The Student Room Group

Does he fancy me, or are we just friends?

So, I've known this guy for around 8 years now, he actually asked me out last year, but I turned him down as I didn't feel the same way and thought we were better off as friends..

Now, we are just friends but I get a feeling sometimes that he does still fancy me as he sometimes mentions other girls, and the way he does it, I feel like he is trying to make me feel jealous, he always texts me, we talk all of the time, and he flirts with me.

So what do you guys think? Do you think he fancies me again, or is he just being friendly?
Reply 1
Somebody please reply!!!! :confused:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
So, I've known this guy for around 8 years now, he actually asked me out last year, but I turned him down as I didn't feel the same way and thought we were better off as friends..

Now, we are just friends but I get a feeling sometimes that he does still fancy me as he sometimes mentions other girls, and the way he does it, I feel like he is trying to make me feel jealous, he always texts me, we talk all of the time, and he flirts with me.

So what do you guys think? Do you think he fancies me again, or is he just being friendly?

He probably does :/ but it's his feelings :/ so it's not like as if you can stop them, just make it clear you don't feel the same way, best you can do really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Somebody please reply!!!! :confused:
I have been - and am currently in - this situation. After all this time, it's likely that him saying he fancies you was a little bit of an understatement. One of my best friends is a girl I knew at school from being about fourteen onwards, and I fell for her not long after we became friends, but I thought I merely fancied her, and wrote it off. But a couple of years ago I realized I was in love with her, and I told her in Summer 2011. I told her I'd loved her for a long time, that I expected nothing because I value our friendship, and that I'd only really told her because I didn't want to be keeping it from her. I've had a whole relationship since then, and I still love her - I doubt there'll ever be a time when I won't. And she knows this. But she also knows that, while one day I might ask her if she'd go out with me (some of my most derranged fantasies involve inviting her out and proposing to her... let's hope they just stay fantasies for now), I would never put her under any pressure.
Reply 4
Original post by Tootles
I have been - and am currently in - this situation. After all this time, it's likely that him saying he fancies you was a little bit of an understatement. One of my best friends is a girl I knew at school from being about fourteen onwards, and I fell for her not long after we became friends, but I thought I merely fancied her, and wrote it off. But a couple of years ago I realized I was in love with her, and I told her in Summer 2011. I told her I'd loved her for a long time, that I expected nothing because I value our friendship, and that I'd only really told her because I didn't want to be keeping it from her. I've had a whole relationship since then, and I still love her - I doubt there'll ever be a time when I won't. And she knows this. But she also knows that, while one day I might ask her if she'd go out with me (some of my most derranged fantasies involve inviting her out and proposing to her... let's hope they just stay fantasies for now), I would never put her under any pressure.

Awww that sounds so sweet!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending