit on my couch and browse the internet alone away from people. I get on with my close friends but I am not good at first impressions with strangers. It is bound to hinder me in life though as I can't imagine ever going to a job interview and establishing a good rapport with someone or selling myself. Any advice?? :frown:

Do you do cardio? Do you lift weights?

I ask this, because, i have the same issues, especially after coming out a messy relationship.

I'm in pretty bad shape, don't exercise, lift, or eat healthily.. well didn't.

I discovered a post on a forum, about the changes people have had since they lost weight / got ripped, and it was some serious motivation.

It would seem, losing weight (if your overweight) and getting ripped, improves confidence and self-worth, and your whole outlook on life, a great deal.

I'm only on day 7 of my "new life" but i feel more positive already, and i'm looking forward to the future.

So my advice would be, get yourself into the best shape of your life, see where that takes you :smile:

The post above is good, but my honest advice is to ask your GP about seeing a counselor or therapist.

Its not healthy to be that introverted (though TSR, full of aspie shut-ins as it is, will argue differently).
Reply 3

You sound like ideal moderator material.

Seriously, go down the pub with some friends and have a few drinks.

Do this once a week for a year.

You will now feel confident and social.
(edited 11 years ago)
You're lucky we're such adaptable creatures :smile: Most of the posts above are telling you to put yourself in the most uncomfortable situations because these are the situations that'll make you better.

Start off small.
If you see an oncoming group of guys on the street, don't cross up the road.
Take your hands out of your pockets when walking.
Run for the bus.

Then do more and more..

Remember it's not a linear journey, everyone fails, the winners are the people who don't give up when they do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending