The Student Room Group

Norland College???

Scroll to see replies

what is the maximum age that they take people on these days at the Norland college. Is 50 to old to apply as i fancy a change of career.
Reply 41
When I went with my mum she asked if they did "norland grannies" and they said they would never rule it out (she is 52)
Original post by midnight 123
what is the maximum age that they take people on these days at the Norland college. Is 50 to old to apply as i fancy a change of career.
Reply 42
Hi, I wanted to apply to Norland this year but wasn't sure what they're looking for in terms of CV and the interviewing process. I know this was a long time ago now but if you could help in anyway it would be much appreciated :smile:
Reply 43
Hi, i know this is an old thread but i am applying to Borland in september and i wondered if you only applied there or you applied for other courses as i am unsure whether to apply only to there even though i only want to go there!
and how soon after you apply do you get asked for an interview
thankyou x
Applying to norland this year! Any advice with personal statement or interview would be much appreciated, anyone else applying please get in touch and we could set up a support group!
Reply 45
What age/ school year do you start at Norlands?
Hi! I'm applying for Norland for entry in 2017, but i'm not sure how much more experience I need. How much does everyone else have?
Norland took two days to process my application so I freaked out and thought I didn't get an interview, at the same time as googling 'I think I've been rejected by the only uni I applied for' I received an email saying that I have an interview (thank god). Mine is on the 2nd of December 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was offered a place at Norland starting September 2017 I am soooo excited !! I just wondered if anyone else has been offered a place for next year?
Original post by emmanelson
I was offered a place at Norland starting September 2017 I am soooo excited !! I just wondered if anyone else has been offered a place for next year?

I have also been offered a place for 2017 entry!
Reply 50
Original post by Lydveldkamp
I have also been offered a place for 2017 entry!

Hey , how did you find out was it through email or letter .
How long do offers take to come through? I understand that understand that unconditional offers have already been made but for conditional offers I'm a bit confused, do I have to wait until February after everyone has been interviewed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lydiam2
Hey , how did you find out was it through email or letter .

Through UCAS - I received an email from UCAS
Reply 53
I have my interview this Friday and I'm preparing what to wear. I've got smart, smart/casual, and casual are there any 'heads-up' you could give with regard to the interviewing process?

Thanks

J.Roberts
Hi!

Definitely wear smart, when I went for interview everyone was wearing either suits or dresses.

I'm not sure if you know this but in regards to the interview there are two parts, a group interview and a one on one interview with a lecturer. For the group interview loosely prepare what you're going to say but don't go off on a tangent, they won't stop you after 2 minutes but they do keep track of how long you're taking. You'll also have to participate in a group discussion, mine was about why children should play outside. I found the group discussion to be absolutely fine so don't worry about this.

For the one on one interview you'll probably be taken to a classroom or an office and they ask you of run of the mill questions, try to be clear and concise and don't be afraid to show your enthusiasm about the college :smile: Definately have some questions to ask at the end of the interview as it'll make you look engaged and as though you want to learn more about the college (I asked about what they would recommend I do to prepare for attending the college).

Initially it's quite daunting when you go in but it's really not bad at all. Good luck!!
Reply 55
I had my interview on the 24/02. I found out yesterday that I'd gotten a place at Norland. I'm so excited.
Any guys wear their there skinny here?

You should - it would look nice!
Hello, I am really excited that I have an interview. Is there any advice you can offer on the interview itself - I would really appreciate it, jo
Original post by Jojomckenna
Hello, I am really excited that I have an interview. Is there any advice you can offer on the interview itself - I would really appreciate it, jo

I'd also like advice on the interview if anyone would like to offer some?! It would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by AngelaVickers
I'd also like advice on the interview if anyone would like to offer some?! It would be greatly appreciated!

Not sure how helpful this is as have seen people give the same evidence on other threads but honestly they don't want you to know about children as such e,g the devolpment etc. However, what they really want to see is your passion for working with children. So i would say try to get lots of experience to show that your keen etc. as well as trying to communicate this through your interview. Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending