The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by HistoryRepeating
"technically fully clothed". Are you kidding me?

How many other people on here have pictures of themselves in swimwear as their avatars?

Its classic attentionwhore behaviour. Google "attention whore" and tell me you aren't doing that.
I know but I'm in Australia tho and it's hot atm :biggrin: Where I live, we have a reputation of walking to the shops in our bikinis (Glenelg).

Trust me in winter I look like a dag, and I even wear SCARVES :cool:
Original post by Ayshah Pearson
I know but I'm in Australia tho and it's hot atm :biggrin: Where I live, we have a reputation of walking to the shops in our bikinis (Glenelg).

Trust me in winter I look like a dag, and I even wear SCARVES :cool:

Maybe its a cultural thing (but I doubt it, I've had aussie gfs), but over here, posting sexual photos of yourself online, wearing swimwear included, is generally considered attention-whoring.
Hey, wow that's actually really impressive and congrats on becomming one! As for considering legal action, my best friend wrote to him threatening legal action (I was too distraught to at the time), which resulted in him removing all the nude images he put up online against my will on various internet forums, plus deleting a fake Twitter account he made complete with nude photos of me in the background. Just, awful experience.

We did contact the local police, but as you can imagine, having had to deal with a grumpy female cop who wasn't really in touch with her makeup side, it wasn't easy getting them on my side. I was basically told to be much more careful in future. Lol all you guys were much nicer than them!

The legal action advice you gave was correct though. I did have every right to sue him and could have, but he removed the photos at the end and I'm not a spiteful person so I was fine with that x

Probably sensible, you never know how things can escalate.

I would strongly suggest you rethink how you go about posting online. You should have rules like:

1. Never use your real name.
2. Don't post your modelling photos in a non-modelling context.

etc. and really stick to them. Maybe this stuff doesn't occur to you because of being slightly autistic? Anyway I strongly suggest you PM an admin on this site and ask for your profile to be renamed to something slightly different to make googling for you harded.
Reply 83

Its classic attentionwhore behaviour. Google "attention whore" and tell me you aren't doing that.
Well I'm sorry but I'm not accepting this comment, cos there are way more attention-seeking girls out there and even on this site (a few are in their underwear, not that it matters good for them). Also when I was on Facebook, my avatar pic was standard of the profile pics used by some of my friends. I have a couple friends who would make my avatar pic look tame lol. But nevermind I'll change it once our winter gets here.
Well I'm sorry but I'm not accepting this comment, cos there are way more attention-seeking girls out there and even on this site (a few are in their underwear, not that it matters good for them). Also when I was on Facebook, my avatar pic was standard of the profile pics used by some of my friends. I have a couple friends who would make my avatar pic look tame lol. But nevermind I'll change it once our winter gets here.

I agree with your comment on there being worse people on here. If you don't want to hold yourself to a higher standard than the TSR lowest-common-denominator then fair enough. I wouldn't be happy with that however.
Reply 85
Probably sensible, you never know how things can escalate.

I would strongly suggest you rethink how you go about posting online. You should have rules like:

1. Never use your real name.
2. Don't post your modelling photos in a non-modelling context.

etc. and really stick to them. Maybe this stuff doesn't occur to you because of being slightly autistic? Anyway I strongly suggest you PM an admin on this site and ask for your profile to be renamed to something slightly different to make googling for you harded.
Yep, I've come to the realisation that I wasn't aware of how important it is to stick to sensible rules when posting online due to being on the Autism spectrum. I might actually change my name on here to Ash Pearson instead, thanks for the idea :smile:

EDIT: I've just asked a Mod in another forum for permission to change my name, so hopefully someone will reply soon.
(edited 11 years ago)
Good. The more I read your posts on here the more I think you are a naiive and a bit insecure rather than actively trolling or an attention whore. I feel sorry for you that you aren't better at managing your online presence but being so public about so much information about yourself does rather invite problems like the ones you describe in your OP.

Back on the original topic, my gf has been stalked by a guy who kept turning up at her work and house at uni (where she knew him from). Eventually she had to get mutual friends to intervene but not before he was caught trying to convince one of her housemates to let him into the flat she lived in while she wasnt there "to wait for her".

She tends to attract these slightly nerdy guys bec use she is really beautiful but very high achieving academically (and now career) success, so they think she is approachable because she is interested in philisophy, scientific topics, politics etc. She is, like the OP, sometimes a bit naiive and often doesnt realise that being her usual, nice self to them they get the wrong impression and take it as permission to be super creepy. Luckily she is getting a lot better at knowing when to be a little less nice to them now. There have been lots of times where I've needed to step in though.
Had a teacher stalking me once, that was pretty scary. Unfortunatley we didn't have a proper common room, just a load of sofa things plonked in the hallway between classrooms in the 6th form block so teachers were walking through it all the time. There was one teacher who used to jump out of nowhere and want to have a word with me, not once, but several times and she somehow knew about a personal problem I had which had nothing to do with school. Needless to say I didn't stay at the school for too long after that, and I was terrified she would find me at my new school somehow when I started there.
Reply 88
You seem like a troll or a very silly person to post; moaning about being stalked but at the same time saying you're a model & have done adult photo shoots, all on a student website.

If you're not trolling, it's actions like this that cause the stalking.

Inb4 - "But she can do whatever she wants, she's not asking to be stalked!" GTFO and get some common sense.
This is the weirdest and most stupid thread I have ever seen. The irony of it all.. it's terrible, I can barely see for the irony.. Moaning about being stalked but posting all the personal details one would need to stalk you. If you found it such a traumatic experience why not stop it?

The irony is literally hurting me.. Maybe I should take legal action on you for the pain you're doing to my temples and forehead.?
Reply 90
Original post by Juichiro
:mad: Hey!

Lol it was only a joke :redface:
Lol that's not the answer I was looking for :wink: :p:

I was looking for more sympathic answers, and/or posts from other people who have had the awful experience of being stalked or bullied too. It's not nice :frown: x

It may not be the answer you were looking for, but it was the only response I could give
Reply 92
Original post by Nice Marmite
This is the weirdest and most stupid thread I have ever seen. The irony of it all.. it's terrible, I can barely see for the irony.. Moaning about being stalked but posting all the personal details one would need to stalk you. If you found it such a traumatic experience why not stop it?

The irony is literally hurting me.. Maybe I should take legal action on you for the pain you're doing to my temples and forehead.?
Well you obviously didn't read the thread, and also have no respect for people who suffer from Autism - even History Repeating understood this.

People who suffer from what I do aren't always aware of their social surroundings, making it hard to figure out what other people may be thinking! So please try to understand things from my point of view before judging.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 93
Original post by Steezy
You seem like a troll or a very silly person to post; moaning about being stalked but at the same time saying you're a model & have done adult photo shoots, all on a student website.

If you're not trolling, it's actions like this that cause the stalking.

Inb4 - "But she can do whatever she wants, she's not asking to be stalked!" GTFO and get some common sense.

I only talked about my modelling after I was asked... Before that I didn't even mention it, in fact I even said that being stalked (which I was on 5 seperate occasions) had nothing to do with attractiveness. More about the other person wanting 'power'. I'm glad I'm finally well-rid of these people in my life, but it took guts to go through what I did. At least you could be more sympathetic, as things like this make you paranoid :/
Reply 94
Good. The more I read your posts on here the more I think you are a naiive and a bit insecure rather than actively trolling or an attention whore. I feel sorry for you that you aren't better at managing your online presence but being so public about so much information about yourself does rather invite problems like the ones you describe in your OP.

Back on the original topic, my gf has been stalked by a guy who kept turning up at her work and house at uni (where she knew him from). Eventually she had to get mutual friends to intervene but not before he was caught trying to convince one of her housemates to let him into the flat she lived in while she wasnt there "to wait for her".

She tends to attract these slightly nerdy guys bec use she is really beautiful but very high achieving academically (and now career) success, so they think she is approachable because she is interested in philisophy, scientific topics, politics etc. She is, like the OP, sometimes a bit naiive and often doesnt realise that being her usual, nice self to them they get the wrong impression and take it as permission to be super creepy. Luckily she is getting a lot better at knowing when to be a little less nice to them now. There have been lots of times where I've needed to step in though.

Thanks for being understanding and I'm sorry to hear that your gf was also on the receiving end of unwanted attention too - btw that is scary about the guy who tried to invite himself in!!

And it's unfortunate, but sometimes it's a good thing to NOT be nice to certain people, so that they get the message that you're not interested in them.
For those who actually have then I'm sorry to hear that and completely empathise with you, having gone through it myself (maybe not even as bad as your experiences).

Throughout my short life of 29 years, I have had the unfortunate experience of being stalked a total of 5 times, and trust me it wasn't flattering in the slightest! Especially when you're receiving messages implying that your life could be in danger - scary.

First time I was stalked: when I was 19 and working as a sales assistant I used to have a guy come in, pretend to buy shampoos and **** and wait for me till I finished work... When my manager called the police so as to get them to talk to him, they wouldn't arrest him because he didn't break any law as he didn't touch me :rolleyes:

Second: I used to email this guy from Manchester, UK who I met through a platonic male friend of mine, and when I stopped emailing him as I found out we had a personality clash (I accepted this and moved on), he then began creating fake accounts to talk to me from. I had started modelling at this stage and wrongly assumed it was a fan, until he asked for more 'private' photos of me. I was stupid to even send him a couple until I realised, due to his writing style and persistency in emails, that it had to be him :o: I have since stopped all communications between us, having been honest with him by telling him I didn't appreciate his behaviour and blocking his email account.

Third: In 2010 I went on a couple dates with a local soccer player (turns out he wasn't as successful as he said he was), didn't feel any chemistry then thought he'd get the message about me not fancying him. But he ended up turning in such a rude human being, sending me awful and demeaning text messages for the next 5 months and calling me from private numbers in the early hours of the morning that I ended up changing my phone number ( :mad: ). He just didn't get the message. I even had a friend TELL him that I wasn't interested but not only did he not listen, he turned the tables around and tried to say that no, it was me that likes him :cool: Changing my phone number may have been annoying at the time, but was so worth it.

Sixth: went out with a police officer in 2011 and when I ended the relationship, I was bombarded with over 50 texts per day demanding what I was doing, who I was seeing etc. Some of them were quite offensive and rude to women. Anyway after having my phone confiscated by police, it was confirmed that he was in fact stalking me (I didn't say this either, it was the detectives who had my phone! I just said he was harassing me) and he was told to leave me alone.

Fifth: In 2012, I had a shoot with a photographer in Melbourne for, I won't lie and I do regret it, an adult magazine but when I later refused to have it published due to the fact that I didn't feel comfortable... You won't even guess what he did! Ok you probably have by now. That's right, he spilled the images onto Facebook (which is why I no longer have an account on there anymore), then after having to stop work, go home and remove those images + block him, he didn't stop there. He went onto public FORUMS and put those photos on there, UNDER MY REAL NAME (!), and then finally, just to sink the teeth in, emailed my PARENTS and SISTER with those exact photos along with an abusive message of what he really thought of me.

Thankfully, both my divorced parents luckliy thought that the email was spam and didn't even open it :smile: :p: My sister however, did read it but knows all about me so messaged him back calling him a massive scum bag.

I ended up threatening the 'photographer' with legal action, and as soon as we sent the letter, all the photos were removed and there remains no trace of them on the internet any longer (which there shouldn't be as that would be illegal). He also had to resign from his job and apparently is now unemployed. One year on and after a bit of councelling, I'm a lot better and am happy with my life, but am a more strong plus cautious person.

Thanks for listening and letting me share that x

what was the creepiest moment you had on your stalking adventures? was there ever any time where someone was doing something that crossed the line from weird to frightening?
Reply 96
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
what was the creepiest moment you had on your stalking adventures? was there ever any time where someone was doing something that crossed the line from weird to frightening?
Yep,definitely the bitter photographer who was mad he couldn't sell my pics. He made a fake Twitter account under my real name, with photos of me in the background, and was posting all sorts of bimbotic crap I just WOULD NOT SAY (I have a Masters degree in information management and am pretty far from being the dumb bimbo type!). He definitely crossed the line doing that.
Yep,definitely the bitter photographer who was mad he couldn't sell my pics. He made a fake Twitter account under my real name, with photos of me in the background, and was posting all sorts of bimbotic crap I just WOULD NOT SAY (I have a Masters degree in information management and am pretty far from being the dumb bimbo type!). He definitely crossed the line doing that.

how come you are such a stalker magnet
I really couldn't be arsed to stalk someone. Far too much committment and effort, arguably more so than a relationship . . .
Reply 99
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
how come you are such a stalker magnet

Was :wink: I dunno just wasn't careful with who I met! Now I'm a lot more careful and guarded. I've even ended some friendships with people if I know they have creepy friends. It's just the way it's gotta be from now on.

Latest

Trending

Trending