The Student Room Group

What is his game?

I'm going to try and keep this short because I know it gets dull reading this sort of stuff.

My ex of 18 months broke up with me about 6 months ago because he said we were more like friends and he didn't feel I was the 'one'. I understood it because we'd had a pretty rubbish time prior to it. I didn't get into university, was struggling to find work and had nothing 'going on', he felt this put a lot of pressure on him because I wasn't happy and he couldn't make me feel better.

We slept together a few times after breaking up but at that point it meant nothing to either of us.

Come results day I got a last minute offer and was going to university, he started getting all emotional about it because I was over the moon and he said it was hard for him because I was back to the person he had loved in the first place.

He never asked me back out but it was somewhat implied, I didn't and don't want him back.

I went away to uni but we still spoke a lot. He'd quite often be down and say he missed me and also would say he still loved me and hadn't gotten over me sometimes.

When I came back for Christmas I met up with him and he tried it on with me but I told him no because if we were going to be friends in the long term it wasn't a good idea since there seemed to be emotions attached to it for him.

He yet again implied he wanted me back but didn't ask, he said he couldn't help being attracted to me and whenever he's with me he just wants to kiss me blah blah blah.

So basically, just wanting what he can't have? Or genuine regret that he broke up with me? Or anything else?

I've told him so many times that he just has to give himself time to get over it, that we can speak less if it would make it easier for him but I'm getting so tired of the complications when I just want to be friends.
Probably a bit of both to be honest with you! I went out with a guy who messed me up quite a bit and as soon as I was involved with someone else he was interested again; all over me and apologising for being an idiot. You may need to distance yourself from him for a while, so he has a chance to get over his feelings/regret. He sounds like he really doesn't know what he wants but you do know what you want so stick to it and don't let him swing your decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending